Home

Not the Expert speaks

This is a discussion on Not the Expert speaks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-08-2024, 06:37 PM   #1
Pro

Becanes's Arena

OVR: 3
Not the Expert speaks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2024, 08:45 PM   #2
Pro

Dagan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Not the Expert speaks

He begins talking about player editing at just after the 19:00 minute mark.
Old 06-08-2024, 09:00 PM   #3
MVP

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

For those that don't want to watch the 33 minutes, the major points I could take from the video were:
- Reiterates positive initial impressions of the gameplay
- Pointed out a bug in the gameplay trailer I didn't personally notice, which was a Tennessee edge rusher's pants changing colors in the clip of Jalen Milroe throwing the moonball lob pass (could be fixed by release)
- In gameplay he felt he could effectively use the left stick to "soft juke", similar to changing directions quickly in NCAA 14
- Reiterates that Road to Glory is not a cutscene-based story mode, more "gameplay-focused with light RPG elements"
- Says RTG draws inspiration and elements from NCAA 06, 11, and 14
- Expresses disappointment at the player editing options (no new info given to my knowledge), says he will be advocating for improvements to that to the devs
- I think this has been reported on before, but he mentions EA used machine learning to generate faces for all the opted-in players, and that the game will take data from these faces to create new faces for generated recruits. Points to more varied faces
- Reiterates dynasty recruiting feeling closer to pre-NCAA 14
- Clarifies Wear and Tear as influencing attribute degradation more than causing injuries, most injuries under Wear and Tear happen only if you are reckless with your players. Freak/RNG injuries should occur at similar levels to Madden, according to devs.
- Says he "thinks" you can turn Wear and Tear off
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Old 06-08-2024, 09:57 PM   #4
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgfan1
For those that don't want to watch the 33 minutes, the major points I could take from the video were:
- Reiterates positive initial impressions of the gameplay
- Pointed out a bug in the gameplay trailer I didn't personally notice, which was a Tennessee edge rusher's pants changing colors in the clip of Jalen Milroe throwing the moonball lob pass (could be fixed by release)
- In gameplay he felt he could effectively use the left stick to "soft juke", similar to changing directions quickly in NCAA 14
- Reiterates that Road to Glory is not a cutscene-based story mode, more "gameplay-focused with light RPG elements"
- Says RTG draws inspiration and elements from NCAA 06, 11, and 14
- Expresses disappointment at the player editing options (no new info given to my knowledge), says he will be advocating for improvements to that to the devs
- I think this has been reported on before, but he mentions EA used machine learning to generate faces for all the opted-in players, and that the game will take data from these faces to create new faces for generated recruits. Points to more varied faces
- Reiterates dynasty recruiting feeling closer to pre-NCAA 14
- Clarifies Wear and Tear as influencing attribute degradation more than causing injuries, most injuries under Wear and Tear happen only if you are reckless with your players. Freak/RNG injuries should occur at similar levels to Madden, according to devs.
- Says he "thinks" you can turn Wear and Tear off
Very much hoping his disappointment regarding editing is referring to ratings of NIL players only and not the recruits. If it does apply to recruits, I'm glad he's reaching out and giving input.

Wear and Tear being optional is good news for me.

Recruiting thing isn't a positive or negative to me. I know some feel strongly and enjoyed the more casual approach of 14, others enjoyed the more detailed pre-14 approach. I enjoyed both, I just enjoyed pursuing a recruit and trying to beat out other schools.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

Dawgfan1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
Very much hoping his disappointment regarding editing is referring to ratings of NIL players only and not the recruits. If it does apply to recruits, I'm glad he's reaching out and giving input.

Wear and Tear being optional is good news for me.

Recruiting thing isn't a positive or negative to me. I know some feel strongly and enjoyed the more casual approach of 14, others enjoyed the more detailed pre-14 approach. I enjoyed both, I just enjoyed pursuing a recruit and trying to beat out other schools.
His disappointment with editing was more in regards to NIL players (can't edit attributes, can edit equipment) and not being able to create a prospect. He also said he was worried that this pointed to not being able to create a player outside of RTG, but it sounded like he had no info either way on that so I wouldn't take it as concrete.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Soccer: Southampton and Atlanta United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2024, 10:30 PM   #6
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
His disappointment with editing was more in regards to NIL players (can't edit attributes, can edit equipment) and not being able to create a prospect. He also said he was worried that this pointed to not being able to create a player outside of RTG, but it sounded like he had no info either way on that so I wouldn't take it as concrete.
Gotcha. I appreciate the clarification, haven't been able to watch that segment yet.
Old 06-09-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
These 55 rated nil players are gonna be pissed they can't edit themselves lol
Old 06-09-2024, 04:16 PM   #8
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by operationsport
These 55 rated nil players are gonna be pissed they can't edit themselves lol
Oh god. This gave me the sudden realization next year everyone will be rated 99 lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »