Home

EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

This is a discussion on EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2024, 04:21 PM   #137
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports College Football 25 Full Reveal Coming in May With Teaser Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
So curious...

How many of you don't care and just want a game? Keeping in mind this is EA, what if it's a huge step-back to what we used to have in the mid/late 2000s? Will there be an uproar or a "something is better than nothing"?

I feel like the absolute worst this game could be is a Madden reskin with atmosphere and presentation. Personally, that’s an 8 or 9 for me. My two biggest gripes with Madden is atmosphere and immersion. I really like Madden’s on the field gameplay. I like it even more now after playing NCAA 14 on my PS3 recently and realizing how choppy and shuddered it plays at points.

I don’t feel like the game carries as much baggage as Madden. In most of the coverage I have seen people seem to be exited to talk and discuss the game. There is the occasional “EA sucks, bring back 2K” comment but overall I’d say it seems like people generally like what’s going on. The coverage on Twitter with Matt Brown and others is pretty chill and folks seem to just want a good game. Barring some game breaking bug or egregiously bad micro transactions, I think the game is almost certainly going to be received well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2024, 05:04 PM   #138
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I feel like the absolute worst this game could be is a Madden reskin with atmosphere and presentation. Personally, that’s an 8 or 9 for me. My two biggest gripes with Madden is atmosphere and immersion. I really like Madden’s on the field gameplay. I like it even more now after playing NCAA 14 on my PS3 recently and realizing how choppy and shuddered it plays at points.

I don’t feel like the game carries as much baggage as Madden. In most of the coverage I have seen people seem to be exited to talk and discuss the game. There is the occasional “EA sucks, bring back 2K” comment but overall I’d say it seems like people generally like what’s going on. The coverage on Twitter with Matt Brown and others is pretty chill and folks seem to just want a good game. Barring some game breaking bug or egregiously bad micro transactions, I think the game is almost certainly going to be received well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree. That's my main issue with Madden is the presentation and Atmosphere. I don't feel immersed when playing games in Madden. I just feel like Madden's Atmosphere and presentation is suited towards Online H2H. If you're playing Online H2H, you're not as concerned with the Atmosphere.

I do think that with the preceived effort they are putting towards pageantry, crowd audio, ESPN, bands, etc, I don't have much concern about EA CFB's immersion factor.
Old 05-05-2024, 10:02 PM   #139
Rookie

It's funny how we used to complain about the teams that used to come out of nowhere in dynasty and be ranked in the top 10, but now with the transfer portal providing more parity, maybe this will be a bit more accepted.

It may make non-conference scheduling a lot more interesting especially if you schedule a 3-9 team who gets some key offseason transfers in. I do wonder if they will have a made up coach archetype like Deion where they come in and cut 1/3 or 1/2 of the team and fill it in with transfers & recruits.

What do ya'll think?
Old 05-05-2024, 10:53 PM   #140
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDeLish
It's funny how we used to complain about the teams that used to come out of nowhere in dynasty and be ranked in the top 10, but now with the transfer portal providing more parity, maybe this will be a bit more accepted.

It may make non-conference scheduling a lot more interesting especially if you schedule a 3-9 team who gets some key offseason transfers in. I do wonder if they will have a made up coach archetype like Deion where they come in and cut 1/3 or 1/2 of the team and fill it in with transfers & recruits.

What do ya'll think?
My question about the Transfer Portal is tied into the start of Dynasty. In the past, we start by setting up the recruiting board and then immediately into week 1. I really hope that isn't the case. If I'm starting a 1 star dynasty. I want to be able to tap into the the Transfer Portal and be able to flip my roster before i start and do the Spring Game

My question is could you start out with the Transfer Portal in dynasty without flipping the college landscape. Using the Transfer Portal off the bat like in real life, could be a very useful tool and allow you to be more competitive. But, I could see it being an issue if random starting players transfer before Dynasty even begins.

I do think there needs to be something in a coach's profile that suggests he prefers the Transfer Portal. I don't want it to feel random. I would want the fake Clemson coach to rarely ever target the Transfer Portal.
Old 05-06-2024, 08:10 AM   #141
Rookie

You have a good point and I think that also needs to be tied into coaching contracts/goals. Remind me...did NCAA 13 or 14 have a coaches hot seat list? CF 25 or 26 most definitely should have one.

If Kalen DeBoer doesn't get Alabama to the playoffs in year 1, he should probably be on the list, realistically. If I take Texas Tech and I don't take the team to the playoffs by year 3, I should be on the hot seat and fired by year 5. The game should be made where you can take an 0-12 team to 6-6 in 1 year on the hardest level (not the NC ideally). Because realistically Colorado could have been a competitive team last year as their ceiling, but anything more than that I think would be realistic. At least EA could use that as a measuring stick, IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 09:57 AM   #142
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Yea the coach skill trees should be in since they are in madden. It would be nice to see some not have recruiting have the skill tree for perks on transfers instead. If we lose a key player in the transfer portal I think we all will want to schedule them especially if its a QB or HB.

There is a fun debate to be had about if the 3 and 4* schools it's easier to compete (real life and video game) because of the portal. I lean toward it not being easier however it's easier to land a QB at the smaller schools now. So maybe that one guy is enough to get you 8-9 wins early on.

They need to give every school a points/$ budget when it comes to transfers. The bigger the school or a coach with that skill tree the more points you get. Matt mentioned balancing real life and fun so you should only have to spend those points on the guys that enter the portal. If you have a 90 overall guy at a 3* school he should automatically enter the portal to me and you have to spend a large chunk of your budget to bring him back.

I would like to see a team chemistry option as well which you see in NBA2K and have bringing in 20 new guys on the roster effect that. NCAA 14 you was on the hot seat, but I don't remember a screen showing the whole league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDeLish

What do ya'll think?
Old 05-06-2024, 10:26 AM   #143
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
Yea the coach skill trees should be in since they are in madden. It would be nice to see some not have recruiting have the skill tree for perks on transfers instead. If we lose a key player in the transfer portal I think we all will want to schedule them especially if its a QB or HB.

There is a fun debate to be had about if the 3 and 4* schools it's easier to compete (real life and video game) because of the portal. I lean toward it not being easier however it's easier to land a QB at the smaller schools now. So maybe that one guy is enough to get you 8-9 wins early on.

They need to give every school a points/$ budget when it comes to transfers. The bigger the school or a coach with that skill tree the more points you get. Matt mentioned balancing real life and fun so you should only have to spend those points on the guys that enter the portal. If you have a 90 overall guy at a 3* school he should automatically enter the portal to me and you have to spend a large chunk of your budget to bring him back.

I would like to see a team chemistry option as well which you see in NBA2K and have bringing in 20 new guys on the roster effect that. NCAA 14 you was on the hot seat, but I don't remember a screen showing the whole league.
There definitely needs to be a Team Chemistry or Morale system and development traits. Like if you bring in a higher rated player, it should drop a player's morale.

When it comes to the Transfer Portal, I just think there needs to be clear logic about it, unlike real life. Attach the players Recruiting Pitch preferences to a players profile. So based on the players highest preference, it'll cause them to want to transfer. So, if a players thinks he's not going to start, HC leaves, team isn't competitive enough, better opportunity, then it'll cause them to transfer or not. I do want to see backups on powerhouses transfer to 3-4 star schools in order to get a starting job. Just like, I want to see high rated players on lower schools transfer to a powerhouse if they're guaranteed a starting job.

My main question is how NIL is going to be use. I really don't want it to be like NBA2K where they just flood you with brands. But, I don't know if doing the lazy way by just making it a recruiting pitch is good enough either.
Old 05-06-2024, 10:44 AM   #144
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm not expecting the NIL to be a part of it since that kind of just exploded after the game was well into being made. In real life that is a major issue now maybe even the #1 thing for a lot of people. Going along with the my other comment about balancing real life with fun. Nobody wants to see recruiting be a NFL $ FA system where you just bid on guys. However if they give you a little bit of budget of $ to add as a incentive that could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
My main question is how NIL is going to be use. I really don't want it to be like NBA2K where they just flood you with brands. But, I don't know if doing the lazy way by just making it a recruiting pitch is good enough either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »