Home

Virtually impossible to get to level 50 now

This is a discussion on Virtually impossible to get to level 50 now within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-07-2016, 03:56 AM   #1
Rookie

dta151's Arena

OVR: 0
Virtually impossible to get to level 50 now

It takes so long to get up 1 level once you reach 30 that to get to 40 would be very hard, 50 is a joke. You need to play dozens of full games daily since most of the stat and other accomplishments that get you XP I have done. They could have added more goals or ways to earn XP or told us to keep going past 30 we would need it. I trained all captains to 30 when I would rather have 1 at 50 then all at 30. I would have just kept going on Ortiz who was my first captain and I would have Ted Williams now free. It makes me not even want to play the game anymore, coupled with the fact that the stub fairy is gone and the moments from last year to make stubs do not exist anymore there is no way to get these cards besides wasting cash and I cant do it, even if I could afford it I wouldn't. Give us the game for free then I can see paying for more stuff in the game but double dipping, charge us $70 for game then another $100 to get a couple players that we lose at the end of the year and wont have next year. I had everyone last year and had to start from scratch. Let us keep 1 player from last year, throw us a bone now c'mon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 05:15 AM   #2
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Virtually impossible to get to level 50 now

I'm at level 30 for all Captains except one where I'm at level 39. It can be done but just let it happen naturally. I'm not gonna fret over it to much.

Also, Ted Williams isn't that much to write home about. I had him last year and he spazzes out so much in the outfield that he's a liability. I ended up using him as a pinch hitter the rest of the way.

I like the new tickets feature that they implemented. You can earn cards through playing the game rather than having to spend money out of your pocket. It would be nice if they find out a way to handle those who try to earn XP by doing AFK,Yetis, bunt grinding, etc next year. Domebay33 (another Dodgers fan) said it right: "No need to AFK grind... Literally everything else in the game will give you XP".
Old 08-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #3
MVP

ph33's Arena

You know how they can handle the AFK/Yeti/Bunt grind issue? By not constructing the game and reward system that encourages people to do these things. People play like jackasses in BR because they're incentivized to do so. People will always go to find the biggest loophole in every game to get to where they want. And if someone wants to spend their time doing droning ****, then I feel bad for them but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

If this game was any more like the 2k/Madden ultimate teams I'd be out. I can't keep track of that many cards. But if they're going to make things more arduous next year as many of you wish, then they have to make sure their reward system is actually worth it. Nobody is going through the trouble to try and earn a card that sucks/mediocre and it'd be a waste of their time. If you're going to put things/goals in a game to be complete in a year, then you have to be realistic about actually allowing the players to finish said tasks without asking them to play 10 hours a day.

The only people who these loopholes bothers is the people who don't want to do it. And that's fine, but let's not act like the group of folks who are torturing themselves isn't paying a price. I really don't think the devs envisioned their game to be played this way (Or maybe they did)

Totally agree with OP though. It would have been nice to get a heads up. After so many weeks of nothing done or said I assumed captains stores would just be the same old crap, so three of the weeks I blew 2300+ tickets on diamonds that I already owned just so I could get 5k out of it. I could sure use those now, even though I'm only at level 50 for one captain.

Last edited by ph33; 08-07-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #4
Rookie

Biggest complaint is the lack of information on the captain store. Apparently one quick blurb in a stream session hinted at great things to come. Even before the change when viewing your online profile it gave the impression 42 was max, which makes sense with the meaning 42 has for the game. Of course kids getting online saying and proving level 50 but with all the other SNAFU's SDS has shown I figured just poor programming. So I took my "logical" approach and got everyone to 30 and then just picked the one that gave me the best team. Like others have stated the week before I "blew" a little over 3k, figuring it had been 5 months so might as well. Then a couple days later - the be ready captain store changing, at that point I knew I was screwed...

So SDS to summarize next year at least give some data when the game releases of what to expect, like having your own f'n webpage be accurate. Simple requests.

Lesson learned for all us all next year pick one max him out then move to the next, etc...
Old 08-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #5
Rookie

The bunt grind /yeti's issue really gives me no heartburn, sometimes at work I can get a game in however the internet there is **** so I would like for those games to "count" towards whatever progress I'm making...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2016, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

It is cool to have cards that are difficult to obtain. It makes them better. We live in a time where people's minds are short circuited if they can't have everything.

I took the fact that you could level up to 50 as a clue. I've saved all my stubs (4700) and levelled Donaldson up to 50. I don't want the card they have up this month but hopefully next months card will be something I want. I've got another captain up to 30, and another to 24. I'm going to try to get the 30 up to 50 before the next round of 50s are taken down, which gives me about 60 days. Then I'll have two captains at 50 and two chances at being able to get a card that's worth it. I wish I could have gotten Ted Williams but I am at zero with that captain. Oh well.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:09 PM   #7
MVP

ph33's Arena

I should have known they'd make the first Donaldson reward suck. I naturally gravitated towards leveling that up because usually the good players have that higher clutch attribute and I tended to use those more. The other one I leveled up a lot was the Altuve one, and that one would have been difficult for me now that they've changed it to 5'10 and under only.

I can't imagine a whole lot of people wanted to level up Ortiz "Hey, use players who suck at defense!" Which is mostly only pitchers because they're pitchers.

I think the captain missions need to make more sense next year. I'm fine with "Use teams from a certain division" or whatever, but why are you telling me to load my team with players who are bad at a certain thing.

Last edited by ph33; 08-07-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:10 PM   #8
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I should have known they'd make the first Donaldson reward suck. I naturally gravitated towards leveling that up because usually the good players have that higher clutch attribute and I tended to use those more. The other one I leveled up a lot was the Altuve one, and that one would have been difficult for me now that they've changed it to 5'10 and under only.

I can't imagine a whole lot of people wanted to level up Ortiz "Hey, use players who suck at defense!" Which is mostly only pitchers because they're pitchers.

I think the captain missions need to make more sense next year. I'm fine with "Use teams from a certain division" or whatever, but why are you telling me to load my team with players who are bad at a certain thing.
I agree. Ortiz was my lowest one for that reason, playing with a bunch of horrible defenders never sounded like much fun to me. Altuve is the only one I have at 50 because I liked playing with the young guys. Why didnt they just use Ortiz like that, make it all vets that have had long careers or something, or guys over 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »