Home

D-Up: A Pistons Journey

This is a discussion on D-Up: A Pistons Journey within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-05-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 0

Introduction

With the first pick of the 2021 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons select... Cade Cunningham! 6-8 guard out of Oklahoma State.

When the organization saw its 20-52 record (last in the East) turn into the No. 1 overall pick, it cemented the youth movement that was already starting in Detroit. The team turned that pick into Oklahoma State’s star guard Cade Cunningham, who isn't even the first Piston born in the 2000s. Not only that, but the team boasts another half dozen players who won't reach 24 years of age by the end of the season.

Despite the strides made last season by Saddiq Bey, Isaiah Stewart, Killian Hayes and Saben Lee, there’s still a lot of newbie learning that will be needed. Having Jerami Grant, re-signing Cory Joseph and acquiring Kelly Olynyk provides some experience and guidance, but much of the training will continue to come on the fly.

GM Troy Weaver and coach Dwane Casey want to preach and tighten up the Pistons’ defense, which has been slipping in recent seasons from the calling-card status that had in Detroit’s two championship eras. From eighth in 2016-17, the Pistons have slid to 22nd and 19th the past two regular seasons. This year’s crew certainly has the athletic ability and roster depth to push harder at that end, in need of know-how and (until we see it) commitment.

SETTINGS
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: Play-In -> 7-7-7-7
Quarter Length: 12 Minutes
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Sliders: Custom
Roster: Prof2K Roster
Draft Classes: Starting with the 2022 Class (tbd after that)

Last edited by dfsJunkie; 10-05-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2021, 03:07 PM   #2
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Re: D-Up: A Pistons Journey

saving for later

Last edited by dfsJunkie; 11-09-2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Gotta tighten up some stuff. But you guys can post!
Old 10-05-2021, 03:11 PM   #4
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Pistons Mailbag - October 18, 2021

The season is right around the corner as the Detroit Pistons get ready to kick off its season opener at home against the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday night.

With that, we have our first mailbag session of the 2021-22 season. So let's get right to it!

Question 1: What can we expect from Cade Cunningham this season?

Answer: As we know, Cade Cunningham joined the Pistons as the team's first selection (no. 1 overall pick) in this year's past draft. Measuring at 6-foot-8 and 220 pounds, the 19-year-old has all the physical tools to make an immediate impact at the next level.

He can do it all. He's great attacking the rim, but can also pull up from deep and hit the three-ball. He's a true floor general and will really excel in the pick-and-roll. He's a little bit on the slower side, but overall a very dynamic player.

Expect him to lead the team in assists and be top three or four in scoring in his first year. Most of all, expect him to bring the clout that the team has been missing, and hopefully able to lure stars to the Motor City over the next couple of seasons to play alongside him.

Question 2: Who will be the opening day starting five?

Answer: Right now there are a few different options head coach Dwane Casey can go with, but I think Cunningham, Saddiq Bey, and Jerami Grant are locks. The real question lies with the off-guard and center positions. I think it looks something like this:

PG – Cade Cunningham
SG – Josh Jackson / Killian Hayes / Hamidou Diallo
SF – Saddiq Bey
PF – Jerami Grant
C – Kelly Olynyk / Isaiah Stewart

I'm sure we'll see Coach Casey play with some different combinations throughout the year and see what's working and what's not.

Question 3: Is this a playoff team?

Answer: No. I don't think it is. A top-10 finish in the conference should be considered an over achievement for this team. With tons of youth of the roster and no stars, this season is a clear building phase for the Pistons. The East is much better than in years past, so for the team to potentially vie for Play-In finish would be a shock to most.

Preseason rankings of Eastern Conference teams would be as follows:

1. Nets
2. Bucks
3. Hawks
4. Sixers
5. Heat
6. Knicks
7. Celtics
8. Bulls
--
Raptors
Wizards
Pacers
Hornets
Cavs
Pistons
Magic

That's all for this post, see you next time!

Old 10-06-2021, 05:16 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Yes Cavs are higher than the Pistons! Sadly I don't think that will be the case at the end of the year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #6
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy14fan
Yes Cavs are higher than the Pistons! Sadly I don't think that will be the case at the end of the year
I like the pieces Cleveland has between Sexton, Garland, Okoro, Mobley and Allen. They've drafted nicely over the last few years. I think Mobley might end up winning ROTY.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:30 PM   #7
Pro

dfsJunkie's Arena

Team News

Pistons announce starting five ahead of Wednesday's opener

Dwane Casey announced his starters in yesterday's presser ahead of tomorrow night's season tip-off against the Chicago Bulls.

This year's Detroit Pistons are clearly in rebuilding mode, but they might be a shockingly fun watch throughout the season.

After having the second-worst record in the NBA last season, the team will look to rebound.

Here's how the opening day roster shakes out:

Opening Night Starters
G - Cade Cunningham (R)
G - Josh Jackson
F - Saddiq Bey
F - Jerami Grant
C - Isaiah Stewart

Bench/Reserves
G - Killian Hayes
G - Saben Lee
G - Cory Joseph
G - Frank Jackson
G - Rodney McGruder
G/F - Hamidou Diallo
F - Isaiah Livers (R)
F/C - Kelly Olynyk
F/C - Trey Lyles

Old 10-07-2021, 02:01 PM   #8
MVP

studbucket's Arena

OVR: 8

Is Luka Garza not in the game? Too bad to make the team on these rosters?

I'm an Iowa alum and I've seen that he signed a full contract and Pistons fans seem to be cautiously optimistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »