Home

Steve Finley Player Epic Question

This is a discussion on Steve Finley Player Epic Question within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Steve Finley Player Epic Question

Had this pop up last night, was pretty excited. I had to hit two homers in one game with left handed batters, was able to do it in my second game (hit 4) after loading my lineup with any decent leftie I had.

I now have to hit 9 HRs with left handed batters, here's my question. Should I grind it out with an all leftie lineup (I'm around 650) despite the fact that it significantly weakens my team. Or should I continue with my regular lineup and just pick up home runs where I can.

I figure running an all leftie lineup will take me somewhere around 10 games, whereas doing it with my regular line up might take 20-30 (but many less losses).

My problem is my lefties, Kipnis and Blackmon are really the only solid ones I have. After that I play Hosmer, Pedersen, Griffey Jr and then literally a bunch of bronze and common players.

Also, do switch hitters hitting from the left side work? I assumed it was ONLY left handed batters.

Thoughts?

I have to say I'm pretty excited by this. I've never really been close to getting a diamond player (got Chapman and Cespedes last year in the last month of the game) and only having to hit 9 HRs is a relatively simple task.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Steve Finley Player Epic Question

I'm not sure about the switch hitters, but I just kept a normal-ish lineup with a slight lefty lean to do it while doing that Epic. Also, just a heads up that there's a couple other Diamonds in those Daily Missions that randomly crop up.

Either way, what I always come back to is, what would be the most fun for you? Does winning matter a lot? Or do you just enjoy doing missions? Build the lineup based on that.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I've got the Bert Blyleven player epic as well. But I believe they are done through BR games (which I never play). I might chase that one down if I get bored one day.

To be honest, I don't really care about the losses at this point, so I think I'm just going to chase it down this weekend.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:02 AM   #4
Rookie

I would field your best lineup and let the homers come naturally. I am trying to get to 900 by the 15th for goldy. I don't think I will but I lefty-loaded my lineup when the Finley mission popped up and it hurt me a bit. Especially because I see a lot of left handed pitchers
Old 05-08-2017, 09:08 AM   #5
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Just buy Jake Lamb and Nomar Mazara and mash with them, shouldn't take too long and you won't have to change you whole lineup. Maybe put a more all round OF on your bench to sub in for Mazara if they're using a lefty as he's utterly useless against them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 10:51 AM   #6
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Just buy Jake Lamb and Nomar Mazara and mash with them, shouldn't take too long and you won't have to change you whole lineup. Maybe put a more all round OF on your bench to sub in for Mazara if they're using a lefty as he's utterly useless against them

Jake Lamb advice is really good. Yesterday he had like 85 contact and 97 power against righties. If you play the game a lot you probably already have one of him just sitting in your inventory.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 PM   #7
Rookie

I loaded up my lineup for a few games (Hosmer, Lamb, Blackmon, Kipnis, Pedersen, Brantley, Seager) and I proceeded to hit exactly 0 home runs.

Changed my lineup back to normal and hit 6 in one game! All with righties... lol.

I did manage to hit an inside the park homerun with Blackmon and a walk off with him, so I've got 2 down.

I'd like to note that Sano (I know he's a righty) is literally the man. I strike out with him a ton, but basically if I hit the ball fair its a homerun.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #8
Rookie

SigmundFraud's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth72
I loaded up my lineup for a few games (Hosmer, Lamb, Blackmon, Kipnis, Pedersen, Brantley, Seager) and I proceeded to hit exactly 0 home runs.

Changed my lineup back to normal and hit 6 in one game! All with righties... lol.

I did manage to hit an inside the park homerun with Blackmon and a walk off with him, so I've got 2 down.

I'd like to note that Sano (I know he's a righty) is literally the man. I strike out with him a ton, but basically if I hit the ball fair its a homerun.

If you're good with Sano, try Edwin Encarnacion. He's cheap now and is essentially Sano with more power and better vision.

I'm not sure what they even changed when they made him silver, his performance is exactly the same for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »