Home

College Football’s 2025 NFL Prospects

This is a discussion on College Football’s 2025 NFL Prospects within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-17-2024, 09:45 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: College Football’s 2025 NFL Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
70-93 Is too generous

The rating scale needs to spread out more 40-90

70 still represents a quality starter on most teams.

Spread the range out so you can clearly tell on the field the difference in player skill sets and that has been proven in both madden and ncaa over the years that a 70 rated player can pretty much do things 90 rated player can do in EA'S football games.

Trust me the gameplay is more organic the lower you can keep the players rated overall
Sorry, I meant from 70-90 OVR for the top players. You're right, 40-90 Is a good range. I do agree that for players to stand out more, there needs to be a bigger ratings spread.

I don't want to see Superstar XFactor abilities in this game. I don't care for how it's implemented in Madden. Plus, it's not a fit for the college game.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:13 PM   #10
Rookie

WillieB1214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
What would your overall rating scale be for your guys that are listed?
I think likely all at 90+. Like others I am hoping for much better use of the entire scale, but am not expecting it.

I would imagine many of these players will be 94/95 and up IMO.

I do think this first year we are very likely to have very few in the 98/99 range unless they just force it. Somebody like Hunter with his catching and athleticism being listed at CB makes him the most likely to be a 99. Gordon's big season also makes me lean to him perhaps getting that high end rating. I also personally believe one of the Sanders/Ewers/Beck trio gets into the 97+ range.

We lost a ton of the star power players that would have essentially be locked in 99s heading into this past season, as I would imagine that Caleb, MHJ, Bowers, and Fashanu would have been rated as such at launch. Even Turner and Alt could have easily gotten that love as well heading into the year.
Old 02-17-2024, 12:41 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieB1214
I think likely all at 90+. Like others I am hoping for much better use of the entire scale, but am not expecting it.

I would imagine many of these players will be 94/95 and up IMO.

I do think this first year we are very likely to have very few in the 98/99 range unless they just force it. Somebody like Hunter with his catching and athleticism being listed at CB makes him the most likely to be a 99. Gordon's big season also makes me lean to him perhaps getting that high end rating. I also personally believe one of the Sanders/Ewers/Beck trio gets into the 97+ range.

We lost a ton of the star power players that would have essentially be locked in 99s heading into this past season, as I would imagine that Caleb, MHJ, Bowers, and Fashanu would have been rated as such at launch. Even Turner and Alt could have easily gotten that love as well heading into the year.
I agree. On paper, 2025 seems like a weaker class at the top. There's no clear cut QB1 and whoever that is would likely be QB4 in this class. Most of these guys wouldn't rank over the top position player in this class.

I think the highest should be 90. I think the roster in general should be balanced. Just thinking, I don't think there is a clear cut favor for the CFP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2024, 10:05 PM   #12
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
My main thing is that they do a good job of balancing OVRs. I don't want to see too many 90+ OVR players in general. I didn't like seeing the blue blood schools in the past filled with 90+ OVR players.
I was the opposite, I always loaded up the top programs with good players so they would be challenging to play against. At least there's roster editing so we can both be happy in one way or another though. Unless they remove it like they did in Madden for a year lol.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:36 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
I was the opposite, I always loaded up the top programs with good players so they would be challenging to play against. At least there's roster editing so we can both be happy in one way or another though. Unless they remove it like they did in Madden for a year lol.
I definitely don't mind that. I just was mainly talking about how the rosters were after you played a few years in dynasty. After 3-4 years, the powerhouse schools were littered with 90+ OVR players.

I definitely want to feel the difference between a powerhouse and a 2-3 star school. If I'm a one star school and playing a powerhouse, the only way I want to win is if I play a perfect game and they make mistakes. First off, I don't expect realistic player ratings. 11,000(or however many they get) players is much to try to get everyone accurately rated. Outside of the top notable guys, I expect EA to just use templates when it comes rating teams.

I do wonder if Roster share will be in. I'd think the issue would be if schools don't want it in fear of litigation. EA doesn't have to worry about the NCAA. I do think roster editing should be in. In a perfect world, I want to be able to download High School classes. It felt like most games recruiting classes are just them using the same few templates. I would love to see more variance and unique player's. If not, I just want to be able to edit recruits myself before the recruiting process starts
Old 02-21-2024, 03:25 PM   #14
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I definitely don't mind that. I just was mainly talking about how the rosters were after you played a few years in dynasty. After 3-4 years, the powerhouse schools were littered with 90+ OVR players.

I definitely want to feel the difference between a powerhouse and a 2-3 star school. If I'm a one star school and playing a powerhouse, the only way I want to win is if I play a perfect game and they make mistakes. First off, I don't expect realistic player ratings. 11,000(or however many they get) players is much to try to get everyone accurately rated. Outside of the top notable guys, I expect EA to just use templates when it comes rating teams.

I do wonder if Roster share will be in. I'd think the issue would be if schools don't want it in fear of litigation. EA doesn't have to worry about the NCAA. I do think roster editing should be in. In a perfect world, I want to be able to download High School classes. It felt like most games recruiting classes are just them using the same few templates. I would love to see more variance and unique player's. If not, I just want to be able to edit recruits myself before the recruiting process starts
Yeah NCAA 14 had roster editing before and after starting a Dynasty, and I definitely want that to remain and there's no good reason it shouldn't. You could also create new recruits and add them to the class at the beginning of every season. I'm not sure what the legal issues would be regarding roster sharing but that would be nice to have as well. The more customization options in the game the better IMO. That includes conferences, uniforms, and Teambuilder stuff too.
Old 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
Yeah NCAA 14 had roster editing before and after starting a Dynasty, and I definitely want that to remain and there's no good reason it shouldn't. You could also create new recruits and add them to the class at the beginning of every season. I'm not sure what the legal issues would be regarding roster sharing but that would be nice to have as well. The more customization options in the game the better IMO. That includes conferences, uniforms, and Teambuilder stuff too.
As far as editing recruits, I wasn't talking about create a recruit. That was cool to be able to create random recruits and follow their careers. I was talking about actually editing recruits that are in the database. Ideally, I want to be able to download a created HS recruiting class. If not, I want to be able to edit recruits so there can be more balance and variance. In the past, it felt there were only a few templates they used. I can remember always seeing fast WRs with no hands or the opposite. Always the same type of ATH QB who had low 80s throwing ratings, 80 speed, and usually safety skills. I would spend hours going through most players to see more unique players.

Just lock editing recruits before the process like creating a recruit. It'll be nice to see recruiting overalls reflected like real life. Where you see guys rated high because they have ideal prototype size or guys get underrated because they don't have ideal size. And ways to add level of competition of HS reflected in rankings. So if you have a prospect with prototype size in a high level of competition, their rankings are likely to be high. But, they could be a bust. Or a undersized guy in a lower level or competition, could be underrated, but could be a gem.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »