Home

What schemes do you plan to run?

This is a discussion on What schemes do you plan to run? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-06-2024, 05:29 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
What schemes do you plan to run?

Now that we're inching closer to release day, and, now that we have some details on what schemes will be in the game along with the changes to how each side of the ball will operate with things like Wear and Tear being added, Disguised Coverages, a Real Time Coaching engine, and so much more, I thought it would be a good time to have some fun talking about what we plan to do in our dynasties.

I am sure that many of you plan to run multiple dynasties and try out multiple schemes in them, so there won't be 1 true answer on each side of the ball for many of us here. Still, I think it would be interesting to see what other users have planned.

Personally, I still can't decide. I've typically always been a 4-3 guy on the defensive side of the ball, but with disguised coverages being a thing now, I am actually really liking the prospect of going with a 3-4 disguised scheme that focuses on bringing pressure from every angle possible and confusing opposing offenses. I ran this in Madden 24, but the 3-4 depth chart bug really hurt the overall experience. Hopefully that's not in CFB25.

If I don't go with a 3-4 disguised scheme, then I'll likely just go with a prototypical 4-3 quarters scheme.

On the offensive side of the ball, this is where I really have no idea on what I want to do still. I'm going back and forth between running a power spread with a running QB that has size and can handle the Wear and Tear system. I also love the idea of running the Go-Go since it is so unique.

Then, there's the Briles Wide Splits offense that's never been represented well in the older NCAA games, so I love the idea of loading up on speed, a strong armed QB, and letting the defensive alignment dictate what I do with the ball, hopefully racking up 500+ yards a game like they did when hitting their stride.

If the custom playbook feature works well and isn't a copy and paste of the crap in Madden, then I've thought about creating a playbook that's heavily 12 personnel looks and trying to load up on some beastly TE's that can exploit mismatches in the defense.

Ideally, the system would have a running QB, a 1-2 punch at RB with 1 power and 1 speed back, then taller/physical WR's on the edge. The TE's would hopefully be great in the run and pass game as the offense would be built around their abilities and mismatches they create.

It seems 12 personnel has become more of a thing of the past, so running that style of offense could be fun as many defenses may not be equipped to handle it if you can stock up on the TE talent.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 05:34 PM   #2
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: What schemes do you plan to run?

I want to recruit big hitters
And the plan each game is to try to take out every 5-Star forQB🩼

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2024, 05:35 PM   #3
Pro

Jeffruel's Arena

OVR: 0

I plan on running a dynasty with 5-6 teams and it looking something like this.

South Dakota State, unsure of the playbook, but the plan is to bring them up first to the mountain west, then the Big 10. I‘kk probably research their offense and get to it close to theirs.

K-State (K-State Playbook).

Worst team as OC and work way up (my PB). Might be a teambuilder. I’ll mix in the GoGo, bunch trips, plenty of H back, and some coastal Carolina pistol. I ran the gogo on 14 after I modded it in, and man, it’s so fun.

Hawaii HC (Air Raid).

Navy HC (Flexbone with recruiting restrictions)

Might change Navy to Harding teambuilder since the offense is the same, but I like the thought of the recruiting restrictions as an academy.

Finally, looking for 1 final school, preferably lower level. But I want to bring back a FB and the I Formation. Thought about Wisconsin but they’re too good.
Old 06-06-2024, 05:56 PM   #4
Pro

My online schemes are always based around doing the opposite of what the opponent thinks I'll do. On defense I'll blitz a safety from 30 yards deep and replace his zone with a user d-line player. On offense I'll come out in I Formation and pass, or come out in 5 wide and have everyone run drags. Dumb stuff that shouldn't work and usually doesn't work.

The biggest difference this year is having a full route tree for hot routes. I'm going to be spending a whole day creating a playback based on hot route combinations. Imagine running 5 posts that cross 15 yards downfield. Going to be a poopshow and I'll love every second
Old 06-06-2024, 06:38 PM   #5
Banned

young22's Arena

Back to my NCAA 14 scheme. 11 personnel as the base, mostly out of the gun, with some pistol and a few under center looks. Vertical passing, power running, lot of play action and read option. Need a strong-armed dual threat, a good power-speed combo of backs (now with wear and tear that depth is gonna have to crazy), a tight end who can block and hopefully catch too, two big, fast outside receivers and a slot guy. I run a lot of spread and like a pure deep threat as my #4.

Defensively I always ran whatever my DC ran as a house rule to up the challenge. It was nearly always 4-3, but of course I was in nickel or dime more often than not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2024, 06:38 PM   #6
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10

Read option and RPO's. Like a 2006 WVU offense with less bubble screens.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2024, 06:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I plan on making custom playbooks.

Defensively, I plan on running a 4-2-5 defense. Heavy emphasis on Zone coverage, mainly running Cover 3 and Cover 4. In dime looks, I plan on running 3-2-6. A lot of coverage disguising. My defense will be built around playing with a lead. I will sacrifice run defense for more speed on the defense. I will want size and speed. Not a lot of blitzing, relying mainly on front 4. I might send the Rover on blitzes occasionally. I want my outside CBs to be 6'1+, Zone Coverage, enough speed to not be a liability on go routes. I want my LBs to be sideline to sideline Coverage LBs with speed and size. I want my safeties to be similar to the Legion of Boom safeties. The Rover position is going to be most versatile and situational dependent. Ideally, I want the Rover to be a versatile do it all defender who can cover in space, stop the run, and blitz. That would really unlock my defense and allow me to disguise if I can have a Swiss army knife at Rover. Until I get the type of player, the Rover will be matchup dependent. I will have specific 4-2-5 formations for situations. In obvious Running situations, the Rover will be a OLB and I will shift over my LBs, essentially making it a 4-3. In obvious passing situations, the Rover will be a Slot CB. Ideally, my defense is a swarming rangy defense that can force turnovers and get pressure off of front four.

Offensively, I'm not sure yet. I do like the wide split formations, I do want to run some Pistol. I do want to have a lot of motioning. I want to be 60/40 Run with a RB by committee approach. I don't necessarily need a running threat at QB. I'll have to look around and see what schemes I like to have. But, I want to have an identity and recruit from that. If I can recruit an ATH that's a Deebo Samuel type, that would be the guy I would use a lot for motioning. I want to win the time of Possession, limit turnovers, limit my defense's time on the field.
Old 06-07-2024, 12:39 AM   #8
Rookie

GoCougs236's Arena

It is a total homer move, but my head cannon is that Ken Norton Jr. takes over and runs a 3-4 Cover 3 defense and a power run ball control offense. I haven't landed on a final team yet for our connected dynasty, so I'll need to find what playbook combo is going to match up best with that and recruit to fit the scheme over time.

For my WSU solo dynasty, I am running it as close to real life as I can and will be doing my best virtual Jake Dickert impression.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »