Home

College Hoops 2K8 Has a Bizarre Easter Egg

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2K8 Has a Bizarre Easter Egg within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2022, 11:15 AM   #1
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
College Hoops 2K8 Has a Bizarre Easter Egg

The concept of Easter eggs in media is nothing new. In movies, they’re often included as...

Written By: Chris Huber

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2022, 06:12 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: College Hoops 2K8 Has a Bizarre Easter Egg

wow!!!.
this opens up all types of theories/conspiracies. I wonder if the person who was in charge of designing this part of CH2k8 was a victim.

In all likelihood, the person who was overseeing this part of the game probably just pulled up current news articles, copied and pasted them into the game. With that said, this could be plagiarism
Old 03-20-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

This is extraordinarily strange. I imagine it's just a quick copy-paste thing that was done with whatever news story first came up on Yahoo.com or whatever they the person was using at the time in the studio for getting news and they put it in for testing. Then any number of things could have happened that caused that text to never be verified or screened again. Things like this can happen very easily in a game studio where any number of departments can be working on an element over several days. I've learned working at websites and in games that something like this is only ever as far away of a possibility as someone simply saying, "what's that copy in the text box?... I can't tell, screw it, I'm not gonna send off an email to everyone and wait for someone to get back to me. If it's there, someone probably wanted it there..."
I have literally seen this happen with user facing visuals, copy, and artwork even when it seemed off. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:00 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11
I always thought they should have had a better celebration of championship like 2k6 or 2k7 did smdh
Old 03-21-2022, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I would think that because of the format of how the player picture is in relation to the article, that the cut and pasted the format for the game without removing the text. After watching numerous episodes of Forensic Files and Cold Case files, I do appreciate the theory that maybe someone working on that part may have been involved in the crime… 😅
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2022, 10:24 AM   #6
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
If I had to guess, I would say the developer just wanted some text in there as a "Place Holder" and grabbed the first thing on their screen with the intention of replacing it later....and then other priorities came up and it was forgotten/never noticed.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Delete this, nephew.* This could negatively impact 2K's chances of making a new College Hoops game now that college sports games are coming back.*

After how bad the NBA Live series has been, I believe most of us would choose to play a College Hoops 2K24 game over a March Madness '24 game.*
Old 03-21-2022, 12:12 PM   #8
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

This has the makings of an 8-part true crime podcast.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »