Home

Team Builder: Which schools will you replace to fill the slots?

This is a discussion on Team Builder: Which schools will you replace to fill the slots? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-22-2024, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Team Builder: Which schools will you replace to fill the slots?

I'm making some assumptions based on how NCAA 14's Team Builder worked.

Number 1: We had to replace default teams if we wanted to import Team Builder teams (TBs) into Dynasty.

Number 2: When we imported them, our TB school took the other school's top 25 ranking, top rival (but only one), schedule, and school record book.

If that's the case for College Football 25, then which teams will you replace for your TBs?

For my high school Dynasty and my FCS Dynasty, I'm replacing the entire top 25 at least if we get that many slots. I want my teams to be the top ranked teams in Dynasty. I'll consider rivals, too, when picking which TB team replaces which real team.

For my best-of-the-rest Dynasty (best FCS, D-II, D-III along with top FBS) I'll replace bottom feeders I don't care about: some C-USA, MAC, etc. schools.

What about you guys? Whom will you sacrifice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2024, 11:07 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Team Builder: Which schools will you replace to fill the slots?

Have they said how many TB schools we can use in a dynasty?
Old 06-22-2024, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke888
Have they said how many TB schools we can use in a dynasty?
No. We got 12 in NCAA 14. However, that was also the number of users we got that year. This year, we get 32 user spots. So I'm cautiously hopeful that since we get more users we'll get more TB slots. But that's just a wish at this point.
Old 06-22-2024, 12:19 PM   #4
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Too bad we can't build enough teams to replace the generic FCS schools on FBS teams schedule. Otherwise I doubt I even bother using team builder, tho I am glad its there for others to take advantage of.
Old 06-22-2024, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

I will be most likely swapping out Uconn. I really hope for Team Builder we can pick our rivals though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2024, 12:58 PM   #6
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

Not sure how many we get or don’t get, but this is where I’m at right now. I just want to remove schools I have 0 connection to, no traditions I’m aware of etc, mid uniforms in meh conferences.

My plan is to make the MW a 5th power conference and add the best of the rest to one conference, get a Midwest conference with some of these added schools, etc. all my power 4 conferences will stay the same but gonna mess with the G5 schools.

Remove
UAB
Charlotte
FAU
Temple

Louisana Tech
Middle Tennessee State
NM St.
UTEP
Western Kentucky

Ball State
Bowling green
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent state
Miami Ohio
Ohio
Toledo

Arkansas State
Georgia State
Georgia Southern
Louisana
Louisana Monroe
Old Dominion
Southern Miss
Texas State
Troy

Add
1. Wichita State
2. South Dakota State
3. NDSU
4. Montana State
5. Montana
6. Delaware
7. North Dakota
8. South Dakota
9. UCA
10. Harding
11. Pitt State
12. Ferris State
13. UCM
14. Southeastern OSU
15. Emporia state
16. Fort Hayes
17. Truman state
18. UNI
19. Eastern Washington (if red turf)
20. Drake
21. William Jewell
22. Grand Canyon
23. Jackson state
24. Mount Union
25. Missouri State
26. UW-Whitewater
27. William Jewell
Old 06-22-2024, 02:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Ball
I will be most likely swapping out Uconn. I really hope for Team Builder we can pick our rivals though.
I doubt we can pick rivals since we didn't get to in NCAA 14, but I hope we can. If you pick a rival then how could you pick another Team Builder team as your rival? Somehow the programming would need to put a cookie or something on the other team so they'd recognize each other when you import them.

Or perhaps you pick a real team's slot to rival with. For example, if you create Youngstown State, then you can pick Akron's slot as your rival. (They are rivals in real life, and YSU is FCS and Akron's in the MAC.) If Akron never gets replaced by another Team Builder, then Akron is your rival. If you replace Akron with Northern Iowa, then Northern Iowa becomes the rival. The only question will be what happens to the rivals of the team Youngstown State replaces. If you replace Ohio State with Youngstown State, will YSU also rival with Michigan or does the rivalry just drop off?

I think the best solution would be to allow us to pick rivals for all teams at the start of Dynasty, just as we pick conferences and schedules. Some rivalries endure, but some have dropped off and some emerge as two programs ascend at the same time. Each team should get up to 5 slots or something that we can adjust at the start of each season. That would be epic.
Old 06-22-2024, 03:41 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Initially, I want to take out UMass. But considering that we might take over their schedule, that has me hesitant about choosing them. I want to start my TB team in the SunBelt, but I don't want to necessarily replace a current SunBelt team. My hope is that either when I shift my team from the Independent to SunBelt that I automatically get a SunBelt schedule or I might have to sub a SunBelt team. I wouldn't mind starting as a Independent, I just rather start from a lower tier conference and work my way up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »