Home

MLB The Show 09' Reds Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 09' Reds Franchise within the Baseball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
MLB The Show 09' Reds Franchise

I decided to do a Cincinnati Reds franchise. I will be playing on vetern w/ normal sliders. I will be the GM & only make realistic trades. I also will be using a roster file I found online that has ALL players; hope you follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 09' Reds Franchise

I will be following!
Old 05-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
Rookie

CINCINNATI REDS
SPRPCIFOF
Bronson ArroyoJared BurtonRyan HaniganEdwin EncarnacionJay Bruce
Johnny CuetoFrancisco CorderoRamon HernandezAlex GonzalezChris Dickerson
Aaron HarangDaniel Ray HerreraPaul JanishJerry Hairston Jr
Micah OwingsMike LincolnBrandon PhillipsDarnell McDonald
Edison VolquezNick MassetJoey VottoLaynce Nix
Arthur RhodesWilly Taveras
David Weathers
LOUISVILLE BATS
SPRPCIFOF
Homer BaileyBill BrayWilkin CastilloKevin BarkerWes Bankston
Ben JukichCarlos FisherCraig TatumLuis BolivarDaniel Dorn
Matt MaloneySam LeCureDanny RicharJonny Gomes
Ramon A. RamirezRobert ManuelAdam RosalesNorris Hopper
Daryl ThompsonAdam PettyJohn Chris ValaikaDrew Stubbs
Josh Roenicke
Zach Stewart
Pedro Viola
CAROLINA MUDCATS
SPRPCIFOF
James AveryJon AdkinsChris DenoveYonder AlonsoJuan Duran
Dallas BuckRamon GeronimoDevin MesoracoAlex BuchholzTodd Frazier
Misael DeJesusKyle LotzkarJose CastroChris Heisey
Jordan SmithDerrik LutzZach CozartSean Henry
Travis WoodJuan SulbaranJuan FranciscoYorman Rodriguez
Sean WatsonMichael Griffin
Neftali Soto
Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Church Brings Blues To Opening Day 09'
CINCINNATI-- For the first time since Opening Day 2001 the Cincinnati Reds did not have Adam Dunn or Ken Griffey Jr in the opening day line up and it showed. Cincinnati managed only three hits and struck out eight times in a lost to the Mets. The first run of the season came in the 3rd after Johan Santana, who picked up a no decission going 6.1 allowing only 2 hits, 1 run, and striking out 5, grounded into a 4-6-3 double play allowing Luis Castilo to score from third. The lone run came in the bottom of the seventh for the Reds after a RBI triple by Brandon Phillips to score Edwin Encarnacion, who had two of the three hits, off newly acquired JJ Putz to tie the game 1-1. It stayed that way till the top of the 9th when Ryan Church took David Weathers deep to right for a 2-run homer to make 3-1 Mets. That is all K-Rod needed to pick up his first save as a Met, striking out a batter and gettin the other two to pop out to close the game.
"It felt great to get that first one out of the way," K-Rod said. "Now I wanna get 161 more!"
Manager Dusty Baker said when talking about the Mets pen, "They spent a lot of money on that pen this year They've got two closers now . They shored up the area they wanted to shore up. You certainly want to get to the starter before they reach the pen but that is hard to do when your facing Johan. We jus faced the best 1-2-3 punch in baseball possibly; but there is another 161 games to go so this nothing to frown on. We will hit I promise you. I jus feel for Aaron"
Aaron Harang started his third straight opening day for the Reds going 6 innings and allowing only 1 run on 4 hits while striking out 4 in a no decission.
"It is kind of disappointing but I knew 1 run could be to many with Johan on the other side. I got faith in my guys that the bats will come around, it jus felt good to be healthy again."
The series will pick back up on Wednesday when last years lone Reds All-Star Edinson Volquez takes on key to the Mets staff John Maine.

W: JJ Putz 1-0
L: David Weathers 0-1
S: Francisco Rodriguez 1

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 05-11-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

BP Putz One Over On The Mets
CINCINNATI-- For the second night in a row the Reds and Mets fought each other in a pitching duel with the winning runs coming off a home run, but this time it was Cincinnati smiling. Edison Volquez went eight innings allowing a run on three hits while striking out six. John Maine went 6.2 for the Mets also allowing a run but on four hits. Both runs came in the seventh inning as Carlos Beltran went deep in the top of the inning and Brandon Phillips scoring on a passed ball to tie it in the bottom. The game remained tied despite the Mets having a great opportunity in the ninth but missing out when Arthur Rhodes got Carlos Delgado to ground out to Alex Gonzalez with bases loaded an two outs getting Nick Massett out of a lost scenerio.
"That is what we brought him in for," said Dusty Baker. "His job is to get that left hander out and he did."
Then in the bottom of the tenth Brandon Phillips came up big again but this time taking JJ Putz over the wall for a 2-1 victory.
"I saw him (JJ Putz) throw back to back first pitch fastballs to the batters ahead of BP so I gave him the green light."
"He made a mistake leavin the fastball over the plate and well you know the rest." said Phillips
With the win the Reds improved to 1-1 on the season and will finish the series vs Mets today a 1:00 PM. The Reds will be going with there other young dominican right hander Johnny Cueto facing off vs Mike Pelfrey.

W: Arthur Rhodes 1-0
L: JJ Putz 1-1
S:-----
MVP: REDS STAFF, 10 IP 3 H 1 R 2 BB 7 K
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

FOUR RUNS SIXTH HELPS WIN SERIES FOR REDS
CINCINNATI-- After struggling to get on, get over, and get in the Reds bats awake for a inning to help clinch the series with a 4-1 victory over the Mets. All four runs came in the bottom of the sixth with three coming off the bat of Jay Bruce. The inning led off with a single by Johnny Cueto to left. Wily Taveras then laid down a perfect sacrifice bunt to move Cueto to second. Jerry Hairston Jr. followed that up with a RBI double down the third baseline. The Mets then walked Joey Votto to set up a double play threat for Paul Janish who was pitched hit for by Ryan Hanigan. Hanigan grounded into a 5-3 fielders choice due to the hit an run there was no double play possibility. Jay Bruce was up now and had been struggling 1-9 this season but that all changed with one swing of the bat. Mike Pelfrey fell down in the count 2-0 to Bruce.
"I could not believe he went back to back curve balls." said Bruce "He has been throwing them all game but I would not think he would do that with two men on. I knew he'd have to come with a fastball"
That Mike did and Jay made him pay crushing a 3 run shot to right.
"I knew it was gone once it left the bat." said Dusty Baker "I knew he would come around eventually. The kid is way to good not to hit. The best part of this though we finally got are starter a victory which he deserved."
That statement can not be any truer. Johnny Cueto pitched a great game throwing seven innings of shut out baseball and striking out six. He may have gone for the complete game but was pitched hit for in the seventh to attempt to score more runs.
"I saw the way Harang and Volquez pitched the last two days. I was determined to match them if not do better. I just happen to pick up the win so I now lead our starting staff in wins." Cueto laughed.
The Reds will now host the Pirates to a three game series this weekend, before going on there longest road trip of the season. Bronson Arroyo will take the mound tomorrow night against Tom Gorzelanny, first pitched expected 7:05.

W: Johhny Cueto 1-0
L: Mike Pelfrey 0-1
S: Francisco Cordero 1
Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Rookie

ROCK STAR GETS ROCKED
CINCINNATI-- For the first time this year a Reds starter did not not go longer than the opposing starter. After starting off striking out 2 of the first 3 batter faced Bronson Arroyo was hit hard and only went 4.2 innings giving up 7 runs, 3 in third 4 in fourth, on 7 hits and 4 walks in a 7-2 lost to the Pirates.
"I do not know what happen out there today. I had it but then I didn't. I can promise you though that wont happen again." Arroyo said.
On the other side after being hit hard the first 2 innings and giving up 2 runs Tom Grozelanny settled in allowing only 4 hits in 8 innings while striking out 4.
"We started to attempt to do to much. He (Grozelanny) was wild early on yet when we fell behind we were swinging at the first pitch. We should of made him work more. We jus got to realize we are no longer that one hit comeback team. We have to do the small things. I was happy with Edwin (Encarancion) and our bullpen, we can grow from that though." stated Dusty Baker.
Dusty has a right to be happy with Edwin and the pen. Edwin extended his hit streak to 4 games after goin 3-4 with an RBI, along with improving his team leading batting average to .385. The bullpen continued there dominance as of late only giving up 2 hits in mop up work. Game 2 of the series will take place tomorrow with Reds skipping Micah Owings in the rotation an starting ace Aaron Harang (0-0 1.50 ERA) taking on Pirates ace Paul Maholm (1-0 1.00 ERA) due to the off day this past Tuesday.

W: Tom Grozelanny 1-0
L: Bronson Arroyo 0-1
S:----
MVP:Nat McLouth 1-4 3 run HR
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
Rookie

ANOTHER PITCHING DUEL LOST BY REDS
CINCINNATI-- The quote from Aaron Harang (0-1 2.18 ERA) says it all about yesterdays 2-0 lost to the Pirates.
"I can not lie I am truly disappointed. I go out there and throw a great game and again get no run support. It seems like it has been that way my whole career in Cincinnati. I really hope it changes because this **** is getting old." Harang went 6.1 giving up only 2 runs on 5 hits while striking out 8. One of the runs came off a solo homer from Adam LaRoche while the other after Ryan Hanigan threw the ball into center field on a Brian McClouth steal attempt allowing him to go to third and score on a seeing eye single to right from Ryan Doumit.
"We hit okay today we jus could not get them in," stated Dusty Baker. "I understand why Aaron is upset he has a right to be."
The Reds totaled up 7 hits, leaving all 7 on, off of the Pirates ace Paul Maholm (2-0 .50 ERA) who threw his second straight complete game shut out.
"We jus could not get the big hit. It was like once we got to scoring position our bats died. It is disappointing but we just have to learn and move on; can not stay upset about 1 game," stated Jay Bruce.
Bruce pulled his batting average up over .250 going 2 for 4 but struck out swinging in the eighth with Votto on second and 1 out. Another side note Edwin Encarnacion hit streak ended at 4 after going 0-4. The Reds will look to avoid the sweep today when Micah Owing takes the mound for the first time this season vs Ian Snell (0-0 9.00 ERA).

W: Paul Maholm 2-0
L: Aaron Harang 0-1
S: -----
MVP: Paul Maholm 9 IP 7 H 0 R 3 K

Last edited by BigBlueFan08; 05-15-2009 at 04:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Baseball Dynasties »