Home

Chapman vs. Doolittle

This is a discussion on Chapman vs. Doolittle within the Diamond Dynasty forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Rookie

Dag_BoomStick's Arena

OVR: 0
Chapman vs. Doolittle

Both roughly the same pitcher. Both strong throwing lefties with the same pitches. Chapman rated at 91 and Doolittle at 90 yet for me personally Doolittle FAR out performs chapman. Doolittle is 7-1 with a .078 era, both his averages are sub .100 and has almost double the innings pitched compared to chapman for me. Chapman is 2-3 with a 4.7 era and I just can't come close to replicating what I can do with Doolittle. Probably gonna sell chap tonight along with maybe a few others to make some moves. I have a couple of solid lefties not in my squad that can do better then chap for me at this point. I've probaly pitched chap around 70 innings now and I can't afford to put him in in tough spots unless I need a lefty to get a couple outs early in a game. I gotta save Doolittle until the end just bc of how dominant he has been for me. Now I know there stats are slightly different and chap can top out at 101 mph while Doolittle will top out at like 97 or so. I know a lot of ppl have both these guys and just curious if anyone else notices a large split between these two guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 AM   #2
Pro

Orange Krush's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Chapman vs. Doolittle

I bought chapman like a month ago, used him for a week, and had to get rid of him. I really liked usin him, but I was just bad with him. I do much better with Doolittle. I don't know what it is, maybe j can control Doolittle pitches better. Maybe I was overzealous with chapman'so fastball and threw it too much. I'm gonna give him another shot sometime soon.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #3
Rookie

I have chapman and he dominates for me. Yet to give up a run almost 15 innings in.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Gambit1193's Arena

I'm planning on buying Chapman soon, hope he isnt bad for me lol. Someone who was horrible for me early on was Neshek! Jeeeeez. Maybe it's cause I leave him in longer than I should. Early on he had like a ERA of 7 for me but I've worked it down to the mid 3s.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 PM   #5
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Chapman can either suck or dominate depending on how you use him. Better players will sit on the change since most people like to use that thinking "They're expecting me to throw high heat, I'll show them." But people know this and sit down and in waiting for the change. I can't tell you how many first pitch HRs I've gotten off Chapman on low and in changeups in the zone.

Same with Doolittle except his fastball isn't that fast and even if you sit change you can still foul off the fastball. With Chapman an up and in fastball is almost untouchable if you sit your PCI low looking for a change.

With both pitchers, get the change down out of the zone. If you're lucky people will just chase and hit weak grounders all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > Diamond Dynasty »