Home

Please accept friendly quit if it's lagging!

This is a discussion on Please accept friendly quit if it's lagging! within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-19-2015, 07:40 AM   #1
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4
Please accept friendly quit if it's lagging!

All right, so I was playing the other day with a guy and we had a very high lag during gameplay. Baserunning was not possible to control. After the 1st inning, with the game still tied at 0-0, I sent him a friendly quit proposal, because it was pointless.

After 5 minutes in the game, with the game tied, I don't think it's bad for either side to just quit and start another game in the hope of better connection. No, instead he rejected my friendly quit proposal, so I decided not to concede...

I knew from the start, that my only chance is to play base-to-base offense with a hope for a home-run. I ended up winning 3-0 with a 3run HR.

I sent a message to the guy after the game, saying he should have accepted the friendly quit and that I wanted to quit due to the lag. He replied by saying, that he knew why I was attempting friendly quit, but he wanted to play anyway.

For God's sake guys, just accept friendly quits if it's lagging, this game if for fun and it hurts nobody to end a tie game before it really begins...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 08:04 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Please accept friendly quit if it's lagging!

I always do that, and more often than not the guy accepts it
Old 06-19-2015, 09:27 AM   #3
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

If it's lagging I'll message the guy about a friendly quit before I offer it. Most of the time they just won't reply back. Sometimes they'll do what you said, and want to just play through it. I mean wtf, who wants to play a laggy game? Those people are idiots
Old 06-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

I'll do the same if its laggy I'll said him a friendly quit around the end of the 2nd inning and its 50/50 on if he accepts it or not. For some reason I had someone enter a game with me the other day and straight up conceded after I threw 1 pitch. He had a high amount of games played and his rating was slightly better then mine. Could he have just been entering games and doing that to get his rating down?
Old 06-19-2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag_BoomStick
I'll do the same if its laggy I'll said him a friendly quit around the end of the 2nd inning and its 50/50 on if he accepts it or not. For some reason I had someone enter a game with me the other day and straight up conceded after I threw 1 pitch. He had a high amount of games played and his rating was slightly better then mine. Could he have just been entering games and doing that to get his rating down?
I know people did that a lot of madden and ncaa ultimate team, I've had a few guys do thag to me and that's what I thought it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same thing happened to me the last time I played. It was really bad lag and I asked the guy for a friendly quit as soon as I got up to bat in the second. He waited for a couple minutes then refused. A moment later I tried conceding because the game was unplayable, and again he refused. I continued to play for a couple minutes, but it was too frustrating. Instead of actually quitting I walked away from my PS4 and let him play out the game by himself. My batters stood in and looked at every pitch and never swung. My pitcher would stand on the mound for maybe 15-20 seconds then throw a pitch right down the middle. I ended up losing like 7-0, but the game took over an hour finish.

Afterwards I sent the guy a message telling him that his internet connection was terrible and to accept when somebody is conceding a game. I never heard back.
Old 06-19-2015, 11:47 AM   #7
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Many times it's hard for people to realize and accept they are the ones causing the lag and that it's just a ploy to get you to leave the game. Seems crazy, but people do this when they see either a pitcher they hit poor off of or if their opponents lineup is stacked. In laggy games I try to score a run quickly and then ask for a friendly. I don't think I've ever had someone reject one while I was winning.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:56 PM   #8
Pro

ScouserHUN's Arena

OVR: 4

I play with you guys in the US from Hungary, Europe. About 80% of the time the game is absolutely good, no lag at all. But 20% is lagcity. I know that the distance causes the lag and I have to live with it as a Hungarian baseball fan. I just want people to accept friendly quits if it's laggy...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »