Home

Old 05-02-2024, 10:59 AM   #2121
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: PlayStation 5

Seeing some of the rumors about a potential Horizon Zero Dawn Remake. A lot of remakes/remasters and director's cuts just feel like a cash grab. Where it just feels like they are capitalizing on a popular franchise. I just feel like most of the PS4 titles hold up well and don't need a remake/remaster. Perfect example, the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection remaster. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy didn't need a remaster. I remember playing those games on the PS Plus Collection when the PS5 came out and thinking those games still look great. Games like that could get away with just doing a Next-Gen Patch that just improves the resolution and frame rates. Publishers just don't like doing that type of work if they can't profit off it. I remember a game like Tomb Raider Shadow of the Tomb Raider randomly dropped a next gen patch in early 2021 and didn't really even get any buzz about it either. But, it made that game look and play better than at release. A lot of PS4 games would look and play better without the need of a remaster/remake with just a Next gen. I still want to see a game like Batman Arkham City get a next gen patch because it's hard to play a game like that in 30fps

I get it for games like Silent Hill 2 and MGS 3. Those are the type of remakes I want to see. Those are games that are locked to the PS2/PS3 era.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-02-2024 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2024, 11:30 AM   #2122
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Is anyone beta testing the new psn firmware??? If so how is the new UI? & features? & do you think it releases this month because the new UI has been in beta since mid March.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Operation Sports mobile app
ChiefsFan4Life once a ChiefsFan Always a Chiefs Fan! & A pround member of Chiefs Kingdom & the #1 Fan in the world of the 4x Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs!

Kansas #1 Kansas City Chiefs Fan!
Kansas #1 Kansas Basketball Fan! Rock Chalk!
Old 05-09-2024, 01:23 AM   #2123
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Seeing some of the rumors about a potential Horizon Zero Dawn Remake. A lot of remakes/remasters and director's cuts just feel like a cash grab. Where it just feels like they are capitalizing on a popular franchise. I just feel like most of the PS4 titles hold up well and don't need a remake/remaster. Perfect example, the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection remaster. Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy didn't need a remaster. I remember playing those games on the PS Plus Collection when the PS5 came out and thinking those games still look great. Games like that could get away with just doing a Next-Gen Patch that just improves the resolution and frame rates. Publishers just don't like doing that type of work if they can't profit off it. I remember a game like Tomb Raider Shadow of the Tomb Raider randomly dropped a next gen patch in early 2021 and didn't really even get any buzz about it either. But, it made that game look and play better than at release. A lot of PS4 games would look and play better without the need of a remaster/remake with just a Next gen. I still want to see a game like Batman Arkham City get a next gen patch because it's hard to play a game like that in 30fps

I get it for games like Silent Hill 2 and MGS 3. Those are the type of remakes I want to see. Those are games that are locked to the PS2/PS3 era.
I need MGS4 and all the classic Sony exclusives to make their way to PS5. Outsource if they need to I just want to play them.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:56 AM   #2124
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I need MGS4 and all the classic Sony exclusives to make their way to PS5. Outsource if they need to I just want to play them.
MGS 4 is a game I've been pounding the table for the last several years to be remade, heck even a remaster. I just feel like MGS was a game that was ahead of its time. It's a game that would really do well in today's era. I'm guessing the success of MGS 3 can dictate whether they make more.

But, I want to see more PS3 games get remastered or remade, if this remake/remaster phase won't end. I could also mention games like Heavy Rain(replayed last year, would fit well today), Batman Arkham City, GTA IV. I rather these companies focus on new IP. But, if they are concerned with money grabs, then I would like them to focus on PS3 titles that were very well received
Old 05-13-2024, 08:51 PM   #2125
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

https://sonyinteractive.com/en/news/...entertainment/

New leadership at Sony. Definitely looking like we're getting a showcase this month

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2024, 11:24 PM   #2126
MVP

OVR: 0

Like the co-CEO direction. One for gaming and studios and one for the business aspects. Hoping it works out well. And can't wait for the showcase!!
Old 05-15-2024, 09:00 AM   #2127
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I ended up getting a PlayStation portal about a week ago and I love it. The one time I tried it at home it didn't work well, but I didn't buy it for that and my internet connection isn't that good. However, at my job and other houses it's worked great. It allows me to keep it in my desk at work and play for a few minutes. My skills with it isn't as good as my PlayStation so I'm not going to play a key game in it when the college game comes out. But I can do recruiting, check stats and start up a 2nd dynasty because of it.

Last edited by georgiafan; 05-15-2024 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:26 AM   #2128
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
I ended up getting a PlayStation portal about a week ago and I love it. The one time I tried it at home it didn't work well, but I didn't buy it for that and my internet connection isn't that good. However, at my job and other houses it's worked great. It allows me to keep it in my desk and play for a few minutes. My skills with it isn't as good as my PlayStation so I'm not going to play a key game in it when the college game comes out. But I can do recruiting, check stats and start up a 2nd dynasty because of it.
Same here, I have had zero issues over my network, and the portal runs butter smooth. The screen is amazing, it's not Oled but close to it. I also bought the portal in anticipation for EA College football, can't wait.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »