Home

Community Event Updates

This is a discussion on Community Event Updates within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Community Event Updates

Hey guys, I'll try to do my best and update on anything during the community event.
And remember, everything that Complex or I (or anyone at the event for that matter) can reveal is totally dependant on the NDA so don't blame us if we can't blab about everything.

Anyway, I'm in Vancouver now and got a really cool surprise while waiting for my connecting flight in Dallas. I bumped into a few members of the EA Tiberon team from Orlando. Very nice guys and very excited to see what the EAC team has in store for FN Rd4.

It sounds like everyone being invited to this event is going out for a late supper (8pm PST).
But tomorrow is the big day as we'll actually get to see the game in action.

I know that Complex and I will do our best to update any news as it comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Re: Community Event Updates

P.S. How I bumped into the Tiberon group was pretty cool. I was walking to my departure gate when I saw a 'familiar' face. It was Will Kinsler from the Fight Night blog (5 things to look forward to).
I approached him and introduced myself. I think he was a bit shocked that someone recognized him from the video.

Anyway, he divulged a bit of detail in his grudge match against Jason Thompson.
It sounds like it was pretty tense and Will (fighting as Ali) suffered a knock-down early in the fight, but was able to floor Tyson in the 12th round before losing via decision.
It looks like there's a rematch in store, but he wondered how many of the community leaders would be interested in watching that while visiting the studio.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to see two guys, who know how to play the game, get it on. That would give us a lot of detail of how realistic this game could be.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Looking forward to reading the details, enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-22-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Can't wait Money...have fun... you too SHAKYR

Last edited by Motown; 02-22-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Money, you know your mission....do not fail us. .

DOn't get roped in by the lights and glamour. Report to them anything you see left over from the last games that made them suspect and try to make sure they get that career mode right. I know they'll have the on-line portion playing very well.

Speaking of online. Could you see if they ever have any intention of making an online legacy like NCAA football where we could have 12 guys battling through the rankings fighting both the AI and humans. Now that would be off the chain.(Do people still use that expression?)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #6
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Hey Money, did you meet Rob Smith yet? He's Wepeeler off of here. He's my fellow Fifa nut, but he's big on Fight Night, too!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 02-23-2009, 08:37 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Hey Money, did you meet Rob Smith yet? He's Wepeeler off of here. He's my fellow Fifa nut, but he's big on Fight Night, too!
I sure have! He's a really cool guy. We actually went out for beers after the initial EA supper had ended.

Everyone from the event seems to be really nice guys (and one gal). In fact, the young lady who's representing her particular website is really good at FN Rd3.

During the supper they had two Xbox 360's hooked up on two of the plasma's at the sports bar and grill. She walked away with a winning record.

Well, tomorrow we start our day at 8am. I'm not 100% sure what's on the docket, but it sounds like we're heading to breakfast and then to another one of EA's offices before we get to the main building around noon.
I couldn't hear what sk88z had said about the first stop so I'm not entirely sure.
But it seems almost certain there's going to be a former, or current pro-boxer present during the 'main event'. No idea who that might be at the moment.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Money, you know your mission....do not fail us. .

DOn't get roped in by the lights and glamour. Report to them anything you see left over from the last games that made them suspect and try to make sure they get that career mode right. I know they'll have the on-line portion playing very well.

Speaking of online. Could you see if they ever have any intention of making an online legacy like NCAA football where we could have 12 guys battling through the rankings fighting both the AI and humans. Now that would be off the chain.(Do people still use that expression?)
LOL. If nobody still uses that expression we'll work to bring it back.

Regarding going blind to the glamor and lights, I know that both Complex and I are going to do our best in getting the most out of this event. If we see something we didn't like in FNRd3 that's still in Round 4 we'll bring it up.
None of the developers were at the dinner, but the EA rep, sk88z, was there and he made it very clear that the developers want to hear feedback and they're all HUGE boxing fans who are well aware of past FN shortcomings.

I should add that all of the community guys present seem to be very hard-core boxing fans and they're all very outspoken about what RD3 did wrong and what needs to be addressed. I mean, Shakyr (Poetic2K) is here and look at that giant list he composed. I'll be shocked if he sits on his hands. In fact, I think the developers have a pandoras box about to be opened on their arses. Wepeeler is very outspoken as well so I know he'll be saying exactly what needs to be said.
I have no doubt between the dozen or so of us at this event will get to the bottom and unturn every rock that needs to be investigated in getting all the information there is regarding this game. And at the same time, I'm very confident that the developers are going to get a very loud and clear message as to what boxing fans want from EA and their FN brand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »