Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #151
Balldog
Pro Rookie

He just got me for 35 in the season opener. I let him get in the paint too much then he got warmed up and started hitting jumpers. Killed me.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #152
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
The double team fix is a great find! Playing Sim All-Star I am getting worked quite frequently...mostly due to crappy D.

For example, how would you guys defend D Rose?

On Pick and Roll : Have your big set to "soft hedge", manually go under the screen and keep an eye on you next line of defense (the PF or SF/SG on that side) so that you can quickly switch there if he blows by you. Alternatively i have gotten more comfortable actually controlling the big for a moment rather than the guard in that instance, then switch to the "next guy" towards my own basket.

In general i am often ok with a guy like Rose (or just now Westbrook) getting his points, honestly try to set it up so that you encourage 1:1 play.

In terms of the defensive settings, i think you simply need to be consistent and know what you want. For example the "force direction" (baseline/middle) is a huge deal and if you have a guy set to "baseline", do that when you controll him manually as well. I personally like to force playmakers to the baseline and scorers (say Monta Ellis or Waiters) to the Middle.

Not that i am a world beater myself, more like i am getting by

Question: Is it not possible anymore to call a quick postup for a specific player ? (f.e. Wiggins when guarded by a smaller guard)
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:36 AM   #153
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
The double team fix is a great find! Playing Sim All-Star I am getting worked quite frequently...mostly due to crappy D.

For example, how would you guys defend D Rose?

The only way that I have found how to slow him down is to get the ball out of his hands, so I sag off him, force a double team and hope he passes to the open guy who I sprint too once he passes the ball to hopefully rush the shot. He will commit turnovers from time to time as well.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #154
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
The only way that I have found how to slow him down is to get the ball out of his hands, so I sag off him, force a double team and hope he passes to the open guy who I sprint too once he passes the ball to hopefully rush the shot. He will commit turnovers from time to time as well.
I was thinking about picking up 2K16 as I still play 2K11. (I'm not a hard-core gamer like many here.) But if Rose is treated like some kind of superstar in this version then it's already a broken game for me.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #155
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I don't think rose is over powered. He can't shoot so all you do is sag off him and force jumpers or him to ditch the ball. If he gets isolated it can be tricky if you have a poor mismatch but he's not super hard to defend like someone like lebron or curry
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #156
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Yes. I had Kyrie Irving defending him, which was probably not the best idea.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:37 PM   #157
Groundhog
Coordinator

This seems like a silly question, but how do I change sides once the game has started? I couldn't find the option....
Old 11-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor View Post
I don't think rose is over powered. He can't shoot so all you do is sag off him and force jumpers or him to ditch the ball. If he gets isolated it can be tricky if you have a poor mismatch but he's not super hard to defend like someone like lebron or curry

Agreed. My strategy of sagging off him is usually very effective.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:43 PM   #159
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Groundhog - pause the game, all the way down there is the select sides option. There you can change teams, then immediately go to defensive settings and change to auto, then go right back to select sides and change back. Then you are ready to roll!
Old 11-09-2015, 05:25 AM   #160
Groundhog
Coordinator

Ah, it's only available in MyLeague, not MyGm.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #161
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Ah, it's only available in MyLeague, not MyGm.

Theres a workaround if you have 2 controllers:

1)On the start game screen choose the opposing team with the 2nd controller and start the game
2) pause with your 2nd controller and make changes (to be save i would personally also "auto" everything in coach settings, too lazy too figure out if nescessary)
3) unpause game for a second
4) Then pause with your main controller (important to keep your main profile assigned to your team)
5) live-sim a few seconds, jump back in and voila: Opponent is controlled by the cpu again with the settings still applying
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 11-09-2015 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #162
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

First big gameplay patch coming to ps4 and Xbox soon, likely by Thanksgiving. It will have many changes. A few of my favorites:

Lower rated shot blockers won't be nearly as effective.

Great shooters will hit a slightly higher percentage of contested shots when they create space.

Contested interior shots will go down less often.

Dozens of changes but these are a few of the highlights for me.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-10-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #163
rjolley
College Starter

Hope that makes it's way to the PC as well.

I'd like to see a fix for the double teams. I would also love to see them add the ability to set your defensive preferences in the global screen instead of just for each team. It's annoying to set it every game.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:54 AM   #164
whomario
Pro Starter

Anybody here able to give me some pointers on how to get a logo into the game without the background ? What i did was remove the background, save as png. Still showing up with a white background ... If anybody here comes by this stuff easy, this would be the logo i´d like:

Spoiler

Last edited by whomario : 11-12-2015 at 11:55 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #165
whomario
Pro Starter

Patch out for PS4. With MS likely needing way longer, i am now pissed to miss out on it during the 1 weekend this month with substantial free time

Patch Notes in spoilers due to insane amount:

Spoiler

would in theory fix everything i could think off as being an issue

Highlights for me:

- Added support to view the uniform your opponent selects prior to starting a Play Now Online game.

- Tuned the fair market value for players; teams should now be signing players for the appropriate amount of money.

- Teams are now less likely to trade away newly signed players, specifically those signed to longer contracts.

- Improvements to help defense and rotation logic.

- Improved CPU logic for when to hustle back in transition defense. (ME: I sure hope that includes my CPU teammates ...)

- Improvements to double team logic.

- Reduced the frequency of unwanted contested shot fadeaways.

- Tweaks to errant pass frequency when passing out of double teams and contact shots.

- Fixed post-up double dribble and travel (pivot) issues.

- Tuned down excessive flopping being performed by AI players.

- Tuned body-up system to prevent sub-par defenders from being overly effective at stopping the ball handler.

- Pass receivers are now less likely to veer away from the basket to catch a pass.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:17 PM   #166
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

Sweet! This is already the best sports game I've ever played. Man they've done a hell of a job.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 01:49 PM   #167
rjolley
College Starter

Looking at the patch notes, my immediate reaction to this one is THANK YOU! ABOUT DAMN TIME!

We no longer give an ‘allow offensive rebound’ teammate grade penalty after blocking an opponent’s shot.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #168
Balldog
Pro Rookie

If I had the time I could see myself playing several full seasons of this one!
Old 11-13-2015, 07:18 PM   #169
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Awesome! I can't wait to play this post patch. I happen to have 5 days of vacation time next week. I can see this getting a lot of time during my vacation
Old 11-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

FWIW, there is a more exhaustive patch list on OS than what is posted above... drooling!

Here is a link:

NBA 2K16 Patch #3 Available Now on PS4, Soon For Xbox One - Patch Notes Included - Operation Sports Forums
Old 11-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #171
Groundhog
Coordinator

Hope it makes its way to PC as well...
Old 11-13-2015, 11:37 PM   #172
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Got a game in tonight with the patch. A lot of good fixes in there! I'm still not seeing a lot of mid-range action from the CPU and my guys are still not effective from mid-range. I think each of those can be tweaked with sliders. Other than that the updates are well worth the hefty download!
Old 11-17-2015, 06:41 AM   #173
whomario
Pro Starter

This is going to be "free-to-play" on the XBox1 for all Gold subscribers this Weekend, if you have not yet bought it but thought about it. Hope that means the patch will be out by then as well ...
Old 11-20-2015, 07:41 PM   #174
rjolley
College Starter

The PC version of patch 3 has been released. Finished downloading it and going to play in a bit.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:33 AM   #175
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Game plays much more smoothly with patch on the PC. Audio glitch seems to have gone away as well. Also find it a bit easier to create open jumpers. Only played one game, but was very happy with the last patch since I only play MyCareer.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:29 PM   #176
rjolley
College Starter

This thread in OS' NBA2K forums was started by one of the 2K devs. He's asking for ideas for 2K18 in MyLeague and MyGM. There are some good ideas in there that may be implemented in the next couple of years.

Take a look and contribute if you have more ideas: Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K17 Wish List - Operation Sports Forums
Old 01-30-2016, 01:35 PM   #177
Ironhead
College Prospect

Just curious what people think about the game at this point? It is currently on sale on Steam for 40% off. Thinking about picking it up.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 04:38 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Just curious what people think about the game at this point? It is currently on sale on Steam for 40% off. Thinking about picking it up.

My favorite version ever. Not perfect but plays a very good game of basketball. I have ps4 version.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #179
rjolley
College Starter

I still play as often as I can and still enjoy the myGM that I've been playing since release. Waiting for the last game play patch to drop before I start a new game.

The game still needs work, but it's getting better. Will be playing this one until I decide to buy 2k17 and enjoy the improvements in that version.

I have the PC version.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:07 PM   #180
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think I played this one less than I have the last couple of versions. I love a lot of the extra features, but too many money plays in this one for me, especially on the pick-and-roll.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:07 PM   #181
Groundhog
Coordinator

Maybe I'm the last to know, but someone figured out how to activate coach mode during MyLeague. Started up a new MyLeague last night and have had fun relocating the Kings to Seattle and re-creating the Sonics and only coaching - calling plays, subs, etc.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:54 PM   #182
Balldog
Pro Rookie

NBA 2K16 Preview Thread

How do you do coach mode?

Last edited by Balldog : 02-01-2016 at 02:54 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #183
whomario
Pro Starter

If it still works that way ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Looks like they found a way to get coach mode working!!! Might have to get the game now. And the system to go along with it lol

2K16 CPU vs. CPU (Coach Mode Lite) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums--post 100

OMG - it works in MyLeague - REAL coach mode!

1. PLAY game with you on a controller
2. pre tip off switch to SimCast LIVE
3. wait for first basket
4. just after team inbounds the ball QUIT and SAVE to MyGM or MyLeague
5. go back into game and BINGO - Coach Mode

When you go back into the game it thinks you are still PLAYING but instead of "in" SimCast Live you are in the main game. IT'S A MIRACLE (they will probably "FIX" this bug).

A few things you will need to do is fix the sound options and also make sure you go into Coachs Settings and change things to manual. Also camera angels will be changed

THANK YOU - BloOd_SMeaR_
Old 02-01-2016, 03:46 PM   #184
whomario
Pro Starter

Have yet to get really into it, can´t get through the long games as it is now. Feels very sluggish every time i try unfortunately.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:22 PM   #185
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yeah, the movement is really off for me too. I think the changes to player movement look a lot more realistic, but it's real sluggish to handle. Players stick to each other a ton, which for me makes screens a nightmare to use. I think my success rate is about 20% with most of the time the defender riding me away from the screener, which would be a foul in the NBA.

Still, 'watching' in coach mode, it looks beautiful.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #186
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Cool. Are you getting realistic results?
Old 02-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #187
Groundhog
Coordinator

On Pro difficulty (I've read this is the most even difficulty for CPU/CPU) with default simulation sliders I'm getting pretty good results. Scorelines in the 90-110 range through 6 games.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #188
djsatu
High School Varsity

Got me a Xbox one yesterday, along with this amazing game. Have played 2 games on pro (found some sliders on OS), and won both with ease. Can anyone recommend some challenging sim gameplay sliders for all star or superstar? Want to start a franchise tonight!
djsatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 04:46 PM   #189
Groundhog
Coordinator

Main ones for me are that you need to drop mid-range and 3pt sliders down considerably, as well as the sliders for shots around the basket. On default sim open jumpers are money by anyone with an even half-decent shot rating, and if you have a half-decent post player it's too easy to just spin in the key and score in traffic.

Do that, and you will be forced to execute plays to get looks.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:38 PM   #190
whomario
Pro Starter

yeah, did the same. Also raise the fouls across the boards, slightly lowered defensive awareness and upped offensive awareness and offensive rebounding (for both cpu and user), other than that it´s IMO largely preference and trial and error.

Game has grown on me. Did a lot of simulating and playing the odd game, now in 2019 playoffs, having played about 20 reg season games and now all playoff games. Took over the Celtics with thei plethora of draft picks and put together a real fun team. Rated 8th/9th across the board. Lots of created players, though starting Rubio, Crowder and Motiejunas with Caspi and Dellavedova as bench options. Best player is an 85 rated created SG who is basically a more athletic Ginobili and averaged 25/6/6 during the reg season.

Anyway, some things have really impressed me, like the CPU actively cross-matching defensively and (apparently ?) changing strategy. My starting Center is not exactly a force offensively (averaged 11/10) but is 7´1 and athletic. I managed to score 25 and 22 in the first 2 games of my 2nd round matchup with the 76ers and in the 3rd game the cpu was much more agressive with him and doubled hard and i could not adjust. Not just on him, they were much more agressive across the board and totally surprised me and i dropped the game 101-120 and now am down 1-2 ...
Old 04-12-2016, 11:36 AM   #191
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man, NBA 2K16 makes the NCAA Football fan in me jealous. Being able to record games would be such a cool feature to have in NCAA 2014. How cool would it be to watch human-vs-human national championship games?

Did anyone ever try to start an NBA 2K league for FOFC? I'm terrible at the game (in my few brief forays into it - NCAA 2014 still takes up most of my video game time), so I probably wouldn't be a good candidate to be in one. But hypothetically, an online league with classic teams and players would be awesome.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-12-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #192
whomario
Pro Starter

What system are you on ? Wouldn´t mind playing a few friendly games here and there (am on Xbox One).

I am really enyoing the game since the patches, have played a ton more than i anticipated over the last month or so. I also love all the Information available, like Shot Charts for players and teams, the Metrics, player comparison etc etc.
Have become more adept at running the Pick and Roll to either finish or pass out (one gripe i have that it is so hard to pull up from midrange. Playing with Rubio as the PG i´d expect for the CPU to give me that shot.), have created my own playbook fitting my roster with nice diversity for each player and have found a handfull of Freelance Offenses i like. A huge deal was changing it from "freelance action" to "motion cuts" in the 2nd column (below the actual style/playbook).

Love the Hawks set for Half Court and the 7 seconds one when i want to push the tempo.

Am in early 2020 now and No2 in the East. Am at 33-12 (play maybe 1/3 of the games now after largely simming the first couple years) while the Cavs are 38-7 (Lebron still going strong, Love and Kyrie now supported by Avery Bradley and a few nice role player, including a 75 rated 2nd year Center who is good)

Last season was 50-32 and a loss in the ECF.

My team is pretty good, though nor overpowered and simply tons of fun. Seriously thinking about doing a sort of Dynasty report with a few Videos and screenshots ...

My team (some stats don´t "add up" to team stats due to a couple injuries)

PG: Rubio / 80 Ovrl -- slightly developed his shot, slightly added up his D before the save game start. True Floor general / 12 ppg, 9 APG, 42/38 shooting, leads team in +-.

SG: Armando Rojo / 85 Ovrl -- 22 year old drafted 2nd, 6´6, basically Ginobili with more athleticism) / 24/7/6 but now out 6 weeks with a broken leg (which seems very short ?)

SF: Andor Szomory / 75 Ovrl -- 25 year old in his 3rd year drafted 15th, has an amzing stroke and unlimited range. I actually take shots 3 feet outside the arc routinely. Basically my very own Kyle Korver clone. / 17/3/1, 52/49 % shooting.

PF: Giannis Antetkounpo / 83 Ovrl (higher if edited to SF) -- Mister do-it-all. Kickass Defender routinely guarding 1-5, great at taking bigger guys off the drible, dunks everything and is a great passer. Weakness is his shooting, 9-40 from three // 16.5/10/6 with 2 BPG

C: Lyle Wilkins / 79 Ovrl -- 23 year old 7´1 Center in his 4th year, drafted 4th. Not a great athlete without much leap (his reluctance to dunk is frustrating) but kinda fluid, good defender, massive frame. Just good enough on offense to make use of smaller guys in spurts. // 12/10 with 2 BPG

Bench 1: SF/PF Paulo Viana 78 Ovrl -- 23 year old, 6´8 and 240. Decent shooter (39% from deep) but his real calling is in the high post. Quick enough to get by 4s, bigger than most 3s. Terrible rebounder (career average of 3.8 in 27 MPG) and so-so defender at best. But as a 6th man, he´s awesome. --- 14/3.5/1 in 21 MPG (averaged 20 in 32 Minutes as a starter the year before)

Bench 2: Dellavedova. Terrific shooter, decent Playmaker. Sees some minutes at the 2 as well. 8 PPG, 4 APG in 20 Minutes.

Bench 3: Boban Marjanovic / 74 Ovrl. 6/6 in 15 MPG
Old 04-12-2016, 02:11 PM   #193
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm on PS4.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:53 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I am on PS4 and would be up for some games
Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #195
whomario
Pro Starter

speaking of impressive 2k attention-to-detail:

Also, someone did this as a mod:

I had tears from laughing
Old 04-15-2016, 06:38 PM   #196
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm dying from the cheerleader video. That is fantastic!
Old 05-15-2016, 07:46 PM   #197
whomario
Pro Starter

Just need to gush a little ... There was another patch that changed a few subtle things, especially regarding fast breaks. And the game was awesome before and pretty much perfect now. Basically the best single-player sports game (excluding text sims ) i have ever player. Seriously, it´s so damn rewarding if you win and the sliders/difficulty can really be used to create the game you want.

Having an absolute blast, trying to get that title for the Celtics. Just beat the 76ers in the 2020 Playoff 2nd round. After winning the first 2 at home i got beat on a buzzer beater (after a freaking inbound play where i got totally leveled on a screen) and then returned the favor in game 4 Wrapped it up in game 5 thanks to 41 from Giannis, who kept loosing his defenders cutting to the basket and also had 17 boards thanks to the 76ers having trouble in the Front Court.

Basically every game is different, yet there are also things that you recognize every time in a playoff series. Heck, after my Center scored 25 and 26 in the first 2 games, the 76ers double teamed him often the next game. One game i have all the time in the world coming off PnRs, the next they are hounding me. Basically 50% i can play my game, the other 50% i have to adjust from game to game, which i love.

Yeah, pretty fun game
Old 06-08-2016, 09:59 AM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, I've been back into this game with the NBA Finals and now I'm completely hooked again. I've been rebuilding the 76ers and we got the 2016 #1 pick which ended up being a very good but not spectacular SF. However, between him and Okafor we were building towards being a playoff team. However, his 2nd year we were suffering multiple injuries and Embiid was demanding to be traded. I traded him for a 1st round pick of the Jazz who were middle of the pack at the time. They ended up losing the 2nd half of the season and we ended up getting their lottery pick.

I was hoping for a long shot to come in as I had been watching the clear #1 consensus pick all season and salivating. He is a 6'10 270 pound SF/PF who is only 19 and is drawing comparisons to LeBron except he shoots better. Our scouts say he is destined to be a superstar. He is averaging 30 ppg, 11 rpg, and almost 10 apg in college.

So, I watch the envelops open and we are not staying at #8. I watch and watch and we got the #1 pick!

I'm super excited to draft this kid. In his 1st game, it was unbelievable. He has amazing speed for his size, and he is a very skilled shooter and post up player. To top it off he is a decent defender as well. His 1st game against the Cavs (who have since lost LeBron to FA), he is going against Kevin Love as I'm playing him at PF alongside my star SF. He ends up with 38 points, 14 boards, and 7 assists in his debut. I can't wait to see where this kid goes from here. I've never had a player in NBA 2k16 come in at an 83 and with his A potential, the sky is the limit.

I also have a very good team around him already. Tony Wroten has become a solid PG. I traded Eric Gordon last season only to have him bounce back to us in FA. I have Okafor at C, who is the best scoring big man in the league and finished 3rd in the MVP voting last season. I have Noel backing up both PF/C. And I have Pierre Jackson to back up the PG along with a few young prospects who has some skills to back up SG/SF.

Oh yeah, his 38 points were on 12 of 16 shooting and 13 of 15 from the line.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-08-2016 at 10:00 AM.