Home

Passing is atrocious

This is a discussion on Passing is atrocious within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-07-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
Passing is atrocious

I love most aspects of the game, but the passing is horrendous. I can't seem to complete more than 1 pass consecutively, regardless of my QB's skill. And I'll be throwing to wide open receivers, yet he overthrows the ball about 85% of the time. It's driving me insane. I flick it up; overthrown. I press it up; overthrown. I hold it up; overthrown. About 90% of my passes are picked off or incomplete. I don't get it.

And also, the camera is WAY too tight for passing the ball. At least raise the level enough to see past your damn lineman.

Last edited by xNYGx; 06-07-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Passing is atrocious

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNYGx
I love most aspects of the game, but the passing is horrendous. I can't seem to complete more than 1 pass consecutively, regardless of my QB's skill. And I'll be throwing to wide open receivers, yet he overthrows the ball about 85% of the time. It's driving me insane. I flick it up; overthrown. I press it up; overthrown. I hold it up; overthrown. I don't get it.
I don't know man. I have played enough to learn the passing game and I throw for mid 200s consistently with only 1-3 picks a game. Also always atleast 60% completion rate.

I think you need to just play more and learn how to pre-read a defense.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Here is a game of me and allbthere just the other day. I passed for 343 yards 60% on the day, 3 TD, 3 INT.

Me and Allbthere had a excellent game of Backbreaker versus one another last night. It was his created team vs my created Saints. We both played really well and did not turn the ball over to often for both of us learning the game.

Passing
Allb - 13/18 - 70% passing - 245 yards - 1 TD - 1 INT
Phobia - 18/30 - 60% passing - 343 yards - 3 TD - 3 INTs

Rushing
Allb - 88 yards - 1 TD
Phobia - 9 yards LOL

Receiving
We both had multiple guys with 60+ receiving yards and each had a man break 100 yards.

Defense
Allb - 8 tackles - 2 sacks
Phobia - 6 tackles - 2 sacks - 1 int

Also Allb kicked 4 FGs.

Finial score
Allbthere - 26
Phobia - 21
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Banned

I've played the game quite a bit, and I just can't get the hang of the passing. I don't understand how SO many passes are off by 5+ yards. It's odd to me.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
I've played the game quite a bit, and I just can't get the hang of the passing. I don't understand how SO many passes are off by 5+ yards. It's odd to me.
Most my passes are shoulder height or right near the knees. I would bet my pay check you are holding up on the right stick to long and not directing the "lead" feature low.

Lets use a example

WR Route

I---------->
I
I
I

The moment he is coming across the middle you flick up real quick. Just a simple flick and release. Then the moment after you flick up, you would hold the right stick DOWN and to the RIGHT. This will lead the ball away and low.

If you are flicking up and holding it up just a hair to long, it will be high jump balls all day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Most my passes are shoulder height or right near the knees. I would bet my pay check you are holding up on the right stick to long and not directing the "lead" feature low.

Lets use a example

WR Route

I---------->
I
I
I

The moment he is coming across the middle you flick up real quick. Just a simple flick and release. Then the moment after you flick up, you would hold the right stick DOWN and to the RIGHT. This will lead the ball away and low.

If you are flicking up and holding it up just a hair to long, it will be high jump balls all day.
I see. Well then that proves my original theory correct. Those are HORRIBLE passing mechanics. The direction you hold the LS should be the direction you lead your pass (more). I'm just gonna stick with create-a-team and tackle alley, because I can't play the 11-11 game without getting pissed.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

Quote:
I see. Well then that proves my original theory correct. Those are HORRIBLE passing mechanics. The direction you hold the LS should be the direction you lead your pass (more). I'm just gonna stick with create-a-team and tackle alley, because I can't play the 11-11 game without getting pissed.
The left stick does nothign but move your guy. You do all the throwing and leading with the RIGHT STICK. It is really easy once you learn it. I suggest just sitting down and learning it. Why get mad? It is a new IP
Old 06-07-2010, 02:47 PM   #8
Pro

bowld's Arena

i hated passing at first as well but now i love it!..nothing better than seeing your WR is double teamed on the inside, so you drop the ball right over his outside shoulder for the catch..EPIC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »