Home

Some tidbits from EA's Cam Weber

This is a discussion on Some tidbits from EA's Cam Weber within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-12-2024, 09:05 PM   #9
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Some tidbits from EA's Cam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
Kennesaw State will make 134 teams in FBS next season. So he's saying there are 4 or less schools who are still holding out.
No what he's saying is that he doesn't know what the number is.

This is how y'all fell for the championship game rumors.

One person says "Idk, at least 130 teams maybe? I don't know the actual number"

Turns into message boards posting "EA CONFIRMED THERE'S 4 TEAMS NOT IN THE GAME"

Last edited by TripleCrown9; 01-12-2024 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:53 AM   #10
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

I like that there is a mix of old developers who actually worked on NCAA 14, and new blood.

My one real hangup is that EA CFB does not follow the lead of that restrictive CFM in Madden. CFM is probably perfect for online franchises but it sucks the life out of offline immersion. I'd give Madden's on field gameplay an 8.5/10. It's damn good. It's just everything else feels so stale. Not only that but it's a chore to just be immerse myself in the league around me.

My Falcons suck, well let me play this marquee game Dallas at 49ers. Nope. Have to create a whole profile and all this stuff. I dont want to control these teams. I just want to play this one game. I hope the college game is as open as NCAA 14 was in this regard.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2024, 02:33 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I like that there is a mix of old developers who actually worked on NCAA 14, and new blood.

My one real hangup is that EA CFB does not follow the lead of that restrictive CFM in Madden. CFM is probably perfect for online franchises but it sucks the life out of offline immersion. I'd give Madden's on field gameplay an 8.5/10. It's damn good. It's just everything else feels so stale. Not only that but it's a chore to just be immerse myself in the league around me.

My Falcons suck, well let me play this marquee game Dallas at 49ers. Nope. Have to create a whole profile and all this stuff. I dont want to control these teams. I just want to play this one game. I hope the college game is as open as NCAA 14 was in this regard.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
Even as someone who really can't get into Madden, I don't think Madden's a bad game. My issue with Madden is that it feels too online-centric for me. Madden has a very streamlined approach when it coms to most areas of the game. If I was in to Online H2H, than I might be more into Madden. I might be too optimistic or even naive, but I don't think CFB will have that same issue. One, because they'll have some of the old developers who did a great job in the past. Two, because CFB will still be a niche enough title where you can't just streamline it. With a niche title, I feel you have to address and fully flesh out the the areas that attract the hardcore fans of the title. With titles like Madden, they can get away with streamlining it because the NFL and Madden brand can sell itself. College Football is up there as for as American sports. But there's way more casual NFL fans that would buy Madden than casual CFB fans that would buy a game

It would be nice to have the ability to play any game in dynasty. It would be a nice refresh to be able to play as a different team in dynasty to either get help gameplan against a team or just get away from your team. A cool thing would be playing with a different team and enjoying playing with a player and that player enters the Portal or even scout the type of players you want to go after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2024, 09:25 PM   #12
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24
Some tidbits from EA's Cam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Even as someone who really can't get into Madden, I don't think Madden's a bad game. My issue with Madden is that it feels too online-centric for me. Madden has a very streamlined approach when it coms to most areas of the game. If I was in to Online H2H, than I might be more into Madden. I might be too optimistic or even naive, but I don't think CFB will have that same issue. One, because they'll have some of the old developers who did a great job in the past. Two, because CFB will still be a niche enough title where you can't just streamline it. With a niche title, I feel you have to address and fully flesh out the the areas that attract the hardcore fans of the title. With titles like Madden, they can get away with streamlining it because the NFL and Madden brand can sell itself. College Football is up there as for as American sports. But there's way more casual NFL fans that would buy Madden than casual CFB fans that would buy a game

It would be nice to have the ability to play any game in dynasty. It would be a nice refresh to be able to play as a different team in dynasty to either get help gameplan against a team or just get away from your team. A cool thing would be playing with a different team and enjoying playing with a player and that player enters the Portal or even scout the type of players you want to go after.

The one that gets me, as small as it is to most people, is the removal of players breaking the huddle and walking up to the line. Complete immersion breaker on literally every play. But, I’ve been team “give me real time presentation”for a long time. At the very least, no reason it shouldn’t be a toggle on/off. Hoping CFB brings this “feature” back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2024, 09:27 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
"We are going to launch it this summer."

"We do want to bring in some players as well, through NIL..."

"We'd like to get as many players from these schools as possible, to have the opportunity to be in the game, but there is a scale that is so massive that we need to take a different type of approach..."

"I think we'll have a cool solution that allows lots of players to be involved."

"The last I checked, we have a lot (of teams in the game). I don't have the latest number. I think we're at least 130."
I bet it will be called CUT
College. ultimate team..
Players get % of cards…
They have all won national championships, except for Auburn.-Christian Smith (Andre's Brother)
Old 01-14-2024, 10:48 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
The one that gets me, as small as it is to most people, is the removal of players breaking the huddle and walking up to the line. Complete immersion breaker on literally every play. But, I’ve been team “give me real time presentation”for a long time. At the very least, no reason it shouldn’t be a toggle on/off. Hoping CFB brings this “feature” back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I didn't like either. Wasn't it called "fast to fun" or something lime that. Everything got streamlined. I get the mindset of not allocating resources to features that might get skipped after a week of use. But, that shouldn't be an excuse to kill the immersion. I would love real time presentation and more attention to detail. Like you said, there's no reason why there shouldn't be a toggle for fast presentation and full presentation. I feel MLB The Show does an excellent job with real time presentation. The transition from play to celebration sequence is seemless. Even the scripted cuts are seemless. They did a good job making between plays feeling less robotic. But, there's much more that's needed to be done.
NCAA 14 went with a streamlined presentation approach. I hope that they bring back to the attention to detail with presentation. Bring back the stadium entrances for each team, less repetitive scripted cutscenes, more crowd chants, hearing the band during the game, like to see the signs on the sideline or coordinators making hand signals on the sideline, I would like to see QBs and skill guys look to the sideline to receive play calls.

I can see why the New CFB game will most likely be current gen only. One because it's time to leave behind last gen lol. But, the main reason I see it being current gen only is because I think they are going to use as much disc/memory space as they can. If they are getting details about every stadium, wanting information and pictures about each stadium, they surrounding backdrops, audio(chants, fight songs, bands, licensed music) for each team, they will use a lot of storage, especially if it is more detailed than the PS3/360 version.
Old 01-15-2024, 12:39 AM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
I'm gonna be honest, EACFB 25 is gonna play VERY similarly to Madden 24. There's gonna be some tweaks and tunes to make it feel more like the college version of the sport, but they aren't building a whole brand new engine.
I think some people forget that NCAA Football was run off of the previous year's Madden.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2024, 12:59 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I think some people forget that NCAA Football was run off of the previous year's Madden.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
It was always basically a reskin with it being tuned to be slightly more wide open on the field. The main differences were the playbooks and atmosphere. The actual gameplay mechanics were mostly the same.

I'd assume, and hope, it will be that way this summer too. I like the way Madden plays outside of a few things.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »