Home

Best playcall screen ever right ?

This is a discussion on Best playcall screen ever right ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-01-2024, 04:37 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Best playcall screen ever right ?

I feel like this went unnoticed so I thought it was worthy of its own thread. I almost wonder if that’s on purpose to talk more detailed about It In a presentation blog. If you think about you might spend more time here then anywhere in the whole game

This has to be best play calling screen ever right ?

picking plays - bottom
If you played madden this will look familiar, but don’t worry this is a good thing and miles better then 14. If you haven’t I’ll describe what may be new to you. You have a lot of ways to sort your play not just formation you have concept, player, play type. Then a lot of this will have sub categories like run will have outside, Toss etc. My fav one is the favorite tab which you add by double clicking twice. So when it’s that key 3rd down you will want to go to this one. You also have a way to set coach adjustments and get to super sim. You have see some stats on the plays

Key players - bottom right
I’ve not as much talk about this one, but looks like it’s just showing the key players on the other side of the ball with names, ratings and #. A small thing, but will help in dynasty know the other teams stars without hitting pause

Atmosphere - top left
I saw people complaining that well you will skip the entrances after A month so all that time we’ll be wasted. Well they found a way to include them during the game as this will always show crowd and atmosphere type of things. You will see fan reactions, mascots and I’m guessing the turnover celebrations. I’ve heard fans doing negative body language after a bad play.

stats - top right
This one should be everyone’s favorite and shows stuff from team stats, player stats, abilities, wear and tear and things of that nature. I even heard it will show stuff going on not in your game so maybe that comes out more in the dynasty talk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.jpg (247.2 KB, 693 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0367.jpg (267.5 KB, 525 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2024, 04:42 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Best playcall screen ever right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I feel like this went unnoticed so I thought it was worthy of its own thread. I almost wonder if that’s on purpose to talk more detailed about It In a presentation blog. If you think about you might spend more time here then anywhere in the whole game

This has to be best play calling screen ever right ?

picking plays - bottom
If you played madden this will look familiar, but don’t worry this is a good thing and miles better then 14. If you haven’t I’ll describe what may be new to you. You have a lot of ways to sort your play not just formation you have concept, player, play type. Then a lot of this will have sub categories like run will have outside, Toss etc. My fav one is the favorite tab which you add by double clicking twice. So when it’s that key 3rd down you will want to go to this one. You also have a way to set coach adjustments and get to super sim. You have see some stats on the plays

Key players - bottom right
I’ve not as much talk about this one, but looks like it’s just showing the key players on the other side of the ball with names, ratings and #. A small thing, but will help in dynasty know the other teams stars without hitting pause

Atmosphere - top left
I saw people complaining that well you will skip the entrances after A month so all that time we’ll be wasted. Well they found a way to include them during the game as this will always show crowd and atmosphere type of things. You will see fan reactions, mascots and I’m guessing the turnover celebrations. I’ve heard fans doing negative body language after a bad play.

stats - top right
This one should be everyone’s favorite and shows stuff from team stats, player stats, abilities, wear and tear and things of that nature. I even heard it will show stuff going on not in your game so maybe that comes out more in the dynasty talk.
Yes...I love that. Ive been using accelerated clock at 12 seconds in Madden. I may have to raise that to about 20 to keep from getting delay of game penalties from being nosey looking at the screen lol.
Old 06-01-2024, 04:47 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Objectively, yes! Of course I have nostalgia for PS2 NCAA pkaycall screens, but this is the most useful one yet.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:01 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea I'm loving it and surprised it went under the radar. It's not only useful its fun with the crowd stuff thown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
Objectively, yes! Of course I have nostalgia for PS2 NCAA pkaycall screens, but this is the most useful one yet.
Old 06-03-2024, 11:40 AM   #5
Pro

El_Tercero's Arena

I love the atmosphere picture in picture at the top left. This is something that would usually go in the background behind the play selection screen that would take up a good amount of the screen and would be hard to actually see. With the atmosphere being at the top left it will give us that feeling that we will always be in the stadium being able to experience the atmosphere at all times. Great feature in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2024, 01:29 PM   #6
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

On the surface everything about the playcall screen looks wonderful but I'm still going to have to get my hands on it for my final impression.
Old 06-03-2024, 02:06 PM   #7
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

We've seen this style of play call screen at least twice before, albeit I don't think either past version is as clean as what EASCFB25 offers (and obviously the EASCFB25 play call screen offers more functionality than either of these):

Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 06-03-2024, 02:14 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Despite putting in so many hours into the 2k series and being a 2k "fanboy", I didn't even put 2 and 2 together that the new play call screen was so similar to what they did in 2k5. It felt familiar, but I couldn't put a finger on it.

Initially, when I heard some content creators say the presentation was trying to mimic TV completely I got skeptical because I usually don't like when EA tries to do their own thing. It always ends up corny and a worse quality. However, I actually like the potential of this screen and if done right, I think it will be a way to make the game feel more engaging and immersive while allowing you to have all the time and info you need to get through the playbook.

Honestly, everything they've released so far with this game looks like they looked at what the favorite features of the PS2 NCAA's, NFL 2k, and NBA 2k, and tweaked them to fit a football game. Watching the trailer, it just feels like a modern day baby of NFL 2k and NCAA 06 and this play call screen is one of the reasons as to why.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »