Home

Team Unity, Clutch, and 6th Man?

This is a discussion on Team Unity, Clutch, and 6th Man? within the College Hoops 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #1
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Team Unity, Clutch, and 6th Man?

I've been playing this game for over a year and still have no idea how these affect gameplay. I think it's been suggested before but does anyone know if 'Clutch On" causes the computer to make more shots near the end of the game if they are losing? Also, what do most of you guys have Team Unity set at and do you play with 6th Man on or off? Thanks for the feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
Rookie

BoDontThinkSo's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Team Unity, Clutch, and 6th Man?

I have my clutch off because it gives the player an unnecessary ratings boost towards the end of the game. If a player is good for you he will be clutch for you anyways. Clutch should be off. As for Team Unity, I have mine off, but i dont know what others do with it. I noticed that with updated 09 rosters that team unities are oddly low for almost every team, I would turn this off. 6th man is something that I do have on however. I think that in college basketball home court advantage is legit and players seem to play off the emotion and excitement of the home stadium. These are just my opinions, Im interested to see what others think.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:10 AM   #3
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

I've turned them all off.

6th Man was to overdone.

Team Unity produces too many upsets.

Clutch just doesn't make sense, I think its more of a comeback type thing.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
All Star

crques's Arena

Thanks for the feedback. I have been playing with Clutch on, 6th Man on, and Team Unity at 40 since I got the game but here lately I've noticed that teams have been coming back way too much against me in the 2nd half. I was thinking of playing around with some sliders and that was one of them. Most of the games I've played in the past were with smaller schools in Legacy mode so I didn't pay much attention to it. Here lately I've been using some larger schools and I've noticed I've had trouble putting away teams that I should consistently beat by 20+ points.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

I've been playing with all three on myself and have noticed the same thing. I started playing again as Michigan. Given they weren't good last year but I would be winning by 10-15 points in the second have and all of a sudden I couldn't make a layup and the CPU were draining 3 after 3. I ended my season 22-12 and probably half the loses I had double digit leads in the second half.

With this info I am going to turn off clutch and unity and see what happens this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

crques, what slider set are you using?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
All Star

crques's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
crques, what slider set are you using?
I use my own All American level sliders. I can't remember what I have everything set on though.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Clutch factor On is the reason for out of nowhere come backs, tecmo bowled games where you or the CPU can't make a shot for a long period of time in a game but the other team is shooting lights out...I have this OFF

Team unity only gives awr boost, I play with this at 100 but I have off awr at 0...basically the more chrmistry a team has the better shot selection and they won't take too many quick shots(close shot tendency at 100, mid range 100, 3pt 50 and drive 100 = heaven!)

6man I have on which just gives stamina boost I believe

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K > College Hoops 2K Sliders »