Home

Latest Matt Brown Interview 10/11/2023

This is a discussion on Latest Matt Brown Interview 10/11/2023 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-19-2023, 01:50 AM   #9
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Latest Matt Brown Interview 10/11/2023

Overall a positive sign, although I have a few concerns

1. Last I heard, Notre Dame was one of the holdouts. This was months ago though so that could have changed by now. Just hoping to be able to play as my alma mater. Also, no service academies is kind of a bummer.

2. Like the others who have posted in this thread before me, I'm curious to see what recruiting will actually be like. I really like recruiting in NCAA 12 and 14, so I hope it's not too big of a change.

3. Good news that Dynasty is the flagship game mode, but no information on customization options for dynasties. NCAA 14 let us move teams between conferences, create recruits every year, edit players on any team, et cetera. I would expect editing players to be a given but this is EA and they've removed that option from Madden in the past. The conference customization is also a huge feature for me. The initial dynasty setup for customizing conference layouts is essential, but ideally they would bring back allowing users to swap teams in between seasons as well. Playoff customization would be nice as well. IMO I'd like to play with 8 teams, and I know of some people out there who would like to up it to 16, so having the option to change that from the 12 that will be in the '24 season would be a good thing IMO.

4. No mention of the timetable for this game. What I'm getting at here is, is this going to be a yearly release going forward? I get the sense that it won't be, and if that's the case I wonder how they handle getting the newest recruits into the game when the '25 season starts. At this point I'm fine with it not being a yearly release, and I'm also fine if they don't add in the new players every year as hopefully community creations will exist. I'm just curious how they will go about this.

I have other features that I want in this game, but none related to what is in the video and are more so wishlist type things, so I'll leave those to another thread.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:09 AM   #10
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck

1. Last I heard, Notre Dame was one of the holdouts. This was months ago though so that could have changed by now. Just hoping to be able to play as my alma mater. Also, no service academies is kind of a bummer.

2. Like the others who have posted in this thread before me, I'm curious to see what recruiting will actually be like. I really like recruiting in NCAA 12 and 14, so I hope it's not too big of a change.

3. Good news that Dynasty is the flagship game mode, but no information on customization options for dynasties. NCAA 14 let us move teams between conferences, create recruits every year, edit players on any team, et cetera. I would expect editing players to be a given but this is EA and they've removed that option from Madden in the past. The conference customization is also a huge feature for me. The initial dynasty setup for customizing conference layouts is essential, but ideally they would bring back allowing users to swap teams in between seasons as well. Playoff customization would be nice as well. IMO I'd like to play with 8 teams, and I know of some people out there who would like to up it to 16, so having the option to change that from the 12 that will be in the '24 season would be a good thing IMO.

4. No mention of the timetable for this game. What I'm getting at here is, is this going to be a yearly release going forward? I get the sense that it won't be, and if that's the case I wonder how they handle getting the newest recruits into the game when the '25 season starts. At this point I'm fine with it not being a yearly release, and I'm also fine if they don't add in the new players every year as hopefully community creations will exist. I'm just curious how they will go about this.

I have other features that I want in this game, but none related to what is in the video and are more so wishlist type things, so I'll leave those to another thread.
He said the players probably won't be in the game, not the schools themselves. If that's the case, those 3 will have generic rosters.
Old 10-19-2023, 09:25 AM   #11
Rookie

God i hope teambuilder is in. I coach HS football in Texas and i used to love downloading all the teams in my district as well as other Texas HS powers and making a super conference. One can dream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2023, 10:17 AM   #12
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
"0% of the code from the last CFB game is useable."

I love to hear that the game is being built from the ground up.
I just hope it has the full backing of a AAA type game but it's not rushed

**cough BF 2042 cough**
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

Last edited by Speedy; 10-19-2023 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2023, 11:28 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinMcSuck
God i hope teambuilder is in. I coach HS football in Texas and i used to love downloading all the teams in my district as well as other Texas HS powers and making a super conference. One can dream
There's a high school game in development! It will be extremely customizable!
Old 10-19-2023, 02:49 PM   #14
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck

1.) I believe that he said that Notre Dame is no longer a hold out. Ohio Sate is though (if I remember the interview correctly). However, just like when Notre Dame was still a holdout, Ohio State is still participating in asset requests from EA so with them and the remaining stragglers it seems like it's just a paperwork issue and the is little risk of them not being in the game.

4.) I didn't mention it, but the timetable is still summer of 2024. Also, I don't think that it has been indicated anywhere that this won't be a yearly release. It would be really odd for EA to invest the time and resources to developing a brand new game from scratch, securing all of these different licensing deals, and not have it on an annual release that they can improve their development margin. I full expect this to be an annual release going forward, college athletes receiving some kind of packet each year with a yes/no opt in.
Old 10-19-2023, 03:01 PM   #15
Rookie

hunterdawgs10's Arena

Pretty concerned about the “PC TBD” thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2023, 01:34 PM   #16
MVP

Something I saw today may relate to this game. Viewership for college football is up significantly this season. The video mentioned the college game historically sold around 25% of what Madden sales were.

More people watching the games on tv probably means more sales generated for the video game. More sales could mean more developers assigned to the game.

If they could get actual coaches in the game - I'm thinking Deion Sanders specifically - that might also generate more sales with the younger demographic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »