Home

Any help dealing with robopunchers?

This is a discussion on Any help dealing with robopunchers? within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Any help dealing with robopunchers?

Alright, so a good deal of the fights I've had online since I started the game, my opponent seems to be real partial to throwing a million hooks to the body, and eventually the head the entire fight. Against some of them, I can punish them by pushing off and throwing some haymakers, which they walk into because they are punching literally the entire time. But alas, this doesn't work against all of them. It seems like they never get tired, and at some points they can interrupt the push and I *think* the body shots literally suck you in a bit, in addition to slowing you down. Annndddd it seems as if circling away from your opponent actually draws you to him.

The deck seems stacked, but perhaps I'm just not as good of a counter-puncher as I need to be. Any help would be much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Any help dealing with robopunchers?

i found a great but also cheap way to counter this, if u rapidly block, u will get a lot of those perfect blocks which inturn counters them for a lot of damage

i won against somebody 14-0 doing this so it works

rapidly block to offset the rapid punching

u will hear the sound that gives the the perfect block then..........bam
Old 06-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Blocking. If you use this, you will rarely lose.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Oh, I was a blocking. It isn't for a lack of trying to be defensive. I will give the block timing a try, I had done this some and it worked a bit.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:48 AM   #5
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflog
Oh, I was a blocking. It isn't for a lack of trying to be defensive. I will give the block timing a try, I had done this some and it worked a bit.
No offense, you couldn't have been blocking. It is a chess game...if he connects, your stamina goes down. If you block, his does. Block, block, and more block. When his yellow meter is down, attack. Rinse and repeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflog
Patience is very important against robopunchers. You have to let them punch themselves out, while countering and moving around the ring. Also you have to realize you may lose the first couple of rounds, but by rounds 3, 4, and 5, there stamina will be shot.

It is also very important to remember not fall into there slugfest mentality and this is boxing you will lose at times, and like Teddy figure out how you let your opponent win.
Old 06-27-2009, 03:48 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

There is no help because the stamina is broken. If help dealing with robopunchers means you need to become a roboblocker then the game is broken. Patience is not the answer and it is a chess game if you call me knocking all of your pieces on the floor and yelling checkmate chess. You can only block so many of the couple of hundred of punches per round. And by round 3,4,5 they get enough points from the hundred that landed that corner keeps the stamina high. It's broken.

Last edited by gbeazy; 06-27-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbeazy
There is no help because the stamina is broken. If help dealing with robopunchers means you need to become a roboblocker then the game is broken. Patience is not the answer and it is a chess game if you call me knocking all of your pieces on the floor and yelling checkmate chess. You can only block so many of the couple of hundred of punches per round. And by round 3,4,5 they get enough points from the hundred that landed that corner keeps the stamina high. It's broken.
I think you're right. I haven't play online yet, and I probably never will if they don't patch it. But offline I am having a blast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »