Home

*Making Them Like No Other* A Pittsburgh Penguins Dynasty

This is a discussion on *Making Them Like No Other* A Pittsburgh Penguins Dynasty within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2009, 02:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
*Making Them Like No Other* A Pittsburgh Penguins Dynasty

Pittsburgh/Penselvynania - Even after getting his team to the Stanley Cup Finals, Penguins Head Coach Michel Therrien was fired.

"I wasn't sure what I did wrong, we played great, but I think ownership of the Pittsburgh Penguins decided it wasn't enough" said now former head coach of the Pens Therrien.

Moments later, the Penguins organization also had fired general manager Ray Shero. Shero took over from Lester Patrick, who was the one who built the former dynasty of when it was Lemieux joined by Jaromir Jagr, Paul Coffey, Ron Francis, Kevin Stevens, Bryan Trottier and Tom Barrasso. He also was the one who drafted the now faces of the franchise Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury.

Penguins former superstar and now owner Mario Lemieux said it was partly because of the club losing key players such as Marian Hossa, Ryan Malone and Ty Conklin, many of which were key factors in the Penguins sucessfull playoff run.

Word has it that the Penguins have been working on legendary Scotty Bowman, but the hopes are quite bleak. Jason Skyland, a former teamate of Mario Lemieux, said when he offered him the two posistions, he declined saying he was thinking of becoming a general manager for another team. Yet he did give Mario Lemieux another option, his younger brother Nick Skyland. Both were NHL players, yet Nick played under his brother's huge shadow.

Later that week, Nick Skyland accepted the offer. One of the youngest general manger at a mere 28 years of age, spome of the players including star defensemen Sergei Gonchar is older than his now head coach. Skyland was quoted saying: "This franchise has so much potential, so it'll be my job to make sure they exert all their skills. I'm going to build this team into a team like the 2001 Colorado Avalanche" he said. The Avalanche in 2001 boasted legendary goaltender Patrick Roy, legend defensemen Raymond Bourque, star defensemen Rob Blake and Adam Foote, forwards such as Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Alex Tanguay and Chris Drury.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: *Making Them Like No Other* A Pittsburgh Penguins Dynasty

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed a deal with Consol Energy, which will be the name of the new arena that will be the succesor of the Mellon Arena, the oldest arena currently being used by an NHl team. The arena will go up in the 2010-2011 season.

"It was a great oppurtunity, and we just had to jump at it" said chairman and C.E.O of the Pittsburgh Penguins Mario Lemieux.

The arena is planned to look like this:

It is said that the Consol Energy will have a larger seating capacity then the Mellon Arena.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Captains

Captain- Sidney Crosby

Assistant Captain- Sergei Gonchar

Alternate Captain- Petr Sykora
Old 02-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

We are here with new General Mangers Nick Skyland, who has just explained to us his plans for the futre of thr Pittsburgh Penguins.

"Well, over the last few days, I've been watching the team practise and training camp, and I like what I'm seeing, ubt if we would like to return to the Cup, we've have some major work cut out for us" said Skyland.

"I've made a list of things that are greatly influential in the Penguins success this year, if we wish to go deep into the playoffs" he also added.

1. A great goal scorer along the terms of Alexander Semin, Marian Gaborik or Jaromir Jagr if we could peel him away from his KHL team. I would most likely pair him up with Sid The Kid.

2. Grinding players along the lines of Jordin Tootoo or Todd Bertuzzi to protect our superstars. We are going to need Sid and Geno along the way if we're going to get a solid seed in the playoffs.

3. A greater back up goaltender than Mathew Garon, he's a great goalie, but we're going to want a better one two punch along the lines of goalies to back up Marc-Andre Fleury. Right now I'm looking at Vesa Toskala or Andrew Raycroft.

4. Maybe more of passer of the wing, if we could get another playmaker on the wing, Malkin could be developed into a goal scorer. He, right now when he plays on a line with Sid, could be dangerous near the goal because he no longer needs to be a playmaker. But because of the set up of the roster Shero made, he can't go on a regular line with Sid, we can only really get those two together on the powerplay.

That was all that Mr.Skyland had to say, he also put in that, if the Penguins needed something else, he wasn't afraid to make more changes.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Upcoming Games
DateTeamResultScore
9/4 at Ottawa--
9/5 vs Ottawa--
9/11 vs New Jersey--
9/14 at Philadelphia--
9/16 vs Washington--
Advertisements - Register to remove