Home

too many poor sports in DD

This is a discussion on too many poor sports in DD within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-14-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
too many poor sports in DD

ok right now im like 40-20 record( i believe losses and wins in Conquest count towards this as well) but ive played like 2 games that actually went 9 innings, it seems too many players quit after the first 3 or so if they end up going down by a couple runs.

heck, earlier there was a guy i played who quit in the bottom of the first because i scored 1 run. and this guy i just played quit after the 3rd inning after i hit a 2 run homer and was up 5-2. Theres is still plenty of time to get back into the game but too many players just give up because their poor sports and wont play a full game unless they dominate the opposing player it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Pro

Re: too many poor sports in DD

At least they are taking the loss and moving on. Better than someone who tries to get the win by disconnecting.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #3
Rookie

I've run into countless people who quit when you put up a big inning. I could understand the rage quits if big inning never happened in baseball. I've taken my fair share of ridiculous beatings. I've been run ruled. But I'd never quit if I was just losing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Pro

Actually if I'm being blown the f out, it's a good time to just play casually and look for some good pitches to hit. There is the pleasure of competition, but then there is the pleasure of just batting.

Plus you learn by doing. The more pitches you see, the better you become.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Just remember the servers also kick people so it may not be quitting everytime.. I am 34-11 and 6 of my losses are from disconnecting either in a close game or me winning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2016, 10:37 PM   #6
MVP

I haven't quit once, I hope you're not confusing the game freezing with your opponent quitting, I've had 5-10 games freeze on me but I've never actually quit or powered off
Old 04-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

no im not confusing, i usually get the popup saying the player concedes or the player has quit(this one may be a disconnect but ironically it seems to always come after i hit a 2 or 3 run homer, so ya)
Old 04-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

I had a game last night where I went down 8-2 in the 3rd. I didn't have my studs in bc I'm working on the red sox innings challenge so all my players except 3B (Donaldson who is my best player batting .478 10 hr and 24 rbis) and left field ( I forget who I had) were Red Sox players, oh and about 30% of my pitchers were Red Sox. Obviously I was frustrated bc the guy I was playing either had 95+ speed guys and bunted a lot and stole or power lefties. No doubt my worst game this season. I considered conceding but figured **** it I need innings plus it's still early. Ended up coming back to win 10-9 off a 3 run hr in the 9th by Jackie Bradley Jr. I normally won't concede in general unless it's late in a game and I am way behind and I might as well. I got a lot of hate from the guy and it tasted so sweet. I love come backs like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »