Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2003, 05:46 PM   #51
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
KWhit just informed me he is out. How many we got? Enough?
Hmmmm....I haven't heard anything from Celeval. Three isn't enough for poker IMHO, but if y'all still want to cook out and hang out, I'd be up for it. Maybe G-Dawg could bring the Playstation and let me have a look at Madden.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 06:28 PM   #52
Celeval
Pro Starter

I'm out. :/

Kevin
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2003, 10:09 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

If Griffin is any closer than 13 points in the opener, I'll be surprised.
Old 08-16-2003, 10:19 AM   #54
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I guess this was a non-starter. I wish we could have gotten it together, but I know how hard it is to pull free on a Saturday. We ought to try again on a Friday night sometime. That is always easier than Saturday, or better known as the day the family ate.

I hope you didn't go to too much trouble, SD.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:00 AM   #55
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by GrantDawg
I hope you didn't go to too much trouble, SD.
Now, now. Think about that statement.I'm a married guy whose wife left to go out of town for the week. I assure you that I have done nothing whatsoever yet to prepare for tonight. I was gonna go to the grocery store this afternoon and buy my steak for tonight, a bag of charcoal, and soft drinks and sides for everyone. The only difference is that I won't be buying the soft drinks and sides. Oh yeah, and since no one will be here when I eat, I'll buy a t-bone rather than a strip, and eat that sucker by holding it by the bone like a caveman.

Seriously, no trouble at all. I was quite surprised, and a bit skeptical, when it looked like this was going to happen on the first Saturday night of the school year.

No worries.
Old 08-16-2003, 11:20 AM   #56
Ben E Lou

Dola--

What G-Dawg, did you think I was like cleaning the house, breaking out the good china, and lighting fragrant candles for you Neanderthals???
Old 08-16-2003, 07:06 PM   #57
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally posted by JonInMiddleGA
If Griffin is any closer than 13 points in the opener, I'll be surprised.
Do they not have much coming back? Until getting our hats handed to us by Shaw, all year long the one team the guys felt like they wouldn't want to have to face again was Griffin.

Our guys looked very good in the scrimmage against South Gwinnett on Friday night, particularly considering that D.T. didn't dress out. I don't know what South has coming back, but I know they were a AAAAA playoff team last year. Of course, Thomas looked spectacular, but what was more encouraging was that a number of our role players clearly looked significantly stronger than last year.