Home

New (And Exciting) Questions About EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on New (And Exciting) Questions About EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-22-2024, 09:36 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New (And Exciting) Questions About EA Sports College Football 25

Licensed coaches isn't a need, but I'd still pay additional money to get them into my game. Are you reading this, EA? What is necessary is having at least generic coaches and some sort of mechanic reflecting a carousel so that there is proper movement among the coaching ranks. If that doesn't exist in year 1, that will be a major disappointment.

Hopefully there is a carousel or an equivalent feature and it also has a bit better logic in it than what was in NCAA 14, and it allows the user to make their own coaching hires this time around.

We definitely need coordinators at minimum. I'd love for position coaches, but do not expect that from EA. Not this year or any in the near future.

― Plato
Old 02-22-2024, 09:38 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Fan
Yeah, I'm thinking Gameday and two different broadcast teams as well. Big year for both EACFB and Madden if they pull this off in both.
We did see NBA 2k that one year have all those guest broadcasters. But, it'll definitely be nice to see these sports games start to push the limits of what these consoles can do.

I do think Madden might follow CFB as far as going current gen only. For CFB, the stadiums a lone will take up a lot of game space and memory. Adding in all the audio and other stuff, definitely has me thinking that it will only be for current gen. I don't see Madden staying on last gen if CFB doesn't. Especially since the last gen versions didn't see much of an upgrade. I do think this is the year that we see these sports games go current gen only and take that leap, well besides MLB the Show
Old 02-22-2024, 09:43 PM   #11
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Becotte
This would be a first for an EA game if it comes to pass. EA has not confirmed the actual roster sizes in the game, but if they’re committing to representing 85 players, then why wouldn’t we have 85 on the roster? In NCAA Football 14, the cap was 70 players so you’d end up making cuts and so forth (roster makers would as well) and it hurt the realism for the real hardcore folks out there. Of the questions I’m posing, this one feels closest to having a very real answer in the positive.
Personally, I interpreted Matt Brown's tweet to mean that each school will have 85 players on the roster, but a given team's roster instead might be some combination of scholarship players, walk-ons, and generic unlicensed players.

Obviously we'll find out more for sure later, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 09:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Licensed coaches isn't a need, but I'd still pay additional money to get them into my game. Are you reading this, EA? What is necessary is having at least generic coaches and some sort of mechanic reflecting a carousel so that there is proper movement among the coaching ranks. If that doesn't exist in year 1, that will be a major disappointment.

Hopefully there is a carousel or an equivalent feature and it also has a bit better logic in it than what was in NCAA 14, and it allows the user to make their own coaching hires this time around.

We definitely need coordinators at minimum. I'd love for position coaches, but do not expect that from EA. Not this year or any in the near future.
I do hope that the emphasis wasn't too reinvent the wheel or go away from what was received well. It was 11 years ago, but the core parts of the game should have been left in and reworked on and expanded. Stuff like Mascot Mode, Coach Carousel, TeamBuilder, hopefully returns.

Coaching Carousel needs to be in. I don't expect 100% like it is IRL. I don't expect to see Chip Kelly situations where we see coaches willing drop down to coordinators. But I would like to see good mechanics. They could add the Player Tags and Motivations that are in Madden as apart of Coach Carousel and Transfer Portal. Teams should have Expectations that have to be met in order to extend or fire a coach. But, it would be nice to see coaches have Motivations to decide if they would be tempted to leave for other options. Hiring coordinators would be a must this time around.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:53 PM   #13
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

I would love for Teambuikder to return. But I get the feeling that with the restriction they are putting in to not be able to create NIL opt-outs that it's something that might be more of a liability for them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 02-22-2024, 09:53 PM   #14
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I would project the Coaching carousel to be and work just like it did in madden. The OC/DC were generic still it was cool when my first OC got a head job and took my playbook with him then we meet up on the playoffs. When I hired a new one I did lose out on the points I had built up In the upgrades

I try to keep things realistic and if just a copy and paste from madden i think that’s good enough year 1. Hopefully the ability to edit coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I'm not too much worried about the coaches being in if they do like they did prior. Give us generic coaches, let us name them and set playbooks. I just hope we get HC, OC, DC and the coaching carousel back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Me too as well. I can see them being in next year. It'll be a good recruiting tool for current players and recruits to be able to see coaches in the game

I agree. Have it where it was before with the coaching profiles and let us edit the profiles. Hopefully they expand it to have more tendencies and preferences. I do think OC and DCs will be in since Madden has implemented that. I really hope that they allow us to start as a coordinator in Dynasty again. That gave the mode so much more depth to have to work your way up from coordinator to HC
Old 02-22-2024, 10:08 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
I would love for Teambuikder to return. But I get the feeling that with the restriction they are putting in to not be able to create NIL opt-outs that it's something that might be more of a liability for them.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Operation Sports mobile app
I would be more than okay with having randomized names for Teambuilder teams, if that meant Teambuilder is in. I think Teambuilder should be safe. I think it just depends on how they prevent users from adding the opt-outs. I'd be okay with them locking the ability to edit all players Vitals/bio

But if Roster Share isn't in, then I don't Teambuilder would be in either. It just feels like there easy workarounds to add opt-out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2024, 11:33 PM   #16
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Personally, I interpreted Matt Brown's tweet to mean that each school will have 85 players on the roster, but a given team's roster instead might be some combination of scholarship players, walk-ons, and generic unlicensed players.

Obviously we'll find out more for sure later, though.
I think that's fair, I just think it's big that we'll have 85 in general.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »