Home

I give up on playing the market.

This is a discussion on I give up on playing the market. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
I give up on playing the market.

I realize this is me just complaining but let me vent. I was sitting on 5 Xander boagarts for a while now. Spent around 3-4K on each. I had been sitting on him for a while now and I figured if he went diamond it wouldn't be until after the all star break and I figured I'd cash in last night on th bump in his price based on the updates thinking if anything he would get a bump of 1-2 this week if at all. Sold them all for around 9.5k still a good return on investment but I wake up this morning to see him bumped to 93 and now going for 22k+. I'm just sick to my stomach for pulling the trigger last night. I suck. Rant over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 09:16 AM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

Re: I give up on playing the market.

We're here for you man. That sucks. I personally was really surprised too.

Onto the next investment!
Old 06-24-2016, 09:24 AM   #3
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
I realize this is me just complaining but let me vent. I was sitting on 5 Xander boagarts for a while now. Spent around 3-4K on each. I had been sitting on him for a while now and I figured if he went diamond it wouldn't be until after the all star break and I figured I'd cash in last night on th bump in his price based on the updates thinking if anything he would get a bump of 1-2 this week if at all. Sold them all for around 9.5k still a good return on investment but I wake up this morning to see him bumped to 93 and now going for 22k+. I'm just sick to my stomach for pulling the trigger last night. I suck. Rant over.
I was sitting on two Bogaerts myself since he was an 85. Picked both up around 2k. I just sold one the other day for about 8k, but fortunately hung onto the other. I feel your pain (well...at least 1/5 of your pain)
Old 06-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
We're here for you man. That sucks. I personally was really surprised too.

Onto the next investment!

Nope I'm done for this year lol. Finishing the Marlins collection once Stanton comes down a bit and I still need roughly 6-8 more diamonds to finish out the national league (finished al last week). Unless I get 1-2 of the higher priced guys like Harper or kershaw in a lucky pack or something I give up on the test. Just gonna grind innings now for a few more teams in h2h then put all my studs in and mow ppl down. I'm tired of stuggling with a team rated at 85 when I'm facing fully stacked teams and I'm still 183-84. I won't grind vs the computer bc that's just boring to me.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

I hedged my by on Big Papi and lost, but oh well. The way I see it I am actually cheering more for guys to drop in value rather than going up in value. I can sit back and watch Stanton plummet and finish the Marlins. I think it all balances out. I love the market.

Now the grinding is another story. Least enjoyable part of this game. I hope they come up with a new idea next year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2016, 10:30 AM   #6
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
I hedged my by on Big Papi and lost, but oh well. The way I see it I am actually cheering more for guys to drop in value rather than going up in value. I can sit back and watch Stanton plummet and finish the Marlins. I think it all balances out. I love the market.

Now the grinding is another story. Least enjoyable part of this game. I hope they come up with a new idea next year
I finished grinding innings with everyone, felt like a weight off my shoulders haha
Old 06-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

I've been grinding innings like I said before in h2h bc cpu is boring and to easy sometimes and I don't feel like bumping up the difficulty is worth it at this point. I've finished maybe 13 teams now but I'm getting tired of doing it and want to just put my studs in.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

I feel like **** about only having 1 Bogaerts card, I spent all of my spare stubs on about 10 Jackie Bradley Jr. cards and he's still not a gold.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »