Home

Hex Editing Thread

This is a discussion on Hex Editing Thread within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2016, 10:04 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Hex Editing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
anyway you can share the offsets so we can do some tests ourself?
They may be different if you're on the xbox, but they should be somewhat close

Coach K offset 002403fc

Florida Coach offset 002406b8
his attributes are located at 002406d4 x 1617 (Default attributes are "AA89 8470")
championship slot 002406d4 x 23 (He has one title in the game so you should look for "0102"
wins/losses is at 002406d4 (45=wins/67=losses)

When I use the hex editor I move the top to the left so the bytes are in 4's instead of 2's. That's why you'll see "23" and "1617" it's easier to see in the editor.

Generally just have your original file you're going to edit, then make another save call it "RosterTEST" or "RosterCOACHES" w/e you want. When you export those files use whatever program for xbox to decrypt it and once your in you hex editor (I use Hex Workshop) go "tools" then "compare"

Little edits here and there will show you the differences. That's how I found all of the offsets, by just playing around with edits. Don't forgot to make a notepad with your findings. Some of my other offsets are in the posts above in code.

Code:
No Championships - 0000
1 Championship - 0102
2 Championships - 0202
3 Championships - 030B
4 Championships - 0404
5 Championships - 0505
For the championships, just do 0101, 0202, etc. I think for some coaches it's first part is how many championships, the second part could possibly be the year they won their last title.

Last edited by Brock; 03-10-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:02 PM   #34
MVP

A guideline. It's not always going to look exactly the same but it still follows. This is Michael White from the newest ps3 roster file I updated.

If you highlight, copy then go to "ctrl + g" for jump command, then paste and select go and it will take you to the name bank. (Only on ps3, I don't know how to find names on the 360 files)
Maroon is first name
Orange is last name
Red is the age. (Birth year)
Yellow is the championship(s) slot.
Black is the win/loss.
Purple is coaches attributes.

For the age and win/loss you have to convert hex to dec. This can be done by opening up your calculator and changing the viewing mode to programmer. Make sure hex is selected when you type it in, then select dec and it'll give you a number. i.e. "07b1" would be 1969 and "0065" would be 101

Coaches seem to start at "0000 0000" followed by a few other numbers. The "0015 3AE7 0018 A783" is where his name is stored. They're not going to look the same but they're usually 00 then a number in the teens. I'm trying to figure out how to get the names from those numbers so we'll be able to go from coaches/players through the hex editor, and setup for a potential 3rd party editor.

Quote:
To me having real conferences would be the biggest thing. btw are you doing this on 360 or ps3? I hope both consoles will be able to benefit from an editor
I meant to reply to this directly, but imo I feel like changing the conference sizes would be more benefital, considering you can already change the conferences. But when it comes time to tinker with that, we'll see what can be done first, if at all.

Last edited by Brock; 04-16-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #35
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
I meant to reply to this directly, but imo I feel like changing the conference sizes would be more benefital, considering you can already change the conferences. But when it comes time to tinker with that, we'll see what can be done first, if at all.
well for this, I see two ways: editing conference sizes, without knowing how the game will handle conference tournaments brackets, or editing conference names/types (mid-major, small, etc.) and then doing the manual realignment we already do by switching teams..I hope the first one will be possible
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2016, 12:54 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
well for this, I see two ways: editing conference sizes, without knowing how the game will handle conference tournaments brackets, or editing conference names/types (mid-major, small, etc.) and then doing the manual realignment we already do by switching teams..I hope the first one will be possible
What I meant by conference sizes is Power, Major, etc. If we put I then the big ten in the sun belt (?) Having the ability to change the sun belt to a power conference and the other to a major. Also to you PM, being able to change logos would be perfect as well.

I took a break for now. But if you can it'd be interesting if you could find out some more info.

Also where you able to edit your coach?
Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 PM   #37
MVP

Mind is freaking blown! I just found where the conferences are at in the roster file, I was able to change the founded date... I think I may be able to change the conference sizes! Pics in coming.

Spoiler

Last edited by Brock; 02-27-2016 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #38
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Mind is freaking blown! I just found where the conferences are at in the roster file, I was able to change the founded date... I think I may be able to change the conference sizes! Pics in coming.

Spoiler
OMG! I really hope we can change conference size. That would make this game 100% playable for me for the rest of my life!!!

On another note I am gonna look more into hex editing. I have already read a little into it, so I'm gonna download Hex Workshop right now. Is there anything else I should download?
Old 02-27-2016, 08:19 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRosterMaster
OMG! I really hope we can change conference size. That would make this game 100% playable for me for the rest of my life!!!

On another note I am gonna look more into hex editing. I have already read a little into it, so I'm gonna download Hex Workshop right now. Is there anything else I should download?
That's all your going to need, along with a notepad! Just look about 2 posts up, there's a reference image to the coaching file, it will probably be different locations depending on console/roster.

In addition to my findings. I'm currently writing down the offsets to the conferences, I'm about to take a break to edit.

I believe the conference sizes are broken down like this:
0000 - small
0001 - mid-major
0002 - major
0003 - power

I'll post pics if I'm successful with this theory.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:25 PM   #40
MVP

TheRosterMaster's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
That's all your going to need, along with a notepad! Just look about 2 posts up, there's a reference image to the coaching file, it will probably be different locations depending on console/roster.

In addition to my findings. I'm currently writing down the offsets to the conferences, I'm about to take a break to edit.

I believe the conference sizes are broken down like this:
0000 - small
0001 - mid-major
0002 - major
0003 - power

I'll post pics if I'm successful with this theory.
thanks bro! what you are doing is great for the remaining people of the community. Long live CHOOPS 2K8!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »