Home

Boxing Off-Topic

This is a discussion on Boxing Off-Topic within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-04-2022, 06:21 PM   #5913
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Boxing Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
The greats have composure in the ring always even in the midst of getting fire thrown at them stevenson is never rattled and he has a confidence in himself and his boxing skills that is rare for someone his age!! Ive only seen a couple of fights where a boxer dismantles his opponent to a point he has the opponent scared to punch and did not know where the punches he was getti hit with were coming g from!! valdez was scared to death by the 8 th round !!
Only Success VAldez had was that stright right - no telegraph - to me besides Stevenson being a much better boxer overall, was that Valdez looked so awkward trying to deal with a southpaw. His entire left half was neutralized because he didin't throw any jabs and was so off balance and out of position trying to throw the hook. VERY early he landed a couple of good jabs but after that all he had were those straight rights landing right at the end the punch and the occasional body punch.

Not to take credit away at all, a lot of that had to do with Stevenson's distance management and movement for sure - valdez just looked lost out there.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:45 PM   #5914
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
Only Success VAldez had was that stright right - no telegraph - to me besides Stevenson being a much better boxer overall, was that Valdez looked so awkward trying to deal with a southpaw. His entire left half was neutralized because he didin't throw any jabs and was so off balance and out of position trying to throw the hook. VERY early he landed a couple of good jabs but after that all he had were those straight rights landing right at the end the punch and the occasional body punch.

Not to take credit away at all, a lot of that had to do with Stevenson's distance management and movement for sure - valdez just looked lost out there.
some good points but when a fighter doesn't throw a certain punch consistently its usually because there giving a opening and getting either beaten to the punch or counterpunched!! the genius of Stevenson is that he neutralized vdez jab and allowed valdez to throw a long straight right lead which he started counterpunching!! the last 3 rounds baldez was not opeming up anything his corner begged him to throw he looked at them like you go out there and take them shots because I cant see where they coming from!! stevenson is gaining more and more confidence and his man strength is starting to come!!
Old 05-07-2022, 03:01 PM   #5915
Pro

steelcityjames's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm hoping for a Bivol win tonight just to shake up the boxing world. However.... I don't think Bivol hits hard enough to get a stoppage against Alvarez and I think it's nearly impossible to get 2 out of 3 judges to score a fight AGAINST Canelo as long he remains boxing's biggest cash cow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2022, 05:55 PM   #5916
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjames
I'm hoping for a Bivol win tonight just to shake up the boxing world. However.... I don't think Bivol hits hard enough to get a stoppage against Alvarez and I think it's nearly impossible to get 2 out of 3 judges to score a fight AGAINST Canelo as long he remains boxing's biggest cash cow.
I was just telling my brother that I think Canelo is ripe to get beat tonight. Bivol is so much bigger and can match his hand speed!! his jab will-give canelo problems as welll!! I also didnt like the fact that canelo went to that baldez fight last week!! it gives aclook of not being focused and opens him up to catching covid!! at the weigh n canelo just didnt look or act like his fiery self !! dont know but this is interesting
Old 05-08-2022, 12:20 AM   #5917
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Canelo looks slow.
Not nearly the handspeed he usually displays.
Plodding, one punch at a time...
I have Bivol up 5-2

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2022, 12:23 AM   #5918
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

I wonder if the weight is too much for Alvarez.
By the looks of the two fighters, I'd bet Canelo weighed more than Bivol when entering the ring.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2022, 12:29 AM   #5919
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Wish I had bought the fight now.
Old 05-08-2022, 12:39 AM   #5920
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena