Home

Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Undisputed Content Update Adds More Fighters, Venues, AI Improvements & More - Patch Notes within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-12-2023, 07:44 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Undisputed Early Access Impressions - Coming for the Belt

I played the Wilder vs Louis undisputed level prize fight and it really exposed how flawed and cheap the game is.

-The damage system makes no sense. I could get his c.head damage all the way down. But I couldn't get a knockdown because subsequent punches would land the left or right side of the head. Makes no sense.

-Cpu throws way too many body punches.

-CPU's stamina was down to 19% by the 6th round. Never got any lower all the way through the 15th. His power seemed to be unaffected by his lack of stamina as well. His punches were causing more damage than mine.

-The stamina may cause punches to go slower. But the blocking and counters were still lightning fast. Not affected at all by stamina.

-Punches feel artificially inaccurate. Wilder was constantly short arming straights. Some punches would land to the body but register as a miss.

-Facial damage still doesn't get worse. Never can get a cut or swelling to go beyond the first bar. I even tested this on multiplayer with two controllers.

The game is enjoyable when it's working properly. But it just misses the mark too often in its current form. Hopefully they keep the frequent updates coming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2023, 07:34 PM   #82
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

All I can hope is that they're continuing to improve the product ....Here's notes from yesterdays update. Keep us informed early adapters and much thanks.

Quote:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/...30426578961177

Hey Fight Fans,

Below are the patch notes for the update shipped on 16 February 2023 - 10566251.

This update contains a small change (see below) that should improve the amount of desync some players are seeing online. We want to take this opportunity to reiterate that online matchmaking and stability are ongoing areas of focus for us, and getting online play to a place we're happy with it is going to take time, so we appreciate your patience.

Somewhat related to that, we've seen reports of players encountering cheaters when playing ****** or ranked matches online. The best thing you can do if you run into someone obviously cheating is to use the report function at the end of the match - we monitor reports and will begin taking action against players who we know to be cheating while we work on longer-term solutions.

Gameplay Changes

- Reduced the overall impact that accuracy, punches thrown, counter punches, and defence has on how judges score a fight. This is in an effort to produce fairer scoring results. Some judges still value these things over punches landed, but less heavily than before.

- Made adjustments to punch tracking to make slipping and dodging more viable.

- Improved the way we handle Arm Fatigue online, which we hope will reduce some amount of desync players are experiencing.

Boxer Changes

- Muhammad Ali: Overall reduced from 94 to 93, with his power punch moving from 89 to 84, his Right Hand Power moving from 92 to 89, and his Left Hand Power moving from 88 to 87.

- Sugar Ray Robinson: (Welterweight) Overall rating reduced from 92 to 91, with minor adjustments made across a range of stats.

- Sugar Ray Robinson: (Middleweight) Overall rating reduced from 92 to 91, with minor adjustments made across a range of stats.

- Sugar Ray Robinson: (Lightweight) Overall rating reduced from 92 to 91, with minor adjustments made across a range of stats.

- Natasha Jonas: Changed her fight stance to Southpaw. Added the 'Sting Like a Bee' and 'KO Artist' traits. Changed her fight style to Outside Fighter.

- Sophie Alisch: Added the 'Untouchable' trait. Changed her fight style to Outside Fighter.

- Ebanie Bridges: Added the 'Right Hand Bomb' and 'KO Artist' traits. Changed her fight style to Slugger.

- Chantelle Cameron: Added the 'Sting Like a Bee' and 'Punches in Bunches' traits.

- Terri Harper: Added the 'Bombs Away' and 'Distance Keeper' traits. Changed her fight style to Outside Fighter.

- Jessica McCaskill: Added the 'Bombs Away' and 'Granite Chin' traits.

- Delfine Persoon: Added the 'Tireless' and 'Third Wind' traits. Changed her fight style to Swarmer.

- Cecilia Braekhus: Added the 'Distance Keeper' trait.

- Katie Taylor: Changed her fight style to Swarmer.
Old 02-17-2023, 10:36 PM   #83
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

Game is playing much better imo. Best it’s been by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-18-2023, 03:05 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 7

Been testing on Steam Deck and it runs well in offline with SMT disabled.

Turners Gym 35-40 FPS consistently

WBC Arena 27-30 FPS consistently
Old 02-19-2023, 12:27 PM   #85
MVP

Just picked up the game today and have only played through the tutorial and then 3 Heavyweight fights.

Very early impressions:
1: The game looks great overall
2: Way too many punches are thrown in a given round. This is largely due to the lack of a true inside fighting system and while clinching is in the game, it does not happen enough and there needs to be a whole system dedicated to the clinch.
3: As others have noted, the AI throws way too many body punches. I used Frazier against Ali and Ali threw almost twice as many body punches as head punches. Not realistic or true to Ali at all.
4: As others have noted, the damage system seems off just in general.

Now I know and understand this is still in development, and there is a lot of promise in this game; however, in its current state it is not a great boxing game. It certainly has that potential and I hope they are able to maximize that potential.

I am hoping that when they add the ability to create fighters they allow the ability to set favorite punches, typical punches, etc for each fighter. This is something Fight Night Champions did and I was able to make the AI fight fairly close to the real fighters. I hope they add that ability to edit their roster as well.

I will certainly continue to play and I am hopeful the game continues to move in the right direction. I will say, I have fun playing it which is certainly an important aspect of any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2023, 09:23 AM   #86
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

Anyone see this game Bare Knuckles? Saw this guy playing it on YT and though it is not as pretty graphically as Undisputed it looks promising. Being developed by one guy.
Old 02-23-2023, 10:00 AM   #87
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
Anyone see this game Bare Knuckles? Saw this guy playing it on YT and though it is not as pretty graphically as Undisputed it looks promising. Being developed by one guy.
Got a link? Tried searching for it, found the website but can't find anything on Youtube, just gives me gameplay of old Streets of Rage and Bare Knuckles on the Genesis lol
Old 02-23-2023, 09:04 PM   #88
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakywwe
Got a link? Tried searching for it, found the website but can't find anything on Youtube, just gives me gameplay of old Streets of Rage and Bare Knuckles on the Genesis lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_wDxqdFVYk

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »