Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #1
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Wedding Crashers

Anyone been to see this yet or planning to this weekend? I just bought my tickets on Fandango for a Sunday afternoon matinee. I can't wait!

I absolutely love Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, the Wilson brothers, and (usually) Ben Stiller. I'm guessing they are one big group of friends since usually you don't see a movie with just one of these guys. Bring on the hilarity!

mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

so let me get this straight

you
Quote:
absolutely love Vince Vaughn
Old 07-15-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Which part of a man loving another man do you have a problem with?
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Which part of a man loving another man do you have a problem with?

Just making sure I read that right...not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #5
moriarty
College Starter

what's the early buzz on this?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #6
rkmsuf
Head Coach

*picture of thumbs down*

EXCEPT FOR THE FACT YOU GET TO SEE JANE SEYMOURS TA-TAS

and other hot girls in it.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 07-15-2005 at 02:01 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #7
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Jane Seymour's Tits should have been the title.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:05 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Welp, I'm going to see this in a couple hours since the buddy I was supposed to go with evidently went with his mum to a movie instead.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:07 PM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Welp, I'm going to see this in a couple hours since the buddy I was supposed to go with evidently went with his mum to a movie instead.

say what?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #10
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
went with his mum to a movie instead

dude
Old 07-15-2005, 02:16 PM   #11
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
what's the early buzz on this?

It's received quite favorable reviews thus far. It has a 75% "fresh" rating. Good looking women. Good laughs. What's there not to like?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 PM   #12
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
It's received quite favorable reviews thus far. It has a 75% "fresh" rating. Good looking women. Good laughs. What's there not to like?

All that AND Jane Seymour's ta-ta's? I may just have to bring my mum along.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #13
Buzzbee
College Starter

Jane Seymour's ta-tas 20 years ago and I'd very much like to go. Jane's ta-tas now? Not so much.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Jane Seymour's ta-tas 20 years ago and I'd very much like to go. Jane's ta-tas now? Not so much.

OK, no ta-tas for you then.

I'm putting you on the "do not rent" list for all of earth.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:50 PM   #15
Buzzbee
College Starter

No ta-tas for Buzzbee.

I didn't say I wouldn't like to see 'em. Just not as much as I'd like to have seen them 20 years ago.

Hell, 20 years ago I would have very happy to see Jane's 20 year later ta-tas.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #16
rkmsuf
Head Coach

you'd honk em in a second.

I'll take you off the list because I can't deny you this enjoyment.
Old 07-15-2005, 02:53 PM   #17
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
dude
SWEEET!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 02:56 PM   #18
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
you'd honk em in a second.

I'll take you off the list because I can't deny you this enjoyment.

Two seconds. I'm not as quick as I used to be.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

Kay, I'm off to throw my socks and shoes on and trudge to the theater. be back later

Old 07-15-2005, 03:08 PM   #20
rkmsuf
Head Coach

bring your glasses too....so you have them.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 PM   #21
Easy Mac

Saw the movie this evening. It was ok. The first 1/2-2/3 of the movie was funny... laugh after laugh. Vaughn and Wilson were in their normal form. The story dragged a lot for about the last 1/2 to 1/3 though. Just got kind of old, and the jokes they tried just weren't funny. Even the Will Ferrell part wasn't funny.

I must say, there were numerous breasts, and Rachel McAdams is like a pretty version of Jennifer Garner (a little pale, but thats ok). She's had a good run of movies with Mean Girls (a good job with the role), the Notebook (looked gorgeous), and now this (looked stunning). The girl who played the crazy sister wasn't too bad either.

I didn't really feel like Christopher Walken was given much to work with though. Dr. Quinn is freaky though.

Overall, about a 5.2 out of 10. A good half, but just ran out of jokes.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #22
Easy Mac

oh, and the theater was packed, so thats good. Of course, the manager came in and asked us to bunch up to fit more people. No offense, but I got there early so I could sit where I wanted. Its not my fault fuckwad wants to walk in 2 minutes before it starts and they expect to get a good seat. Suck it up and sit in the front of the theater.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:23 PM   #23
Izulde
Head Coach

I concur with the first 1/2 to 2/3rds of the movie being absolutely frigging hilarious. The last 1/3 of the movie died out though.

Will Ferrell his last movies seems to have gone way down in his acting. While Kicking and Screaming had the most horrible script I've ever seen for a kids' sports movie, he still was overacting and not too funny in it.

In this film, the disparity in talent and performance between him and Wilson/Vaughn was absolutely jawdropping. I couldn't believe this was the same actor from Old School and Anchorman.

It's like after his recent strings of successes, Will is just starting to dial it in and not take acting seriously anymore.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #24
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
I absolutely love Vince Vaughn, Will Ferrell, the Wilson brothers, and (usually) Ben Stiller.

Wow. There is someone who has the exact opposite opinion of me, not that it matters. Knowing how much I absolutely hated Old School, the actors listed has to be at the bottom of the list (Stiller has always been at the bottom, along with Sandler).
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #25
Easy Mac

His problem seems to be he doesn't want to/doesn't know how to/can't turn down a role. I actually think he was a little too subdued this role. Meatloaf! was amusing though. I think I'm going to see Kicking and Screaming tomorrow ($2 movies) just out of sheer boredom.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:28 PM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Wow. There is someone who has the exact opposite opinion of me, not that it matters. Knowing how much I absolutely hated Old School, the actors listed has to be at the bottom of the list (Stiller has always been at the bottom, along with Sandler).

Stiller I'm not all that thrilled with myself, but Sandler I find absolutely hilarious and a true comic genius.

Jim Carrey is the most overrated SOC actor on the planet, though. He is *not* funny and has *never* been funny.

I'll grudgingly admit he can do drama fairly well though.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:29 PM   #27
Easy Mac

I've never really been a Stiller fan... he practically killed Dodgeball for me. He's my least favorite of the comedy "team".... although I'd have to say, for me, there's quite a group going in hollywood. The Wilsons (basically the same person with different hair and noses), Vaughn (thankfully reviving after Swingers), Ferrell, Jack Black (on occassion). Throw in random Daily Show guys, and its quite a group. I look back on Cable Guy and think... damn, that was quite a few pretty decent comedians.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #28
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Comedy has to be one of the most subjective things out there. I like the actors mentioned above in some roles and not others. The only actor still making movies today that is pretty much guaranteed to make me laugh is Chris Tucker. The man just can't not be funny. Other than that there are hits and misses.

As for the rest, Stiller had his moments (I loved him in "Mystery Men"), but often annoys. I liked Owen Wilson in "Shang Hi Noon." Vaughn was great in "Swingers" of course. Will Farrell is great in his "Saturday Night Live" skits, but I have never seen any of his work on the big screen. The only movie I think I have seen him in was "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back" and I thought he was terrible. Each scene he was in was abysmal. I think Jack Black is pretty great. He was amazing in "School of Rock" and I liked him in "High Fidelity." I love "Happy Gilmore", but not many, if any, of Sandler's other films. I don't think there is any Farley brothers film I liked, just not my thing, despite a decent moment here and there. Though I find many of the Coen brothers films (Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Though, Raising Airzona, and Fargo) are hilarious.

Well, that was pretty much a useless ramble.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:01 AM   #29
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer

I don't know why, but each time I read this all that I can imagine is "I told you kids to get off my lawn!" (shaking fist)

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:37 AM   #30
korme
Go Reds

Vince Vaughan is my favorite comedic actor, easily..
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:48 AM   #31
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Vince Vaughan is my favorite comedic actor, easily..
I liked him in Psycho.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 01:55 AM   #32
korme
Go Reds

I liked him in Swingers.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:44 AM   #33
weinstein7
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Jim Carrey is the most overrated SOC actor on the planet, though. He is *not* funny and has *never* been funny.

I'm not going to stand here and defend Ace Ventura (let alone Ace Ventura 2), but to say that Firemarshal Bill was "never" funny....well, that's just crazy talk.

I do agree that Carrey's competence as a dramatic actor is one of the most surprising transitions from comedy to drama in recent memory.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 12:13 PM   #34
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
I do agree that Carrey's competence as a dramatic actor is one of the most surprising transitions from comedy to drama in recent memory.
Competence yes...mastery no. Much as I like some of the dramatic films he's been in, there's always at least one scene in every film where he's obviously acting. Same thing happens with Brad Pitt, fwiw.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #35
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just got back from seeing it. I'd do Jane Seymour. Hell, I'd do all the girls that were in that movie-maybe even the grandma

As far as the "Frat Pack" movies go, I rank them like this:

1.Wedding Crashers
2.Old School (de facto)
3.Dodgeball (on the verge of sucking)
4.Anchorman (sucked)

The stuff that these guys do is good (see: Swingers, Bottle Rocket, Made, Royall Tenebaums, etc), but the incestuousness is beginning to get tiresome.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #36
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
I'm not going to stand here and defend Ace Ventura (let alone Ace Ventura 2), but to say that Firemarshal Bill was "never" funny....well, that's just crazy talk.

Tom Hanks was better.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 10:30 PM   #37
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
I just got back from seeing it. I'd do Jane Seymour. Hell, I'd do all the girls that were in that movie-maybe even the grandma

As far as the "Frat Pack" movies go, I rank them like this:

1.Wedding Crashers
2.Old School (de facto)
3.Dodgeball (on the verge of sucking)
4.Anchorman (sucked)

The stuff that these guys do is good (see: Swingers, Bottle Rocket, Made, Royall Tenebaums, etc), but the incestuousness is beginning to get tiresome.

Man, I'd have to say this ranks no where near the brilliance of Old School.

1. Anchorman (ungodly funny... I may pop this one in right now)
2. Old School
3. Wedding Crashers
4. Starsky and Hutch
5. Dodgeball
Old 07-16-2005, 11:04 PM   #38
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

I just saw it tonight. I have to be another to add that the first 2/3 were very funny but the last 1/3 dragged on quite a bit.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 12:30 AM   #39
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Man, I'd have to say this ranks no where near the brilliance of Old School.

1. Anchorman (ungodly funny... I may pop this one in right now)
2. Old School
3. Wedding Crashers
4. Starsky and Hutch
5. Dodgeball

Okay, I've been wondering this for ages now, and I don't want this to seem as if I'm questioning anyone's taste in movies, but what was so great about Anchorman? I mean, it should be right up my alley. Smart comedy disguised as stupid..that's what I thought it was going to be..Don't tell me Steve Carrell's character was the funny part, because that was just way too over the top. The Jack Black scene=very funny. Do you guys consider it akin to Napoleon Dynamite, where the first time you saw it didn't seem all that great, but then the quotability among friends elevated it, and now every time you watch it you laugh hilariously at every line? I just want to know.

Oh, and I forgot Starsky & Hutch..throw that one in between Anchorman and Dodgeball for me. I mean...who hallucinates on cocaine?
Old 07-17-2005, 01:23 AM   #40
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The wife and I might be the only ones to appreciate the brillance that is Zoolander.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #41
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Do you guys consider it akin to Napoleon Dynamite, where the first time you saw it didn't seem all that great, but then the quotability among friends elevated it, and now every time you watch it you laugh hilariously at every line? I just want to know.

I don't think so. I thought it was one of those hit or miss movies. Personally, I didn't find it all that funny. While there are some lines I can go back and laugh at now, I definitely wouldn't put it in the hilarious category.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 07:58 AM   #42
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
The wife and I might be the only ones to appreciate the brillance that is Zoolander.

Love Zoolander, but I don't consider that one of the "group movies".... I guess it kind of began it, (maybe cable guy?), but its was funny.

As to Anchorman, I dunno, I just found it freakin hilarious, and loved the Steve Carrell character. I actually thought the Jack Black scene was horrible. By far the worst scene by far. And I absolutely hate Napoleon Dynamite... I seriously don't understand the love. It had horrible writing, the one liners were completely stupid... I can't think of one line I'd quote in that piece of shit. I wanted to sue blockbuster online for recommending it to me, but then I remember that I was using the first free month... still felt cheated though.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:32 PM   #43
weinstein7
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel

Not alone.

I thought Zoolander was the stupidest movie ever....and then I saw it. Wow. It's pretty rare that you can go into a movie expecting it to suck and have it blow you away, but that's pretty much what happened with me and Zoolander. Good times.
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #44
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Okay, I've been wondering this for ages now, and I don't want this to seem as if I'm questioning anyone's taste in movies, but what was so great about Anchorman? I mean, it should be right up my alley. Smart comedy disguised as stupid..that's what I thought it was going to be..Don't tell me Steve Carrell's character was the funny part, because that was just way too over the top. The Jack Black scene=very funny. Do you guys consider it akin to Napoleon Dynamite, where the first time you saw it didn't seem all that great, but then the quotability among friends elevated it, and now every time you watch it you laugh hilariously at every line? I just want to know.

Oh, and I forgot Starsky & Hutch..throw that one in between Anchorman and Dodgeball for me. I mean...who hallucinates on cocaine?

Starsky and Hutch is great. I think it's really underrated.

Anyways, I love Anchorman, might rank it higher than Old School. I don't know, every line is so quoteable, I do think it gets better with each viewing.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:41 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Zoolander is just amazingly funny.

I can never get enough of that movie.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:53 PM   #46
korme
Go Reds

Ok, I love stupid movies (hence my Anchorman affection). But please explain why Zoolander is amazingly funny or brilliant. I mean, it has it's moments but I don't warrant it funny enough to even buy it. What is the underlying humor?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #47
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
Ok, I love stupid movies (hence my Anchorman affection). But please explain why Zoolander is amazingly funny or brilliant. I mean, it has it's moments but I don't warrant it funny enough to even buy it. What is the underlying humor?

It was so stupid it worked. The cameos and everything else about it. I mean, Billy Zane and David Bowie .. That had me dying.

Plus, it was a movie that was so absurd it just worked. The gasoline fight, the Piano Neck Tie and of course the brain-washing video.

It just all worked for me.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:56 PM   #48
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola ... Child labor laws are silly and outdated.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #49
Vince
Pro Starter

I absolutely, positively hated Zoolander. I think it might possibly be the stupidest movie ever. My friends and I watched it one quarter after we had finished our finals. We were really excited that we had waited until after the finals, because we all felt momentously more stupid after having watched it.

Which is strange, because I usually really enjoy these sorts of movies (Anchorman, Old School and Dodgeball are three of my favorite comedies of all time).
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 07-17-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:46 PM   #50
jamesUMD
High School JV

I saw Wedding Crashers today and thought it was funny as shit. Much better than Anchor Man IMO. I also have to say that I liked Zoolander.

Everyone has different tastes I guess. I was laughing all the way through this movie. I was pleasantly suprised.