Home

Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25

This is a discussion on Over 10,000 Athletes Have Opted-in to EA Sports College Football 25 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2024, 09:18 AM   #81
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
In this dooms day scenario, we'll just have teams with a lot of generic players. I don't think the concerns you raise will be an issue at all for 25. But, once the sales figures come out for this first installment, heading into the 26 game, you could see some athletes asking for more. I'm sure you'll have agents and such in their ears.

But, for this game...I doubt it. This game dropping for the first time in a decade is a big deal. Do you(the athlete) REALLYYYYY wanna be that guy who does that?
I am more disappointed that EA is limiting the amount of control that someone has in the game. They won’t let you edit NIL opted in players and you cannot edit to make someone who opted out. I just think that’s ridiculous when you consider the reason they got in trouble before was not paying and creating player models that looked like or resembled the actual player. That should no longer be an issue because they are just making people who opt in, that should not block a user from having the ability to edit a roster.

Madden lets you edit the roster, what’s the difference if they are all getting paid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 09:34 AM   #82
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Sending Player NIL Contracts Today to Opt In For College Football 25

My only concern with NIL is editing attributes. I want to edit Arch Manning into a carbon copy of Peyton Manning. I do think that we will be able to edit attributes, just like Madden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2024, 09:36 AM   #83
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
My only concern with NIL is editing attributes. I want to edit Arch Manning into a carbon copy of Peyton Manning. I do think that we will be able to edit attributes, just like Madden.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yea, I don’t go crazy adjust attributes or equipment, etc. I just think it’s a little overkill to nix editing in the game. People who purchase the game should be free to do whatever the heck they want with the roster. It’s EA who should not be creating player models that resembles someone who didn’t opt in. That should be the only limitation.
Old 02-23-2024, 09:46 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrizzleDizzle13
I am more disappointed that EA is limiting the amount of control that someone has in the game. They won’t let you edit NIL opted in players and you cannot edit to make someone who opted out. I just think that’s ridiculous when you consider the reason they got in trouble before was not paying and creating player models that looked like or resembled the actual player. That should no longer be an issue because they are just making people who opt in, that should not block a user from having the ability to edit a roster.

Madden lets you edit the roster, what’s the difference if they are all getting paid?
I am sure the legal team that EA spends millions of dollars on each year has their reasons for why they've limited things like that.

― Plato
Old 02-23-2024, 09:51 AM   #85
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I am sure the legal team that EA spends millions of dollars on each year has their reasons for why they've limited things like that.
I get that. It just seems like it was an extremely conservative move more for “optics” imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2024, 09:57 AM   #86
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Has it been confirmed that we can't at all edit the players who opt-in? From all I've read, I thought it was just the op-outs? My hope is at minimum, we can edit attributes and equipment. I will say, I'm going to try and actually play this game and not get caught up in the trappings of editing lol. That's pretty much all I did with NCAA 14. I want to actually play this go around.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:00 AM   #87
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Yea, I don’t go crazy adjust attributes or equipment, etc. I just think it’s a little overkill to nix editing in the game. People who purchase the game should be free to do whatever the heck they want with the roster. It’s EA who should not be creating player models that resembles someone who didn’t opt in. That should be the only limitation.
The game has been gone for a decade. They don't want to do all of this work only to have to shut the series down again because they didn't cover all of their bases. As someone who loves to have full customization options in games, I also understand why they have to tread lightly in some areas.
Old 02-23-2024, 10:02 AM   #88
Rookie

CrizzleDizzle13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Has it been confirmed that we can't at all edit the players who opt-in? From all I've read, I thought it was just the op-outs? My hope is at minimum, we can edit attributes and equipment. I will say, I'm going to try and actually play this game and not get caught up in the trappings of editing lol. That's pretty much all I did with NCAA 14. I want to actually play this go around.
There is a reference to it on an article on 247sports.

https://247sports.com/article/everyt...-25-227560001/

The writer does claim that people who opt in cannot be edited either but they don’t expand upon it much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »