Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 PM   #51
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Love Zoolander, but I don't consider that one of the "group movies".... I guess it kind of began it, (maybe cable guy?), but its was funny.

As to Anchorman, I dunno, I just found it freakin hilarious, and loved the Steve Carrell character. I actually thought the Jack Black scene was horrible. By far the worst scene by far. And I absolutely hate Napoleon Dynamite... I seriously don't understand the love. It had horrible writing, the one liners were completely stupid... I can't think of one line I'd quote in that piece of shit. I wanted to sue blockbuster online for recommending it to me, but then I remember that I was using the first free month... still felt cheated though.

Interesting...while I can tolerate Zoolander and Napoleon Dynamite (neither is great IMO), I thought Anchorman was absolutely the stupidest (and most unfunny) movie I've seen in years. In fact, I can't say I've liked any film that Will Farrell has had a starring role.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 07-17-2005 at 09:35 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:29 PM   #52
korme
Go Reds

Saw it tonight. Packed crowd. There were points in the movie where people were laughing so loudly you couldn't hear what was being said.

Funny ass movie!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:32 AM   #53
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I saw it last night, thought it was pretty good. I liked Old School the best out of these types of movies, I would rank Wedding Crashers below that but above Anchorman.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #54
JeeberD
General Manager

Saw it a few night ago and thought it was better than I was expecting. Hilarious flick, and numerous hot babes!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #55
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Saw it on Sunday as planned and absolutely loved it. Twas a non-stop laugh thrill ride. Not as good as Old School, but better than Dodgeball. When Vince Vaughn went off on his little rant about putting just the tip of the head in I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Of course I'm sure it helped that my buddy snuck in a flask of captain that we mixed with our cokes. MMMmmm.... Captain.....

Last edited by mrsimperless : 07-19-2005 at 04:31 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #56
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Saw it on Sunday as planned and absolutely loved it. Twas a non-stop laugh thrill ride. Not as good as Old School, but better than Dodgeball. When Vince Vaughn went off on his little rant about putting just the tip of the head in I almost fell out of my chair laughing.

Of course I'm sure it helped that my buddy snuck in a flask of captain that we mixed with our cokes. MMMmmm.... Captain.....

Friday, November 27, 1998. Last night I ever sailed with (and likely will ever sail with again) the Captain.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:03 PM   #57
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Friday, November 27, 1998. Last night I ever sailed with (and likely will ever sail with again) the Captain.

Pix please, thx.

Or if you'd prefer you can just tell the story. Out with it man!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #58
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Pix please, thx.

Or if you'd prefer you can just tell the story. Out with it man!

There are no pix and if there were they would have been destroyed. It's not really all the interesting of a story. Day after Thanksgiving. Got together with a bunch of friends and played hockey all day. Came home. We drank. We went to a bar and continued to drink. Came back home and drank some more. I also ate a lot of pretzles (which were probably making me thirsty so I drank yet more). Captain & Coke we the drink of the evening. Next thing I know I am calling to Huey down the big white telephone for the next 30-45 minutes. I stagger to the couch and pass out.

First time I had puked since I was 8 years old (I was 24) after eating too many Skittles (have never had another) while watching "King Kong." Also ended up with an eye infection because I didn't manage to store my contacts properly.

To this day even a sip of Cap'n & Coke makes me shudder.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote