Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #51
Dutch
"Dutch"

I wonder if anybody would pay to see Maximus beat the crap out of Dutch? I mean, besides JG.

Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #52
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Maximus - a piece of advice:

If you mean what you say, you will change your behavior. Based on your past as Vulcan, based on your temper on which you yourself have commented, and based on the tendency for controversy and attacks to follow where you go (either by you or toward you) if you continue on this path I see it as enevitable that you will eventually get banned, not necessarily because you've done anything horrible, but because of the dirty wake your presence leaves behind. Again, that is just my opinion, but one which I think is probably pretty accurate, obviously.

Again, this isn't meant as an attack, but as a comment from one poster to another to tell you straight up how I see things. You are no where near HornsManiac in your level of controversy or trollishness or whatever you want to call it. However, there are similarities. You have created a reputation, a persona if you will, and as a result people naturally gravitate to your posts and toss out comments that end up getting you riled up. Arguments or flame-fests ensue. In themselves they aren't really all that much, but collectively (as pointed out by Dutch) they begin to add up. As with Horns, it wasn't necessarily any one post or thread that got him banned, but his body of work here at FOFC. You are headed on that same path.

Take this however you want. It isn't an attack, but my honest opinion of your standing around here. Others may agree. Others may disagree. So be it.

I'll quit rambling now.

^
Best advice I've heard from anyone here in this thread. As a result.....I'll take it.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #53
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I wonder if anybody would pay to see Maximus beat the crap out of Dutch? I mean, besides JG.

Not looking for a fight Dutch. You could be 6'10" tall for all I know but please don't assunme that what you think I am - is what I am. Like I said, I read your posts all of the time and that will not change because a lot of the things you post are either funny or intertesting.

I'm no longer posting here unless it is directly related to FOF (the game). Most will jump for joy over this but for me to get flamed over and over again is crap. I can understand what I did in the past wasn't right (vulcan era) but since this past year (2005) I have been "behaving" - so I thought. Obviously, I left a bad taste in the mouths of most people. Sorry.

Take care all.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:27 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Top 15 reasons over the past 10 months why folks *might* suspect Maximus is attention deprived (starting with most current). All of these threads were started by Maximus.

15. We just learned today that you have been suffering from high-blood pressure, but the scary part is that you are suddenly coming up with low-blood pressure since you stopped taking the meds.

14. Your girl scared the hell out of you with really bad pain in her head and possible sign of a stroke. (Medical advice on the board was to take her to the hospital, ASAP.)

13. You've eaten all your wife's brownies when she explicitly told you 'NO'. (example of a good post by Maximus).

12. Tried to post a fake announcement and got suspended for two weeks.

11. Asked everyone on the board if they were okay after the bad storm that swept through Wisconsin. You heard there was one dead, so you just wanted to check. (Yes, our fears have been confrimed Larry from Sheboygan was killed and he was a regular FOFC lurker. My condolences.)

10. Pretended to be drunk and dirty dancing with all the guys wives at some party and were still drunk enough to type really badly after you raced home to tell everybody at FOFC how cool you are when you are drunk.

9. You pinged yourself in a new thread.

8. In late June you were f-ed up on anti-anxiety pills.

7. Have a 4 in 5 chance of having your "feelings" or visions come to fruitation and "saw" John Travolta die in a plane crash, perhaps a small charter plane. (It seems, in hindsight, John Travolta rolled a "5".)

6. Were largely enjoying pain meds in early-June.

5. In late May you fell asleep on your left arm and and now it goes numb and tingles any time you set it down in a certain position on the table, bed or whatever. (9 out of 10 doctors on FOFC recommend you don't set your arm down in that position--especially not on a table or bed.)

4. You get heartburn even when you are not eating as explained in May.

3. Were the first to spread the news that anybody who wanted gay sperm won't be able to so anymore. (Thanks for keeping FOFC informed...this was in early May.)

2. In April you apologized for all the conflict because you lost your job, your best friend died, your brother was crushed by a 22 ton front loader and this was after you personally survived a bout with cancer.

1. In March you had been suffering from sharp headpains approximately 3-4 times per week and anywhere from 1-3 times per day.

Observation/Concern: You seem to be on pain medications regularly. I don't think that is very healthy.

I've been trying (successfully up to this point) to keep my mouth shut re: Maximus and this thread, but I have to say I think this is a brilliant post.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:31 PM   #55
Dutch
"Dutch"

@ Maximus - You were close, I'm 5'10" but I can shoot fireballs from my arse. Seriously, here's some more advice, dude, never let them see you sweat...and try not to take everything so seriously. Pick your battles.

Last edited by Dutch : 10-05-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #56
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Maybe someone could make a text sim about it
Old 10-05-2005, 10:36 PM   #57
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I've been trying (successfully up to this point) to keep my mouth shut re: Maximus and this thread, but I have to say I think this is a brilliant post.

It was an odd mix of serious concern and humor, I nearly pulled a Buzzbee and deleted it, because of that disparity.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:50 PM   #58
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
Dutch, I like you and I read your posts a lot. However, if you are at all poking fun at my concnerns then I would suggest that you shut the hell up. Everything I post here is true and not some fucking made up shit. Don't, for a second, make liteof my life. I cannot see you in person so for you to talk as if I were some liar is some BIG talk from you bro. I would really doubt you would have the balls to say anything to me in person.

Why do you keep replying to people twice?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:45 PM   #59
st.cronin
General Manager

tangential question ... anybody know the effect of altitude on blood pressure?
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:19 AM   #60
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

Yup.

This is not meant to be mean at all, but whether maximus realizes it or not he has been a "look at me" guy as of late on this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #61
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Now that he's sort of gone...who do we look at now? *shrug*
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote