Home

Player Rating Categories

This is a discussion on Player Rating Categories within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
Rookie

theDude47's Arena

OVR: 2
Player Rating Categories

I've been looking at one of Rocky's posts where he broke down most of the player ratings categories, and I'm going to work on finding out the names of the unknown categories. The list appears below.

In Order:

Speed
Agility
Read Coverage?
Pass Power
Stamina
Kick Power
Durability?
Strength
Jumping
Coverage
Run Route
?
Tackle
Break Tackle
Pass Accuracy
Composure?
Catch
Run Block
Pass Block
Secure Ball
Pass Rush
Run Coverage
Kick Accuracy
?
?
?
Run Style (1, 50, 99)
Consistency?
Scramble
? (All 99's)
Durability?
Height

I'm pretty sure 2 of the unknown categories are Leadership and Aggressiveness. I'll do testing to figure out which ones. If any of you have any ideas what could be the other unknown categories, please post it in this thread. I need to figure this out before I start working on my 2010 NFL rosters.

Last edited by theDude47; 02-18-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Player Rating Categories

Maybe one is reach tackle O_o or does that tie into tackle, maybe they added some like awareness??
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

What's the highest value possible? I have a WR with 5F jumping (95 decimal?). Is 100 the highest the decimal can go? In Backbreaker, I know the stats could go to 255, prior to Greathouse #3 patch.

I guess I'll find out for myself if he jumps off-screen, lol.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReMeDy
What's the highest value possible? I have a WR with 5F jumping (95 decimal?). Is 100 the highest the decimal can go? In Backbreaker, I know the stats could go to 255, prior to Greathouse #3 patch.

I guess I'll find out for myself if he jumps off-screen, lol.
Well in 2k5 they could go to 127 using the editor, so I presume it's either that or 255.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
Rookie

I tried jumping on a receiver with 128, but noticed nothing special in his talents. I'm going to try taking it to 254.

I'll also try testing durability. That would be funny to have players who are famously always injured, like Bob Sanders, with 1 durability. And before you guys say that's too low, remember Bob Sanders pretty much went out the first play of the first week in the new season despite having nearly all of last season and the off-season to rest.

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-15-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Well in 2k5 they could go to 127 using the editor, so I presume it's either that or 255.
I think you're right - this may apply to APF 2k8 as well. From what I've tested, I believe 127 decimal (in hex that equals 7F) is the max. If you try to surpass that number, your player incurs some kind of penalty in that attribute. I tested this with the speed rating. Despite a decimal of 200'ish, my player was slow as a snail. When moving it down to 127, he became super fast.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Last edited by ReMeDy; 01-16-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

I gave a Randall Cunningham a 127 rating in speed, since qb's are so slow and he seemed pretty fast. Couldn't tell if it was faster than a 99 though. I'll have to try it out on a receiver or back.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVONFTW
I gave a Randall Cunningham a 127 rating in speed, since qb's are so slow and he seemed pretty fast. Couldn't tell if it was faster than a 99 though. I'll have to try it out on a receiver or back.
Yea the 127 without question works, but I think if you raise it a little higher (even just one point?) then it f00ks up the speed and he goes slow. 127 definitely seems faster than a 99 imho. I was doing outside runs pretty effectively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »