Home

The Cagey Veteran Amongst a Group of Flashy Youngsters

This is a discussion on The Cagey Veteran Amongst a Group of Flashy Youngsters within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Cagey Veteran Amongst a Group of Flashy Youngsters

For my money (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw...=operasport-20), College Hoops 2K8 remains the most fun you can have with a basketball game.

Of course, that statement says just as much about the quality of 2K’s College Hoops swansong (superb) as it does about the quality of the competition in this year’s playing field (mediocre).

While many football fans have already gotten used to revisiting retired superstars for a virtual fix of their favorite sport, it would be nice if basketball fans were not forced to carry out a similar fate.

Read More - The Cagey Veteran Amongst a Group of Flashy Youngsters
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
best sports game of all time. Yes even better than baseball stars and tecmo bowl. I'd buy the game without any real colleges if they would make it
Old 02-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4
While I still think baseball stars is the best sports game ever, this is my pick for best basketball game ever. Good article. Only problem is that 2k8 left out my huge feature in their create-a-team mode. You dont get to create your uniforms. All that detail and they leave with a crappy generic version of whatever you picked as your main colors. They even let you pick your cheerleaders uniforms and the color of the backboard, but not your team uni. I never understood that.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
As much as I actually enjoy (and prefer) NCAA Basketball 09 this year, I can't disagree with anything you said. CH 2k8 is the most complete game I have ever played......I just think I played too much of it over the years to the point where it was getting kind of stale to me. But there is no denying that it IS a great game.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 5
CH2k8 is definitley the deepest playable sports vidoegame. If they updated animations for the game it would be nuuuuuuuutsss.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Definately agree with everyone here. 2K8 is the deepest sports game I've played. If it had 2K9's animations and was as fluid I would be in love.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
I've only had the game a month, and I'm mad I waited so long. This game is so much fun, and the presentation truly sucks you in. I'll be playing this for a long time.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #8
Rookie

KCsFinest5's Arena

OVR: 10
nope

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »