Home

Real Time Coaching

This is a discussion on Real Time Coaching within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-31-2024, 12:13 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Real Time Coaching

I really want us to talk about this and it not get lost in translation. I'm gonna assume that this is the equivalent to the ACE engine in 2k? Could be wrong on that. But, if what was revealed in that blog works as intended, and the AI does use every tool at its disposal, and adapts, matching your personnel, loading the box, putting their best corner on your best wide receiver and saying "let's get it"...man we're talking some serious stuff here...and they disguise coverages...what? Y'all talk to me. I need to hear from CM on this lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2024, 12:16 PM   #2
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Real Time Coaching

I wonder if they're using any sort of AI program or assistance in this feature...would be interesting.
Old 05-31-2024, 12:20 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
I wonder if they're using any sort of AI program or assistance in this feature...would be interesting.
That thought did cross my mind.
Old 05-31-2024, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
It’s all AI. It’s always been AI.
Old 05-31-2024, 12:55 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This was arguably the biggest item in the blog for me. This or the Wear and Tear system. I've been more than loud on the Madden forums with how inept the AI has been for years. I have been begging for an engine like what NBA 2k has had. We're finally getting it it looks like. If this works as intended and playing the CPU now feels like a real chess match, then this will quite literally change football video games forever.

I really want to hear more about this and see it working in action. On paper, it sounds amazing, but there is always the chance it doesn't work as intended, doesn't impact the game enough, etc.

If it does work properly, though, and the CPU will load the box when I am running frequently, and they are smart enough to double my star WR, or they are smart enough to feed their stud RB, they're smart enough to analyze matchups and change their play calling on that, etc., then you all won't see me on these boards very much after release

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2024, 03:29 PM   #6
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
It's probably not "AI" in the capacity which the concept has been trending online lately (which has been more focused on training neural networks for modeling language or content generation). Those processes are super resource-intensive. It's unlikely that EA Sports would attempt to run a video game at 60 FPS and run an adaptive neural network at the same time.

I imagine it's something easier to implement and understand, and also more reactive, where the game tracks how much you're calling some play or doing some behavior and then the CPU will call adjustments when some threshold is reached or exceeded.

Recall that in Madden 24, if you call the same run play out of the same formation many times, the CPU will eventually key in on that and cheat against that specific run play. I see this system as an expansion of what Madden 24 offers, so that the CPU will react to not only run play calls from individual formations but also specific pass play calls and specific on-field user behaviors.

Last edited by Hooe; 05-31-2024 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2024, 04:17 PM   #7
Pro

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah I wonder how this will play out on the field. The NHL series has sliders for how well the CPU AI adjusts to what you're doing, but it never seemed that effective to me, even on the highest difficulty.
Old 05-31-2024, 04:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I can't wait for the 4vert test to come on this one to see what happens or a bunch of up the middle runs in a row

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »