Home

Fight Night Champion Demo final thoughts!!(Mack Mittenz)

This is a discussion on Fight Night Champion Demo final thoughts!!(Mack Mittenz) within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
Fight Night Champion Demo final thoughts!!(Mack Mittenz)

*Darn punch and movement lag!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Fight Night Champion Demo final thoughts!!(Mack Mittenz)

The guy Mack was fighting is the type of gamer that is going to get his butt handed to him this year because they don't have all of the usual exploits.

I agree with Mack about illegalities, why are they even allowed? Two low blows while in a stun state, weren't they going to at least remove the option while you were hurt this year?

I don't have the response issue (PS3) but from a wireless standpoint if the PS3 isn't close to the router I can have issues. I will probably fight hardwired anyway just to eliminate any further lag on my part.

At least this year they have given us the chance to counteract any cheese we may see, including the jab/straight body spam.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
The guy Mack was fighting is the type of gamer that is going to get his butt handed to him this year because they don't have all of the usual exploits.

I agree with Mack about illegalities, why are they even allowed? Two low blows while in a stun state, weren't they going to at least remove the option while you were hurt this year?

I don't have the response issue (PS3) but from a wireless standpoint if the PS3 isn't close to the router I can have issues. I will probably fight hardwired anyway just to eliminate any further lag on my part.

At least this year they have given us the chance to counteract any cheese we may see, including the jab/straight body spam.
So, you are saying the controls are responsive? If you throw three punches they come out at the same time you throw on the sticks or buttons?
Old 02-17-2011, 11:57 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

In the demo, I noticed the clock is moving faster. (double-time, 2 seconds tick away for every second) Is it assumed that in the final version of the game, the clock will move at a normal speed or there will be an option to choose between regular speed and double speed? In past Fight Night demos, has the clock always ticked away faster in the demo?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
So, you are saying the controls are responsive? If you throw three punches they come out at the same time you throw on the sticks or buttons?
mine is not that bad I'm sure of it. Also, that's not a 1,2,3 - that a 2,2,2.

The thing is, I don't care if that's slower than reality just for gaming sakes. I'd rather punch combinations fly out faster with changes in arms. The only exception being the double jab.

A good example of this being wrong is ufc 2010 where if I remember correctly, same arm combo's are at times faster depending on the punch which is BS.

The 1,2 in this game imo is perfectly acceptable. Part of his problem may also be pac's animation - in the end I don't care and prefer the way it is with alternating arms being faster.

YES there is some imput lag, but it's not as exaggerated as he's making it seem. one positive is this may cause people to be more conservative once's they qued up a bunch of punches and realize they can't play like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12

It's not so much the animation lag but the internet lag is really the big problem if you ask me.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #7

OVR: 34

I reall am not bothered by the lag, but as said many times over, why they insist on adding illegal blows like that is beyond me.

They are purposefully mapping a button so when you press it your head lunges out to strike your opponent. That right there sheds light on how serious they take the sport.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
If not it's pretty close. Facing the cpu or human online i can't see a difference. I usually am able to throw the punch I want when I want. The is a delay when blocking, but I think it has more to do with game engine/code/reflex rating than and delay from controller input. The animation still starts almost immediately. I have a PS3 slim in case anyone is curious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »