Home

Properly disposing of an XBOX 360 and Hard Drive

This is a discussion on Properly disposing of an XBOX 360 and Hard Drive within the Console/Portable Talk forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
Pro

Dealin Rams's Arena

OVR: 7
Properly disposing of an XBOX 360 and Hard Drive

My old 360 red-ringed and I don't have any plan to replace it at this time...I don't play too many games anymore. I was just curious if anyone can tell me if there's a more secure and/or environmentally responsible way of trashing it other than literally tossing it in the dumpster.

In regards to the hard-drive specifically, do I need to worry about anyone being able to access my credit card info? Since I didn't expect the red-ring, I obviously had not formatted the HD and now don't have any way to do so. So is all my xbox live account info, including credit card number, accessible on the hard drive? Or am I safe just getting rid of it as is? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Properly disposing of an XBOX 360 and Hard Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealin Rams
My old 360 red-ringed and I don't have any plan to replace it at this time...I don't play too many games anymore. I was just curious if anyone can tell me if there's a more secure and/or environmentally responsible way of trashing it other than literally tossing it in the dumpster.

In regards to the hard-drive specifically, do I need to worry about anyone being able to access my credit card info? Since I didn't expect the red-ring, I obviously had not formatted the HD and now don't have any way to do so. So is all my xbox live account info, including credit card number, accessible on the hard drive? Or am I safe just getting rid of it as is? Any advice would be much appreciated.
just stomp it into pieces.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealin Rams

sell it on ebay, people buy broken Xbox's and fix them.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:37 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9

Check Craigslist listings if you don't want to deal with Ebay. Search under "360 mod" and you'll usually find guys fixing red ring 360's at a reasonable price.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »