Home

Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
RRoD

I've got the two light version of the RRoD. Looking at the xbox site it says it is overheated, so I let it cool for a few hours and try again. Still the same thing. Somebody told me that I'll have to pay for the repairs myself because it is the two lights and not the one or three lights. I'm planning on calling xbox tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew if this was true. Also it is over a year old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
Greatness Has Arrived

Burns11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: RRoD

Are both fans running? Does the console have plenty of room for air to move around it (as in not enclosed behind glass, not crammed into a tight space, not sitting on cloth or carpet, etc)?

It could also not be overheating at all, could be a bad sensor.

You might be able to push a bunch and get the repair free, but most likely you'll have to pay.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

That happened to one of my xbox's. Although it said overheatting, there was something permenatly wrong with the xbox. I had taken every precaution that is known to attribute to overheatting and it continued to happen. It got to the point where it would overheat about 5 minutes after turning on the Xbox.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Yuhas
That happened to one of my xbox's. Although it said overheatting, there was something permenatly wrong with the xbox. I had taken every precaution that is known to attribute to overheatting and it continued to happen. It got to the point where it would overheat about 5 minutes after turning on the Xbox.
So did you try to call xobox and have them fix or not. My friend said that if I leave it on it will eventually get 3 rings and that microsoft will fix it then. I'm not sure but I definately don't want to pony up for them to fix their mistake.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by balvarez
So did you try to call xobox and have them fix or not. My friend said that if I leave it on it will eventually get 3 rings and that microsoft will fix it then. I'm not sure but I definately don't want to pony up for them to fix their mistake.
I have two Xbox's so I haven't done anything about it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Console/Portable Talk »