Home

Week 1 Discussion

This is a discussion on Week 1 Discussion within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Week 1 Discussion

We've loosened ourselves up, dipped out toes in the water. Now it's time to jump head first into it.

We have walked down the hall and took a peak at the Christmas tree, now our parents are up and it's time to un-wrap and de-box all of our gifts.

The appetizers are over, now it is the time for the feast.

For five straight days, there will be a steady stream of football streamed directly to your picture box device and played locally in your nearest stadium.

There is no more waiting, no more counting down. This is it, the moment we've been thinking directly or indirectly about since January. Eight months have passed since Clemson defeated Alabama in one of the all-time great games in college football history, and now every other takes their first step toward (or away from) contention for a playoff spot. I only ask one thing of you, reader: enjoy it. Watch the games, no matter the quality. Go tailgate all damn day, go see your alma mater play. Go to a G5 or FCS game on Thursday. Because it will leave as soon as it left and we'll be counting down once again.

The Schedule

Watson's Viewing Guide
Spoiler

And now, a word: Saturday, I will be in New Orleans to watch my Alma Mater play BYU. I will have fun, but I won't forget why I'm in New Orleans and now Houston. I have a certain affinity for Houston because after Katrina the city and people of Houston bent over backwards to help out the people of my state and now I am hoping to give what I can back to them. I urge you to donate what you can to any charity or benefit of your choice, be it a thousand dollars, 10 bucks, a pallet of water, or a jar of peanut butter. Anything helps. Some of you gave to me when I lost my home last year in a flood and I am grateful more than you know, but now Houston needs your help like I did.

And that's it. I'm gonna cut you loose here, there is football this weekend and there is smacked that needs to be talked.

Have at it boys.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #2
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Week 1 Discussion

Shiz over there complaining there wasn't a thread yesterday, now I'm posting in here before him. Michigan Man coming up short, smh.

Been ready for this Florida/Michigan game for awhile. Even if Florida vs. Michigan doesn't really go in the Gators favor usually. Gators need to come out and surprise everyone. Would be nice to finally have a QB again.

Washington needs to just stomp out Rutgers quick and stay healthy on Friday.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

No mention of USC-WMU?! Lol. JK. May start a sling TV trial Thursday. May just go with PlayStation Vue so I can DVR the Bama-FSU game during my fantasy draft.

Didn't know BYU-LSU got moved till just now. I'm in eastern PA but my family evacuated Houston to North Texas. Most of my friends there seem to be okay somehow. Apparently it's affecting different parts of the town differently.

Academic dispute: I think FAU could be exciting and Navy is usually good. Washington-Rutgers is gonna be like a reverse tune up game.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:46 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Dad is a Georgia Tech alum. I'm a Tennessee alum. His Father's Day present was tickets to the game for us. Pretty excited to see the new stadium.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:06 PM   #5
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Texas/Maryland for the start of the Herman era! #HookEmHorns!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2017, 07:08 PM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

"Houston Football’s scheduled season opener for Saturday at UTSA has been postponed as the universities will explore rescheduling the game for a date later in the season."
Old 08-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I was at LSU's first game after Katrina when they moved it to Tempe while I was in college and I don't know if being at Houston's first game after Harvey will be as memorable for me but for some reason out of the 80ish college football games I've been to, that was one that I remember more vividly than just about all of them. 12 years ago and it feels like yesterday.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:51 PM   #8
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
I was at LSU's first game after Katrina when they moved it to Tempe while I was in college and I don't know if being at Houston's first game after Harvey will be as memorable for me but for some reason out of the 80ish college football games I've been to, that was one that I remember more vividly than just about all of them. 12 years ago and it feels like yesterday.
I'm sure the fact that it was a great game with a bonkers ending helps.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »