Home

Old 06-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #41
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: PS VR

Happened to be at a Best Buy for something else, the guy setting up said he'll be doing demos for the next ~6 months at this store. Thought this was a limited time deal, so probably a lot of opportunities if people can't make it out this weekend.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #42
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Got to play it a little bit ago. Share the same feelings as others, a lot of fun, good experience. It reinforces my excitement for the next round of hardware beyond this and the Vive/Rift with higher resolution screens. Eve got a bit muddy imo and is why a lot of these games are stylized (in addition to designing for the power available). Fun game, and I love VR, but resolution will be the biggest thing holding back these gen1 devices and restrict them to specific experiences. That's something Neo/Scorpio/etc can't fix by just adding more power.

Screen was better in the PSVR than the Vive. I don't really notice the screen door effect in either when I'm not looking for it, but easier to see it in HTCs headset.

For many, with 50+ titles out by end of year this will be a really good time. If Sony allowed for non-console usage (SteamVR specifically) my next headset would probably be their follow-up to the PSVR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited by mestevo; 06-26-2016 at 02:44 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:35 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 9

played the shark one at best buy in ann arbor michigan it made me jump when the shark took the door off i bailed after that
Old 06-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #44
L.A. to S.D. to HI

Boltman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadams33
played the shark one at best buy in ann arbor michigan it made me jump when the shark took the door off i bailed after that
The girl in line behind me did that shark one and threw off her headset and straight nope'd it lol.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:51 PM   #45
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
The girl in line behind me did that shark one and threw off her headset and straight nope'd it lol.

Good. Hope she never gets VR so I'm actually able to pre order one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2016, 08:58 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

How much room space do you need for this? Most people I've seen playing it do so sitting down so I'm guessing not a whole lot. But since it does use Move controllers and the camera I figured there was at least the potential for needing to get up and move around.

I'm undecided, especially with NEO on the way. It needs to have some kind of library before I'd consider it at all. But I do already have a Move controller and the PS4 camera, at least.

Last edited by bcruise; 06-26-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #47
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman

lol now I want to try that one but I don't have a best buy close by that has the VR. Closest best buy to me is about 25 minutes away and they don't have the VR.
Old 06-27-2016, 12:01 AM   #48
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
How much room space do you need for this? Most people I've seen playing it do so sitting down so I'm guessing not a whole lot. But since it does use Move controllers and the camera I figured there was at least the potential for needing to get up and move around.

I'm undecided, especially with NEO on the way. It needs to have some kind of library before I'd consider it at all. But I do already have a Move controller and the PS4 camera, at least.
Everything I"ve seen is just sitting/standing, no room-scale experiences. Could change with how they've got things set up, rear sensors on the helmet help w/ occlusion w/ their single camera setup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »