Home

Need market help from the pros

This is a discussion on Need market help from the pros within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Need market help from the pros

So I'm not one of you guys that lives on the market though this year I've been trying to get better at it. I am slightly bias when it comes to the Red Sox so I need an outside perspective from some of you that do this stuff on the daily.

I made a few investments here and there and I would like to know where you think these guys would top out at.

Xander bogarts: I have 3 to sell most of which I bought when he was going for around 3-4K. I've watched him rise and fall based on when the updates change and I've seen him top out around 9k I believe. Last I checked he was about 8200. I realize he doesn't have the best power out there and is currently at 90. I fully believe he might get a boost to 91-92 this week with the possibility of maybe going diamond by the all star break. What is your opinion on him possibly going diamond sooner or later and if he doesn't what do you think is a good selling point with him price wise.

Travis shaw: at the start of the game I invested in him heavily buying 35 at 25 stubs a pop. Since then he has topped out at 250 that I've seen. He's been upgraded to 78 overal as of now and though he went through a slump the last week he has started to break out of that. At the start of the season I anticipated he might make it to a low gold. At this point I'd be happy if he got a boost to around 81-82. Same question posed with Xander.

Jackie braddly jr: bought 10 of him before he went on his streak for around 50-100 stubs each. Seen him go as high as 1500 and almost pulled the trigger then but he didn't get the bump to gold. I think this week he might finally go gold. I don't see him topping a 90 rating this year but would like to wait and see with him if he does but if he doesn't go gold this week and is selling for around 1500 again I may just pull the trigger.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #2
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Re: Need market help from the pros

Shaw isnt getting a boost anytime soon. He cant hit lefties and hes still in a slump.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:04 PM   #3
Rookie

I could see Bogaerts' contact against righties go up (he's batting .349 against righties) to like...95. Also, his plate vision should go up. 75 is too low for someone on pace to be the batting champion. I also think his speed should be boosted to somewhere like 65-70, while his "speed" cat should be boosted to 60-65. He's on pace for 20+ steals. With that said, boosts just from those 3 cats should easily allow him to go +1 to a 91 overall, with a chance of +2 to 92 overall, should they boost some other cats (such as clutch; he's batting .403 with runners in scoring position, that's called being clutch).

but i think it'll be at least a month, it not longer, before they consider boosting him to a diamond. i'd say some time after the all-star break, with like a month left in the season.

his value in the next few weeks, could easily go up to 10-12k.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:10 PM   #4
MVP

ph33's Arena

Market dudes, what are you guys doing with Giancarlo Stanton, especially if you've locked him in?

I feel like he may go down to gold and never come back up, but there's been speculation about that for weeks now.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:56 PM   #5
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

OP: I'm in a similar position to you, experience-wise, so take my (non-player-specific) advice with a grain of salt.

Decide what your plan is when you buy a card. Is it a long-term investment? A quick flip? An early-week purchase anticipating a Friday upgrade? A one-day turnaround anticipating an Inside Edge-based popularity boost?

Figure out what return you want on your investment. It's rare that you'll invest for 25 stubs and sell when the common goes diamond. Making 50 stubs on a 50-stub investment is wonderful. Making 200 on a 1k investment is wonderful. Can you make more flipping 3k into 4k, or flipping 3 1ks into 1300s? Long-term investments are great, but don't let your stubs get stuck "waiting" on a guy to go up, if the return isn't going to justify the time.

Keep this example in mind: A lot of guys bought 84OVR Polanco at 900 stubs expecting him to go gold. When he finally did, they sold him for under 1100 stubs. They made sub-100-stub profits when they could have double 900 stubs in an hour's worth of work; never mind they would have made more stubs using Quick Sell! I made some easy stubs buying up 85OVR Polancos for less than 1k and just quick selling them.

Bottom line, you always want your stubs doing work. If you don't know what a particular card is doing for you, sell it and buy cards you can make a plan for!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Rookie

srdclark's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Market dudes, what are you guys doing with Giancarlo Stanton, especially if you've locked him in?

I feel like he may go down to gold and never come back up, but there's been speculation about that for weeks now.
If he's locked in, your choices are to play with him, or feed him to your created player. I wouldn't feed anything above a silver, personally. (Edit: I didn't consider quick selling him. Honestly, I wouldn't quick sell him even if he does go gold. You should be able to make 5k if you're playing the market, and you'll be bummed if you destroy him and he starts playing at diamond level again. Which is entirely counter to my arguments above about letting potential stubs sit, but a locked-in Stanton is a non-renewable resource.)

If he's not locked in, sell that card while it has value. Remember, too - you can flip cards in reverse! If I can sell a Stanton for 45,899 and then buy one for 40,001 (based on current prices) then I'll end up with a Stanton in my collection plus 1308 stubs in profit! OR! I can sell the Stanton now, use the 41k in capital for investments in guys I think will go up tomorrow! Maybe that 41k becomes 50k, and I can still replace my Stanton for 40k (or less, if he drops to gold!) and all I've lost is one evening without Stanton on my DD team and I've made an easy 10k.

Last edited by srdclark; 06-16-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:10 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33

I have locked him in and i barely use him. I am almost thinking of quickselling him for 5k. If he goes gold and stays there i will only get 1k and definitely never use him

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 06-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #8
Rookie

NKRDIBL's Arena

OVR: 1

My opinion. I'm not a long term huge investment type gut. And rather flip cards on the market. My personal opinion would be to sell Xander in a Thursday while everyone anticipates he will get am upgrade.

I'd keep shaw in hopes he has an upgrade to gold where you can get a 1000 stubs per. If he doesn't. It's not a big lose for how little you spent.

With JBJ. I don't see to much where the devs could upgrade him. He spikes to around 1200-1500 every Thursday. Sell him then. Or hope for a gold. I personally don't see him going gold any time soon. Unless he keeps up his power numbers.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »