Home

Starting a Career?

This is a discussion on Starting a Career? within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: What Option do you want
Option A, Player 3 30.00%
Option B, Coach 4 40.00%
Option C, continue Raider dynasty 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Starting a Career?

I know that i keep restarting my Oakland Raiders dynasty but i always feel i just want to start a career with either superstar or a coach in the College and work them up to the NFL Hall of Fame. I dont have NCAA 11 though, im thinking of getting it and immeditally starting on a career. I want to ask all OS members of what i should do here. If ppl pick options A and B ill get NCAA 11 and try my best to start it

Option A: Start a career for a player and work his way up to the NFL and get in the HoF (I will start in High School then ill work my way up to college then to the NFL, i will also use the downloaded rosters and use the rosters also in the NFL, ill just start a franchise in Madden instead of superstar so i can get more info to you guys throughout the college and NFL career about whats going on around the league)

Option B: Start a carrer for a coach and work his way from college to the NFL and try to win multiple BCS championships, win multiple Super Bowls and try to get in the HoF for coaches. (I will allow people to make players for recruitment in NCAA , and i will also allow create-a-coach but i probably will not follow them once i get into the NFL if i ever do)

Option C: just keep what im doing in my Raider dynasty

You guys can pick any option and ill do my best to post at least every few days and work at the hardest difficulties so it will be a challenge for me.

The Silver and Black Comeback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Starting a Career?

I pick option B. It allows the OSers to get more involved, and will get a lot more followers with good storylines. It's really fun to control everything in a college football team.

And for the create-a-recruit part, I'd allow 5 a year, and some more advice, if you are gonna allow us to create a coach, it may be hard to follow them with the CAPs. For that to happen, you'll need some time

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: New York Yankees
NCAA: Ohio State Buckeyes
Old 01-09-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan4life
I pick option B. It allows the OSers to get more involved, and will get a lot more followers with good storylines. It's really fun to control everything in a college football team.

And for the create-a-recruit part, I'd allow 5 a year, and some more advice, if you are gonna allow us to create a coach, it may be hard to follow them with the CAPs. For that to happen, you'll need some time
i was going to wait the 2 weeks till the poll is over, but i will be allowing 5-10 CAPs a year and also follow them even if there not on my team, maybe every other week ill tell everybody how they doing.

Yeah following coaches will be time consuming but im still deciding to let people make coaches, but if i do ill probably follow them every single few weeks.

Im looking forward to doing this. I will most likely go to Nevada in either the player or coach career because its my favorite college team for a few years now and nobody ever uses them in dynasties so what the hell lol.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair1881
i was going to wait the 2 weeks till the poll is over, but i will be allowing 5-10 CAPs a year and also follow them even if there not on my team, maybe every other week ill tell everybody how they doing.

Yeah following coaches will be time consuming but im still deciding to let people make coaches, but if i do ill probably follow them every single few weeks.

Im looking forward to doing this. I will most likely go to Nevada in either the player or coach career because its my favorite college team for a few years now and nobody ever uses them in dynasties so what the hell lol.
I like it. There's also two ways you could pick a low-prestige team-

1)You could pick a bad team in a hard conference (Big Ten, SEC, if here's any bad teams in them lol)

2)Pick a bad team from a non-BCS conference (also, what I'd do is switch a bad team with Notre Dame , so you'll be independent. so you'll have almost full customization of you're schedule)

Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

I havent played NCAA football in years so ill look into it. I might as well get NCAA 11, or rent it, and look at the dynasty and play through a season by next week and see how its like. I need to find what im comfortable with playbooks and stuff like that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair1881
I havent played NCAA football in years so ill look into it. I might as well get NCAA 11, or rent it, and look at the dynasty and play through a season by next week and see how its like. I need to find what im comfortable with playbooks and stuff like that
I'm a pass first team, so I tried Oregon (all-shotgun) and Texas Tech (air-raid, have some Ace and offset I). They were great.. but my favorite is Mississippi St., all-shotgun with a unique Wildcat called the Wild Dog Spread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Im more of a balanced type of guy coming to pass and run, i mostly run if my HB is doing good but i can get the clutch throws in for 3rd down or 2 minute offense. Im going to try Nevada's playbooks in a few quick games against rival colleges and see if i like them. Im going get NCAA today and i have been watching some vids on it and the dynasty looks so much better than last years NCAA. I kinda wish i got it sooner now.

Also Nevada won last night :P im happy for them

Old 01-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #8
Pro

footballfan4life's Arena

I've eard lots of ppl say Air Force is a good balanced one

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »