Home

Latest Matt Brown Interview May 6, 2024

This is a discussion on Latest Matt Brown Interview May 6, 2024 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-08-2024, 08:42 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Latest Matt Brown Interview May 6, 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Another New Matt Brown (the 8th) interview with tubbylight looks this one is 51 min long. I’ve enjoyed his videos more then the other one so hoping it’s good

https://youtube.com/watch?v=entItoxn...R_dMpU67PUlTZx
Not too much different information from Trasher's

But, I did pick up a few new things. Matt said that they programed in teams schedules into the 2030s in dynasty. That EA had the Sports Illustrated license before SI went under. That EA was thinking about modernizing the magazine feature. But, he doesn't believe a social feed(like Twitter) will be in the game. No face scans. No demo/beta
Old 05-09-2024, 07:31 AM   #10
Rookie

zbundy3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Not too much different information from Trasher's

But, I did pick up a few new things. Matt said that they programed in teams schedules into the 2030s in dynasty. That EA had the Sports Illustrated license before SI went under. That EA was thinking about modernizing the magazine feature. But, he doesn't believe a social feed(like Twitter) will be in the game. No face scans. No demo/beta
I was working when i was listening to it yesterday did Matt also say that certain teams will have built in atmosphere for games that happen at a certain time of day so if Penn State is playing a home night game that it will look like the White out?
Old 05-09-2024, 09:09 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbundy3
I was working when i was listening to it yesterday did Matt also say that certain teams will have built in atmosphere for games that happen at a certain time of day so if Penn State is playing a home night game that it will look like the White out?
Yes, I heard that. That's the type of game day atmosphere I want to see. I don't want to see what Madden has done with M-Factors or stuff like that. I'd rather them go with school traditions. I also remember him saying it should be different experience playing a LSU night game and a day game.

It was a question on one of these podcasts. But one of these podcasts asked about dynamic crowd attendance in a matter of words. Matt Brown answered the question in a way that sounds like he doesn't know, but thinks it should be. That's what I want to know. We haven't seen dynamic crowds in Madden because that's not something NFL wants to portray. But with EA not dealing with NCAA, hopefully they are able to have dynamic attendance. I know schools will still not want certain things in that paint them in a negative light. But, I'm not sure if having dynamic crowds would be something they wouldn't want in. If I'm starting a 1 star dynasty, I don't want full stadiums. I would want to see the progression
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 09:58 AM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yes, I heard that. That's the type of game day atmosphere I want to see. I don't want to see what Madden has done with M-Factors or stuff like that. I'd rather them go with school traditions. I also remember him saying it should be different experience playing a LSU night game and a day game.

It was a question on one of these podcasts. But one of these podcasts asked about dynamic crowd attendance in a matter of words. Matt Brown answered the question in a way that sounds like he doesn't know, but thinks it should be. That's what I want to know. We haven't seen dynamic crowds in Madden because that's not something NFL wants to portray. But with EA not dealing with NCAA, hopefully they are able to have dynamic attendance. I know schools will still not want certain things in that paint them in a negative light. But, I'm not sure if having dynamic crowds would be something they wouldn't want in. If I'm starting a 1 star dynasty, I don't want full stadiums. I would want to see the progression

The blessing in disguise with this game being away for 11 years, is that it has given EA time to nail stuff such as the things you said. They haven't been chained to the yearly release that leaves little to no time to really add new things that come with bugs as well as build on faulty code.

They really have an opportunity to knock it out of the park, set a good foundation to build on, and give us the game we've all been waiting for since 2013. I'm impressed so far with all that they appear to have done in this first installment. I'm just ready to see it in action.
Old 05-09-2024, 10:32 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
The blessing in disguise with this game being away for 11 years, is that it has given EA time to nail stuff such as the things you said. They haven't been chained to the yearly release that leaves little to no time to really add new things that come with bugs as well as build on faulty code.

They really have an opportunity to knock it out of the park, set a good foundation to build on, and give us the game we've all been waiting for since 2013. I'm impressed so far with all that they appear to have done in this first installment. I'm just ready to see it in action.
That's what has me confident about this game. As I said many times, I just can't get into Madden. I've tried but I just can't. So of course, there would be some doubts about CFB. But, I've always preferred NCAA over Madden. For me, CFB is a high floor-high ceiling type of game. As long as gameplay is solid, recruiting is solid, and the atmosphere is there, I can get enjoyment out of it. My biggest issue with Madden is direction/approach and atmosphere. I just feel like Madden is building upon foundation that needs to be redone at its core.

I didn't even mind when this game got delayed last year. I'd rather them take their time with it to get the foundation set than to rush out a faulty product. If this was a Madden reskin, it would've released last year. I agree that having that solid foundation to build on is vital. Once you get on that yearly cycle, it's hard to add stuff when you're also allocating resources to maintaining the previous release. We would've gotten a generic roster game, have as much commentary, most of the stadiums may have just been done, the transfer rules were different, etc if they would've released last year. At least now, this should be a series that starts off on the right foot

As Matt Brown said a few times on different podcasts, whether this game is good or bad, it'll be on its on merit. It really feels like EA put a lot of emphasis on this game and hoping that it starts off hot. I almost wonder how Madden will be. I'm assuming that if EA CFB 25 is current gen only, that Madden would follow suit. I wonder if Madden will take that next gen leap. Outside of Charles Davis bringing up multiple announce teams, it's been whisper quiet on the Madden front. We haven't really seen the almost annual Gamestop cover leak. I haven't seen too many wishlists or even rumors on the game. Usually most years, we have an ideal of cover athletes for Madden, I really haven't seen any speculation on the cover athlete at all for Madden and there reveal is usually early June. It just feels like EA CFB 25 has all the buzz that Madden usually has by now
Old 05-09-2024, 10:50 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I get the community is starving for any information they can get, I don't get when guys like him or the announcers are constantly asked about gameplay and more questions, especially before the full reveal. I just feel like there are more appropriate questions for those guys to be asked
Yea that TubbyLight Interview kind of pissed me off. We've gotten as much info from him as we will get yet they are still asking newer questions. At this point we just have to let it ride out.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:03 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by offensive_junkie
Yea that TubbyLight Interview kind of pissed me off. We've gotten as much info from him as we will get yet they are still asking newer questions. At this point we just have to let it ride out.
There were some tidbits here and there, but both interviews felt the same. I get the idea of "let's see if we can get him to slip up " , but with Matt Brown's professional, he's not going to slip up. You're not interviewing a leaker.

I can get interviewing him after the full reveal. There's obviously a lot of info he said he can't reveal until after the review date and that he said he will get a chance to play the game before the end of the month. Save the interviews until that time, because all we're getting is recycled questions and answers. We're likely a week away at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2024, 11:36 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Matt Brown has done a great job but until the embargo is lifted, these interviews kinda just blend into themselves at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »