Home

Outfield lineup suggestion.

This is a discussion on Outfield lineup suggestion. within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #1
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Outfield lineup suggestion.

For most of this game I have struggled to find 3 outfielders I can be happy with. As it sits right now I have ted Williams in left l, he has been what you would expect batting .295 40 hr and 150 rbi. CF i have puig hitting 2nd in my lineup hitting .310 12 hr and 60 rbi. It's taken me a long time to get to the point of having 2 long term outfielder options that I have been happy with. Currently in right field I have Harper and well despite him being one of the best hitters (statistically) in the game I can do anything with him. Hitting .225 5 he 19 rbi is roughly 200+ at bats. I Officially gave up on him last weak. I tried to sell Harper when he was going for around 82k last week but as soon as I put my order in his price started dropping. Obviously he dropped a lot considering the packs this weekend and last I checked (been playing nothing but the BO3 beta) he was going for 45k. Obviously he is going to go up over the week and I am in no huge hurry to unload him in hopes hey maybe it will turn around.

Now to my main point lol. As far as I'm concerned honestly Harper is dead to me. I also sit on 2 diamond Fernandez's that I don't need or use which were selling for around 28-30k before this weekends crash. That along with a few other doubles of some golds I don't need I'm looking to possibly unload some cards and possibly pick up cutch or trout. 300+ games and never even been teased with pulling either one yet everyone I play has 1 or even both. I'm honestly leaning more towards cashing in for cutch but could use some advice as to if this is wise or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 08:24 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Outfield lineup suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
For most of this game I have struggled to find 3 outfielders I can be happy with. As it sits right now I have ted Williams in left l, he has been what you would expect batting .295 40 hr and 150 rbi. CF i have puig hitting 2nd in my lineup hitting .310 12 hr and 60 rbi. It's taken me a long time to get to the point of having 2 long term outfielder options that I have been happy with. Currently in right field I have Harper and well despite him being one of the best hitters (statistically) in the game I can do anything with him. Hitting .225 5 he 19 rbi is roughly 200+ at bats. I Officially gave up on him last weak. I tried to sell Harper when he was going for around 82k last week but as soon as I put my order in his price started dropping. Obviously he dropped a lot considering the packs this weekend and last I checked (been playing nothing but the BO3 beta) he was going for 45k. Obviously he is going to go up over the week and I am in no huge hurry to unload him in hopes hey maybe it will turn around.

Now to my main point lol. As far as I'm concerned honestly Harper is dead to me. I also sit on 2 diamond Fernandez's that I don't need or use which were selling for around 28-30k before this weekends crash. That along with a few other doubles of some golds I don't need I'm looking to possibly unload some cards and possibly pick up cutch or trout. 300+ games and never even been teased with pulling either one yet everyone I play has 1 or even both. I'm honestly leaning more towards cashing in for cutch but could use some advice as to if this is wise or not.
I have both Cutch and Trout. Trout is a monster i hit 2 2-run home runs in my last game with him. And i just picked up Cutch he went 4-5 in the first game. Early on it seems quite easy to hit with him

http://2kmtcentral.com/18/lineups/6910/teamdavis
Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM   #3
Rookie

LF-Williams
CF-Trout
RF-Harper/Kaline platoon
Old 08-24-2015, 11:06 AM   #4
Rookie

I have both and I'm going to be honest up front. I suck at hitting this year. Never had issues in the past games, but my best average is my created player at .301. I hit better with Cutch, but for some reason he makes errors every game I play him, and I mean every game (if there's a ball hit in the air to him). That has frustrated me to the point that I only play him if I'm up against a lefty. For me, defense means more, so I play Trout every game and use Cutch as a pinch hitter or platoon with Williams against lefties.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #5
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3

Get trout. Good contact power combo not to mention that speed in the outfield is money that no other power hitter has and his arm is pretty decent compared to the other speedy center fielders. Even if you don't hit with him he's still worth it for the speed. And while I've pulled most diamond players in packs (and bought them even before that) I find trout to be the best. Cutch makes a ton of contact but his speed is too low in the game, same as Adam Jones. You might as well spend the extra couple thousand it takes to get trout. But also, with that said, I've been struggling with trout since the update. They lowered his contact and I've definitely felt it. I went from hitting like 370 with him to 305. Still good though.

Last edited by TonyDanzaFan; 08-25-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 08:59 PM   #6
Rookie

I have carlos gonzalez, trout and harper. The latter two have been amazing, and cargo has been solid but slumping after batting 500 his first 60 at bats.

I'm looking to try McCutchen when I get enough stubs
Old 08-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #7
Rookie

Beat LA's Arena

I just bought Trout. He is hitting under .200 for me, but I'm starting to square up the ball much better. This is the same thing that happened with Harper when I was first awarded him. Now he is a beast, and have gotten him close to .300 with 26 HR's. Left field has been a rotating thing, as I'm trying to find nice lead off hitter that can get on base. I had been using Billy Burns, until he stopped hitting. Ben Revere is in there currently, and I am doing okay with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »