Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Releases July 19 - Full Reveal Tomorrow

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Releases July 19 - Full Reveal Tomorrow within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-16-2024, 01:23 PM   #49
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Releases July 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
You keep alluding to this, but what would they possibly include as "weekly content updates" for franchise/dynasty?
ANYTHING. Hell weve been screaming for it for over 5 years now. New coach traits, new Coaches, new plays.....Just do something

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

NFL --- JAX JAGUARS (DUUUUVAAAL)
MLB --- BOSTON RED SOX
NBA --- LAKERS4LIFE
NCAAF --- GATOR NATION (UF)
NCAAB --- DUKE BLUE DEVILS
MLS --- DC UNITED
BARCLAYS PL --- CHELSEA

MUSIC/ARTIST ALIAS --- SHIESTY SLIM
"CRAY CRAY" available on ITUNES, GOOGLE PLAY, AMAZON
Old 05-16-2024, 01:24 PM   #50
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Releases July 19

The "reveal" today went mostly how I expected. I always thought that there was no way that EA just says "Cover Release Countdown" and then also shows off a bunch of additional news for the game. I am surprised, pleasantly so, that the real reveal is going to be tomorrow instead of a week from now or at the very end of the month. I was also shocked at how 'good' of a deal the MVP edition is. It is still a ripoff for me as I have no intention of ever touching UT modes, but I would have expected a dual deluxe edition purchase to be more like $180. So, if you intend to play UT on even just one of the games then it's actually better to get the MVP (assuming you still plan on getting the standard of the other).

Definitely just doing the standard edition. I've waited 11 years for a new game, I can wait a few more days. Unless you plan on playing UT then that extra $30 loses all value once July 19th hits, and if there are any technical/server issues during the "early" release then it's even more lost value.

As a side note. I have always found it funny/interesting how these premium "early access" releases are really just the actual release day that we got 10 and 20 years ago. Games had historically been released on Tuesdays. At some point though the practice became "pay extra to get it on Tuesday or get it a few days later at normal price".
Old 05-16-2024, 01:31 PM   #51
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Releases July 19 - Full Reveal Tomorrow

My only surprise was the big news coming on a Friday as I would have spaced them out on a Tuesday and Thursday. It makes sense to break up the $ side of things to the full details. This does break up the news and it isn't just the one monster day of info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 01:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

I get the alarm over all the UT focus on this announcement - but honestly what other kinds of digital bonuses could you possible give?
Old 05-16-2024, 01:49 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
My only surprise was the big news coming on a Friday as I would have spaced them out on a Tuesday and Thursday. It makes sense to break up the $ side of things to the full details. This does break up the news and it isn't just the one monster day of info.
It did start to feel like it was only going only going to be a cover reveal and release date day. But, I agree it would've been A LOT to have that and the Full reveal in the same day. But, I was pleasantly surprised that it was going to be tomorrow and not next Tuesday or Thursday. We don't typically see big news drops on a Friday. Even Madden is doing their's on a Tuesday(June 11).

For me, I just want them to outline what's in the game and a deep dive reveal schedule and I'm good. I just want to see that it's an in-depth Dynasty mode and Teambuilder and I'm happy lol
Old 05-16-2024, 01:53 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker86
I get the alarm over all the UT focus on this announcement - but honestly what other kinds of digital bonuses could you possible give?
Yeah, that's why I never complained about it and knew that would be the case. Besides physical collectibles or specialized hardcases, UT is the only realistic bonuses you do for these Deluxe editions. It's like we're getting a replica Heisman or jersey for it lol
Old 05-16-2024, 02:03 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
I expected to see a bunch of historical and alternate uniforms tied to it. So, I'm happy that it is not currently the case (doesn't mean we won't get an additional announcement tomorrow or closer to release). That was the one thing that I always saw as an easy carrot for them to roll out to try and get more money. So, the lack of that being mentioned leaves me hoping that the base game has a bunch of historical and alternate uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2024, 02:11 PM   #56
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
For me, I'm still curious if there will be any added uniforms, at a cost, as the season goes on. I thought that might be a way to add content and make some more $, as they'd done in previous NCAA games. If that was going to happen, I would have liked to see the Deluxe edition come with a "Season Pass" of sorts to cover all of these. Other than that, I agree, UT focus was always the assumption for early perks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »