Home

Old 04-28-2024, 09:42 PM   #6313
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

I saw that Ennis announcement.

I actually know Crowley - at first I was so happy for him, but then saw the split and that really sucks man. 500k.

He's had a hard time getting big fights and this may be as big as it gets. Maybe he could convince Garcia to fight him if he loses to test the waters at '47? That would be a really big payday but I doubt Garcia would be interested because there's no crazy drama there....
Old 04-29-2024, 01:08 PM   #6314
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

https://411mania.com/mma/jake-paul-v...ssional-fight/

Its now an actual fight and not an exhibition

Old 05-01-2024, 10:03 PM   #6315
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Gracia fails piss test. PEDs galore.
Fight should be no contest. Purse goes to Haney.
Suspended for minimum 24 months.

Garcia fails weight, takes PEDs, and barely wins.

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2024, 01:15 AM   #6316
All Star

OVR: 13

Well, to be fair, his "A" sample is reported to have tested positive, and it hasn't been confirmed with the "B" sample. For whatever it's worth, Garcia denied the report. So, for now still an open question, but....

I mean, would it surprise anybody if Garcia was confirmed to have tested positive for PED's? At this point, I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't test positive.
Old 05-02-2024, 07:35 AM   #6317
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Well, to be fair, his "A" sample is reported to have tested positive, and it hasn't been confirmed with the "B" sample. For whatever it's worth, Garcia denied the report. So, for now still an open question, but....

I mean, would it surprise anybody if Garcia was confirmed to have tested positive for PED's? At this point, I'd almost be more surprised if he didn't test positive.
This is always the case when someone pisses dirty.
They always wait for the B sample, which is always dirty too.
And it looks like Garcia is tearing a page from every other cheat out there by saying it's from the legal supplements he took.

His pre and post fight tests both came back positive for PEDs. VADA also confirmed PEDs in their independent tests.

For reference;
Ostarine is a selective androgen receptor modulator that attaches to proteins in the body and effectively tells muscles to grow. It is used to aid performance by helping athletes build muscle mass and enhance their rate of fat loss and also to increase stamina and recovery ability

Nandrolone increases muscle strength and mass, and speeds up recovery.

I think it's hysterical that this dude took drugs to make him bigger and stronger while also giving him a stamina boost and he struggled to get a MD after knocking his opponent down 3x.
He can't make 140 anymore and will be forced to fight at 145-147. If he's not allowed to cheat to be a competitive fighter he will be absolutely murdered at welterweight.
Old 05-02-2024, 02:53 PM   #6318
All Star

OVR: 13

I don't doubt that Garcia will eventually be found to have taken PED's, I'm just saying that technically it's unconfirmed (if the reports I read were accurate). While it is a rare occurrence for the "A" and "B" samples to disagree, it's not "always" the case that the "B" sample is positive, which is the whole reason they take a "B" sample to begin with. It sometimes (admittedly rarely) conflicts, and most of the time you never hear anything about it because that's considered an unconfirmed or negative test.

All that having been said, the vast majority of the time, the 2 samples show the same thing. I think someone testing positive can even waive their right to have their "B" tested (or insist on it) depending on their level of conviction.

I'm surprised at the amateur level of the approach to doping that Garcia took here, though - synthetic androgens have been around since the 1950's and their pharmacokinetic properties are very well documented. Anyone engaged in using PED's with as high of a profile as Ryan Garcia ought to be able to get some consultants to help them dope without being caught on a standard (and entirely expected) fight week doping test.
Old 05-04-2024, 06:10 PM   #6319
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I don't doubt that Garcia will eventually be found to have taken PED's, I'm just saying that technically it's unconfirmed (if the reports I read were accurate). While it is a rare occurrence for the "A" and "B" samples to disagree, it's not "always" the case that the "B" sample is positive, which is the whole reason they take a "B" sample to begin with. It sometimes (admittedly rarely) conflicts, and most of the time you never hear anything about it because that's considered an unconfirmed or negative test.

All that having been said, the vast majority of the time, the 2 samples show the same thing. I think someone testing positive can even waive their right to have their "B" tested (or insist on it) depending on their level of conviction.

I'm surprised at the amateur level of the approach to doping that Garcia took here, though - synthetic androgens have been around since the 1950's and their pharmacokinetic properties are very well documented. Anyone engaged in using PED's with as high of a profile as Ryan Garcia ought to be able to get some consultants to help them dope without being caught on a standard (and entirely expected) fight week doping test.
Lol he knew exactly what he was taking and their is a reason why he chose to come in overweight, His team knew he was on PEDs and the predictable denial even though he was shown positive tests is maddening because you can kill someone in the ring with this advantage. He will test positive for B sample but will still deny deny and people will defend him with conspiracies!! Delahoya Hopkins Garcia all shady. Haney took a illegal beating he might not recover from!!
Old 05-05-2024, 03:17 PM   #6320
Rookie

Kayla's Arena

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez beat his countrymen Jaime Munguia by a unanimous points decision to retain his WBA, WBC, WBO and IBF super-middleweight titles in Las Vegas.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »