Home

Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ?

This is a discussion on Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-24-2023, 08:27 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Caleb Williams : Cover athlete for new NCAA ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
If they don't get Deion Sanders it will be a missed opportunity.
I definitely think he would be more than willing to do that. He's been a fixture on MUT, was in Superstar mode in Madden this year(and wouldn't be surprised if something like that was brought up when he did Mocap), and he was involved in one of the cover reveal videos for Madden. Plus as the obvious, a huge recruiting tool to be involved with the game, especially for 13-18 year Olds. I don't think coaches will be in

I just don't think putting a coach on the cover of a video game, outside of John Madden, will happen. But, as I said, I think going a Colorado player would be the next best thing. That way, they can involve Deion with the promotion of the game. All of Colorado's games were sold out so far(likely the rest will follow), and outside of the two mandatory PAC Network games, all of the games they had were on national networks. So, Deion Sanders being involved with the game will help bring more attention to it.
Old 10-25-2023, 05:13 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I’d love to see them put all the Heisman winners on the cover from 2014 to current, I think that would be pretty cool
Old 11-01-2023, 12:04 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Why not the best player in college football: Marvin Harrison Jr.?

Also helps he's from the team that sells the most merchandise in CFB..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2023, 12:53 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Still wish they'd do regional covers so more schools and an athlete on the cover.

Physical copies are all less of a thing now, so I'd be more than happy of they went away from having a cover athlete and went with something different like a cinematic football shot, a stadium shot, or the CFB trophy.

At the end of the day, I'll pay 0.1% attention to the cover once the game is out, so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 11-02-2023, 10:47 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Still wish they'd do regional covers so more schools and an athlete on the cover.

Physical copies are all less of a thing now, so I'd be more than happy of they went away from having a cover athlete and went with something different like a cinematic football shot, a stadium shot, or the CFB trophy.

At the end of the day, I'll pay 0.1% attention to the cover once the game is out, so it doesn't really matter.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
You know that gives me an idea, how about having you pick your favorite school on first boot up, then the athlete (or athletes) from that school will show on startup in the games introduction?

So like if I picked Ohio State then maybe it shows Marvin Harrison Jr. on boot up, or just random Ohio State pictures of campus and such.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 11-02-2023, 04:52 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
You know that gives me an idea, how about having you pick your favorite school on first boot up, then the athlete (or athletes) from that school will show on startup in the games introduction?

So like if I picked Ohio State then maybe it shows Marvin Harrison Jr. on boot up, or just random Ohio State pictures of campus and such.
That would be great. Wasn't that how the PS2/Xbox were, where you're favorite teams would be on the start up.
Old 11-03-2023, 10:57 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
That would be great. Wasn't that how the PS2/Xbox were, where you're favorite teams would be on the start up.
You know I kind of vaguely recall that. I mean Madden sort of does this in a way where it shows your favorite team after you pick it, so it's not too wild of an idea.

They could just try to get one to however many athletes who would like to be on the intro splash screens and I think that would make people very happy, it sure would me!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 08:18 PM   #16
Rookie

darren1024's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Why not the best player in college football: Marvin Harrison Jr.?

Also helps he's from the team that sells the most merchandise in CFB..
If its the best player, then it Daniels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »