Home

Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

This is a discussion on Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here? within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #25
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Any collectors of Riddell pocket pro helmets on here?

can someone please go over the process of making a custom? I' am interested in expanding my collection

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore, favorite place on land

Ocracoke, favorite place island in the world and I'm going in a week from today [June 15]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 01:14 AM   #26
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOheels2627
can someone please go over the process of making a custom? I' am interested in expanding my collection
Well I'm pretty new at this too, and still perfecting my technique (much of which I've learned through the advice of coogrfan), but here's what I do:

I start by removing logos from the helmet by rubbing it with Brasso (metal polish) on a cloth/rag.

Then I gloss it up to make it nice and shiny: (from page 1 of this thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pledge-Flo...fl-oz/15136693

Note that Johnson in their wisdom has chosen to market several floor care products with very similar looking packaging but wildly different formulas (i.e. non-acrylic). Be sure you get the right one!

Pour some in a container deep enough to submerge the helmet. Remove the facemask. Using tweezers, grasp the helmet by the nose bumper and dip it until it's completely covered, then slowly lift it out allowing the excess to drip off. Place the helmet on a paper towel to wick away any remaining excess and cover it so that no dust settles on it while it's drying (I use a large coffee cup). It should be dry to the touch within 30-60 mins.

Now it's ready for new decals:

Personally, I just google the team's logo, and save an image....Then I adjust the size with photoshop/paint/whatever you have, and print it on a sheet of normal paper, so I can cut it out and try it on the helmet for size before using up the decal paper.

Once I'm satisfied with the size, I print it on the decal paper, and basically follow this, starting with "DECALS:" http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutori...ls-labels.html

I believe this tutorial also contains the URLs for the decal paper I use, as well as the set and solvent.

I'm relatively new at this also, so just try this out, and tweak it to what works for you. and take advantage of coogrfan's tips throughout this thread. good luck!
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #27
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votto4MVP
Well I'm pretty new at this too, and still perfecting my technique (much of which I've learned through the advice of coogrfan), but here's what I do:

I start by removing logos from the helmet by rubbing it with Brasso (metal polish) on a cloth/rag.

Then I gloss it up to make it nice and shiny: (from page 1 of this thread)

Now it's ready for new decals:

Personally, I just google the team's logo, and save an image....Then I adjust the size with photoshop/paint/whatever you have, and print it on a sheet of normal paper, so I can cut it out and try it on the helmet for size before using up the decal paper.

Once I'm satisfied with the size, I print it on the decal paper, and basically follow this, starting with "DECALS:" http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/tutori...ls-labels.html

I believe this tutorial also contains the URLs for the decal paper I use, as well as the set and solvent.

I'm relatively new at this also, so just try this out, and tweak it to what works for you. and take advantage of coogrfan's tips throughout this thread. good luck!
would it be possible to paint a different color helmet to the color you want? and any tips on doing stripes?

Cincinnati Bengals

Ocracoke, favorite place island in the world and I'm going in a week from today [June 15]
Old 08-03-2014, 01:28 PM   #28
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

For painting a different color, coogrfan addressed that earlier in this thread... That's still something I need to work on too.

For stripes, I use decals that I make using adobe illustrator. If you don't have that, I'm sure you could do the same with paint
Old 08-03-2014, 01:37 PM   #29
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

Quote:
For painting a different color, coogrfan addressed that earlier in this thread... That's still something I need to work on too.

For stripes, I use decals that I make using adobe illustrator. If you don't have that, I'm sure you could do the same with paint
yep, I'm working on an Illinois custom and in illustrator I made the logo that Illinois used. Thanks for the tips.

Cincinnati Bengals

Old 08-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #30
Rookie

Votto4MVP's Arena

NP. Feel free to post finished pics
Old 08-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #31
Rookie

GOheels2627's Arena

Quote:
NP. Feel free to post finished pics
just sprayed the helmet and the facemask, the helmet didn't do great, but the facemask turned out well, going to try to use sandpaper on the helmet

Cincinnati Bengals

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #32
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Fyi - when using spray cans several light coats with 15-20 mins between each coat works best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »