Home

Play vs. Friends

This is a discussion on Play vs. Friends within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-11-2017, 04:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Play vs. Friends

Hey so I just wanted to start this thread addressing something that's been frustrating me with this years game. I thought maybe others might share this frustration and perhaps have some info of what might be coming in later additions to the game. If not, perhaps this thread will be noticed by Devs and it will be something for them to consider more. Anyways...

I'm frustrated with the lack of incentive to play games vs your friends. There seems to be simple rewards like 100 W's etc for stubs and XP but nothing meaningful. And 99% of your stats accrued don't count towards anything. It more or less makes these games meaningless. I understand that there were those who have in the past abused the ability to play vs friends by doing "bunt grinds" and things like that to eat up missions quicker. I think that's all well and good to do something to thwart those players however doing something as drastic as it seems to be so far in 17 has rendered this game reward-free for those who enjoy playing vs friends the right way. Its fun to be competing vs a friend who needs 1 more HR with someone and be able to say not on my watch! Or to devise a 7 game series using players you're trying to grind innings with. Maybe its just me but I feel like there's zero incentive to play vs your friends this year. Nothing counts towards other missions and there aren't any meaningful missions for that mode in itself.

Sorry for the angry rant. Hopefully there's some updates moving forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2017, 05:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Play vs. Friends

Isn't playing with your friends a reward of itself? :-)

Those who enjoy playing with friends do so for the fun of it. At least this way others are not rewarded with valuable items for cheating the system. It's a cash flow issue, imo.

But, then again, I have no friends, so who am I to judge?
Old 04-11-2017, 05:49 AM   #3
Rookie

haha yes i agree it sometimes is more rewarding in itself. But it would be nice to be able to accomplish meaningful missions all the while. Maybe a way to do it is by adding a Ranked vs Friends? idk I guess there could be issues with that as well. Just voicing a frustration. It won't stop me from playing with my friends it is just a "disadvantage" progress-wise to do so.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Sterlingarcherkessel's Arena

You couldnt even play dd vs a friend until last year abd most people abused it so this is what you get.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 AM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlingarcherkessel
You couldnt even play dd vs a friend until last year abd most people abused it so this is what you get.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, unfortunately this is probably the way it needs to be. With so many missions tied to specific things, being able to do them against a friend would be an exploit of sorts.

I feel your pain as someone who enjoys playing friends in DD more than randoms -- thus it would be nice to have this incentive there -- but get why it's not available. Also, I think tying specific awards to playing vs. friends beyond Stubs/XP feels like it would be unfair as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 04:11 AM   #6
Rookie

CSUFresnoClassof2011's Arena

Isn't there an entire section under missions for play vs friends? I've also had one pop up on Daily Mission's too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »